2005 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1181 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

I love this car!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"Bought in 2005 with 12 miles on it. Best car in pice range for sure! Have had a few try to buy it, lol....not happening :) Will own until it is a piece of scrap. If you are lucky enough to come across one that is in good condition buy it cause they will be a small car collectors item! Everyone likes them!"

keeps going and going

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"i bought this car with 8,000 miles on it(2004). the car now has 246,000 miles . i had not one problem with this car runs like a champ it only had one tune up witch was replacing the plugs only that was done around the 200,000 mile mark. still have not replaced the belt no need to at this time nothing wrong with belt no wear, no missing teeth ,no cracks so for it looks great.this car is a little beast just keeps going and going . change oil to full synthetic after the 100,000 miles.since then just gas and go........"

At 100,000 miles....

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, sporty, handling, gas mileage"

Cons: "I really cant find"

"I have not had a single maintence issue with this car! It even has theoriginal brakes it performs almost as good as the dayi bought it new. Excellent handling in emergencies, sporty, and safely gotten us from point a to b in a large city. What more can u ask for out of a $14,000 base price car? Reviewed is a Maxda3 Sedan 4 door manual transmission no power locks or windows. KEEP BUILDING CARS THIS RELIABLE SPORTY AND SAFE MAZDA. I LEFT HONDAS F9R THIS AND COULDNT BE HAPPIER. Honda was great in the 90's but have since become equipped with cheaper parts in my opinion. And I think the customer reviews reflect that Maxda3 and 6 are the kings now."

I wish I could take it with me

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"We are moving out of the country and can't take the car with us due to customs rules. Except for the usual wear of parking outside in NYC the car is excellent condition, the interior is mint, never smoked in it and never spilled any coffee or sticky juices in it. We only took it to weekend drives out of the city,I never drove it to work or to run the errands... It was serviced only at the dealer so records are available. There was never an issue or a reason to have it repaired accept for regular scheduled maintenance and twice when some rodent chewed on some electric wire in the engine compartment which was replaced with a new wiring harness (at the dealer). There are some light scratches and bumper marks that didn't come up in the pictures. I really wish I could take the car with me."

Top notch car-no regrets

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "value, dependability,style,build quality,zoom-zoom"

Cons: "in all honesty, none"

"Bought this car a 2007 s grand touring automatic with 22,000 miles on it. Now at around 96,000 it has been great! Plenty of pick up and decent gas mileage, around 28-30 mixed driving. No rattles, everything is tight, interior and exterior look almost like when I first bought it, and of course the handling is superb. With a nice set of snow tires it does well in the winter. I keep this car in my garage and never had even a single drop on oil of the floor and never have to add oil between changes. This car only sees a mechanic when it is inspection time and that is just a formality. I've owned three other Mazda 3 cars and four Proteges, two going over 200k and everyone was top notch, which is why I keep buying them for myself, my wife, and kids. It's a no brainer."

besr car prchase I ever made

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "low maintenance costs, great acceleration"

Cons: "no a/c vents in back"

"I bought it used ( 19k miles) from a Mazda dealer and got four Four year warranty!"

i love my mazda. (zoom zoom)

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "stylish look and affordable."

Cons: "no cons from this happy mazda owner."

"I am very pleased with my mazda 3. overall I am a happy mazda customer. I would definitely recommend."

Fast little car!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "torque, interior, overall body shape"

Cons: "Clearance to ground."

"I don't regret for one moment buying this car, except for the clearance. I live in Iowa, we get a lot of snow, and this car has a hard time getting through big drifts. I love the turbo! This car is so fast! The interior is beautiful, like a cock pit. The dashboard lights are all in red, so cool at night. I always get people asking me what type of car it is, and it's so cute. Thumbs up on this one."

The best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "reliable, good gas mileage"

Cons: "low profile tires wear out sooner."

"For all the miles I've put on this car, all I have had to do is change oil and balance and rotate the tires. besides the regular "check up" maintenance."

Love My Mazda

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Great value,easy and fun to drive"

Cons: "Needs more outlets, including USB"

"I bought my Mazda3 brand new in 2005. It has been a great car! I am thinking of buying a new Mazda3 in the next year or so."

Great for the $

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Reason: Got new Lexus

"Very Reliable. After 135k miles, I felt comfortable enough to sell this car to my brother without fear that it was going to fall apart on him. The car has is fun and feels like a much more expensive sports car. It has tight sharp handling and decent pick up for a car I only spent $18k on in 2005. In the years I owned it the only things I have ever replaced were things that normal wear and tear required. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced vehicle but doesn't want to cut too many corners on performance."

