2004 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1187 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

great

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

"very dependable, great on gas, smooth driving"

Love my blue Mazda 3!! So much fun to drive!!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and reliable!!!"

Cons: "Can be a bit more expensive to fix."

"We love Mazda and our Mazda 3 is by far my favorite car ever!! I have so much fun driving it and love its sporty look. It has so many extras including a spoiler and 4 wheel disc brakes. It has been a super reliable car and we would definitely buy another one. I like this body style much better than the newer models so I am happy to have an older one. I highly recommend this car!!!"

Mazdaspeed3 is the next generation muscle car.

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, great value, good in the snow"

Cons: "Suspension noises, needs wider tires w\the power."

"This is a great driving car. I've had mine since new and it now has 101,000 miles after seven years of fun. I have added some "bolt ons" to increase horsepower. This car looks, sounds and drives absolutely awesome. The only negatives that I've seen is a clunking with the suspension which has been fixed at the dealer, but it was pricey. The clutch, rear brakes, transmission, engine, etc are all still original after seven years of spirited driving. I couldn't be happier!"

Responsive steering makes you feel in control

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Very responsive steering"

Cons: "Should have 50 more hp"

"If you want a car the handles good,does great on fuel,and has decent acceleration,you want a Mazda3"

A fun-to-drive commuter car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good MPG, good A/C, decent stereo"

Cons: "Little room in the rear seat, no mp3 player, noisy"

"I bought this car used with 92000 miles on the odometer. I don't drive that much but I think I know enough now to write a review. I have a Mazda3 i version with a manual transmission. First of all, it's fun to drive. I find myself looking for reasons to hop into this car and go somewhere. The manual tranny adds to the fun, I guess. Shifting gears is smooth and clean. Sometimes I have a little trouble engaging the reverse gear but nothing major. I have been told the clutch is worn so maybe I'll have to replace it soon. The ride is firm but not unpleasant. It certainly feels like a sporty little car. Mine doesn't have anti-lock brakes so I have to be careful :) Fuel economy is good - I average about 27 mpg mostly around town with occasional highway driving. I fill it up once every couple of weeks and one fill-up is about 35 dollars. The car accelerates well but you have to keep the engine in the 3000-4000 rpm range. It's a little sluggish around 2000 rpm. Steering is precise and the car handles great. A/c works great in hot Texas summer weather. The stereo sounds good but there is no mp3 decoder. However, there is an AUX jack so I can use my portable mp3 player. The car is a little too noisy for my liking, especially at high speeds. On a highway in 5th gear (top gear), the engine revs around 3000-3200 rpm. Noise dampening is not good. But I forgive these little transgressions given that it's fun to drive and the stereo sounds good. The trunk is big enough but the rear seat is not good for tall people. The front seats are very comfy if you add lumbar support. I am 6'4" and I find space in the driver's seat more than adequate. The interior is black cloth and looks very classy - much better than what I saw in Corollas and Civics of the same age. I cannot comment on reliability since I have not fixed anything yet. I should probably replace the clutch and struts soon but they are most likely original so they have lasted 94000 miles and are still OK."