Very good practical hatchback

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Versatile, good size, comfortable"

Cons: "Roadnoise, Back seats dont lay flat"

"When we purchased our Mazda3, we wanted the hatchback because we have three dogs. It has been a great practical car that has served us well. Not overly sporty, not overly dull. Even with the dogs, the interior has held up well. However, there are many many scratches from dog nails on the back bumper from them jumping in. We had to replace the alternator last year, the mechanic said that's a common issue with these cars. I went into Mazda dealership to check the alignment of the tires, they said the tires were all but perfect, but they noted that the engine mount was almost completely cracked so that needed to be replaced last year as well. I wish there was a little more ground clearance, when parking the bumper almost always scratches on the parking curbs. I don't like how much road noise there is, and it bugs me that the back seats don't lay flat, especially when the dogs are in the car. Overall it's been a reliable car which has done everything that it promised. Current MPG is around 22."

I love this car. I have always owned a Chevy.

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "economical,sporty,priced right,"

Cons: "blind sopt to left and rght,"

"I would recommend this care to anyone at any age. Excellent on Gas"

Great 2nd car, new tire, battery & brakes 40 MPG

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "no auto door lock, roll up windows"

07 Mazda3, auto, air, new tires battery, brakes runs great! 83,000 40 MPG

"Excellent condition, used for 2nd car, great in or out of town car, NEW tires, battery and front brakes, 83,000 CD, Air, basic car."

07 Mazda3, auto, air, new tires battery, brakes runs great! 83,000 40 MPG

I have never gone wrong with a Mazda

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "good value, fun to drive, no problems"

Cons: "gas mileage not quite what I hoped for - 28 mpg"

"This is my third Mazda and I have always been very happy with them. Only one service issue in 5 years. This car is very dependable, fun to drive, easy to keep. And it seems to be holding it's value. I would buy Mazda's over and over again."

Very good little car that seems too fit the need.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Needs a little more power."

"Super fun to drive , in and out of traffic no problem,"

close to a lemon

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "would not buy another mazda after this one"

"Multiple mechanical issues, fair amount of rust in rear fenders, worst parking brake ever, and front headlights burn out at least twice a year!!"

good

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"good"

Mazda= Value

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"All my Mazda's 73 808, 78 GLC, 82 626, 92 929, and this 2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback Sport w.2.3 auto have been excellent cars. This one is only on 65K but all of the previous models were retired after they reached 250K."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, gas mileage, quality interior"

"I've had this car 10 years, and still love it. The interior looks new. It runs perfectly. It's been in the shop only for regular maintenance. This model year has kind of a Volvo S40 look, which I like a lot better than the sporty, muscular style of the newer Mazda 3s. My only gripe - I'm starting to see a bit a rust on one of the back wheel wells. Highly recommend this car."

Would not trade it for another car in it's class

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Handles well. Looks cool"

Cons: "Road noise."

Lights on

"Has decent power. You can feel the car out when you push it,to it's limits. Fun to drive on winding roads."

Lights on

Good well rounded car!

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "above"

Cons: "above"

"It really is hard to find a car that is as fast as this one is, as well as is good on gas, as well as enough space/utility!! This car is good on gas if you want it to be, but it can also be quite hungry if you have a lead foot! With some minor mods, I managed to dyno 291 hp with 306 lb/torque!! Another good thing is, cops won't even give you a second glance since most of them don't even know what it is, thinking that it's just a mazda 3 but they are terribly wrong! Here are the pro's and cons of car Pros- *Good gas mileage *Very fast *Awesome looking and comfortable seats *Has enough room for 5 plus some cargo *Best value for the amount of $ u spend *Easy to mod *Reliable *Lots of airbags *Good visibility *Lightweight *Bright HID headlights *Good handling *Black leather *Manual Transmission *Affordable *Timing chain (no timing belt to change) *Did I say FAST?! Could compete with v-8's!! Cons- *Terrible factory motor mounts (must replace) *Limited rim/tire size will fit *Wheels slightly too narrow for enough traction *Kinda loud *Metal exterior somewhat thin and weak *Dash lighting (just my personal preference) *Diff. colored high beams and fog lights *6 speed with very short 1st gear (I prefer 5) *Sway bar links weak/prone to breaking *Front wheel drive & torque steer *Paint options not great *Easy to get door dings *Frequent oil changes needed *Somewhat low redline (6700 rpms)"

Ran over 75+ miles M-F

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and 30 mpg"

Cons: "Mats wear out too quickly"

"Very sporty, very very reliable. My 4th Mazda in a row! I love my Mazdas. Just wish they had a small truck. It is economical and the biggest bang for your buck compared to Honda and Toyota. One time all my belts shredded and the car still got me to the mechanic about 3 miles away. It was hot and I hoped I didn't warp the heads. 2 belts replaced and I was back on the road again. Only thing I have replaced is tires, belts brakes and batteries. Maintain with tune ups and oil changes and you will have a loyal friend. Did I mention 30 mpg!"

Ran over 75+ miles M-F

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and 30 mpg"

Cons: "Mats wear out too quickly"

great car

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to handle great in the snow"

"I bought this car brand new and I loved when I bought and it is one of the best cars I have ever owned never had any problems with it never went to garage for any problems since I bought. I would recommend the Mazda 3i touring to anyone looking for a great car"