2004 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1184 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Responsive steering makes you feel in control

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Very responsive steering"

Cons: "Should have 50 more hp"

"If you want a car the handles good,does great on fuel,and has decent acceleration,you want a Mazda3"

A fun-to-drive commuter car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good MPG, good A/C, decent stereo"

Cons: "Little room in the rear seat, no mp3 player, noisy"

"I bought this car used with 92000 miles on the odometer. I don't drive that much but I think I know enough now to write a review. I have a Mazda3 i version with a manual transmission. First of all, it's fun to drive. I find myself looking for reasons to hop into this car and go somewhere. The manual tranny adds to the fun, I guess. Shifting gears is smooth and clean. Sometimes I have a little trouble engaging the reverse gear but nothing major. I have been told the clutch is worn so maybe I'll have to replace it soon. The ride is firm but not unpleasant. It certainly feels like a sporty little car. Mine doesn't have anti-lock brakes so I have to be careful :) Fuel economy is good - I average about 27 mpg mostly around town with occasional highway driving. I fill it up once every couple of weeks and one fill-up is about 35 dollars. The car accelerates well but you have to keep the engine in the 3000-4000 rpm range. It's a little sluggish around 2000 rpm. Steering is precise and the car handles great. A/c works great in hot Texas summer weather. The stereo sounds good but there is no mp3 decoder. However, there is an AUX jack so I can use my portable mp3 player. The car is a little too noisy for my liking, especially at high speeds. On a highway in 5th gear (top gear), the engine revs around 3000-3200 rpm. Noise dampening is not good. But I forgive these little transgressions given that it's fun to drive and the stereo sounds good. The trunk is big enough but the rear seat is not good for tall people. The front seats are very comfy if you add lumbar support. I am 6'4" and I find space in the driver's seat more than adequate. The interior is black cloth and looks very classy - much better than what I saw in Corollas and Civics of the same age. I cannot comment on reliability since I have not fixed anything yet. I should probably replace the clutch and struts soon but they are most likely original so they have lasted 94000 miles and are still OK."

Very good buy

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, runs good, reliable"

Cons: "Rear visibility could be better"

"It has been fun, inexpensive and reliable and I'd buy it again."

I love this car!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"Bought in 2005 with 12 miles on it. Best car in pice range for sure! Have had a few try to buy it, lol....not happening :) Will own until it is a piece of scrap. If you are lucky enough to come across one that is in good condition buy it cause they will be a small car collectors item! Everyone likes them!"

keeps going and going

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"i bought this car with 8,000 miles on it(2004). the car now has 246,000 miles . i had not one problem with this car runs like a champ it only had one tune up witch was replacing the plugs only that was done around the 200,000 mile mark. still have not replaced the belt no need to at this time nothing wrong with belt no wear, no missing teeth ,no cracks so for it looks great.this car is a little beast just keeps going and going . change oil to full synthetic after the 100,000 miles.since then just gas and go........"

At 100,000 miles....

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, sporty, handling, gas mileage"

Cons: "I really cant find"

"I have not had a single maintence issue with this car! It even has theoriginal brakes it performs almost as good as the dayi bought it new. Excellent handling in emergencies, sporty, and safely gotten us from point a to b in a large city. What more can u ask for out of a $14,000 base price car? Reviewed is a Maxda3 Sedan 4 door manual transmission no power locks or windows. KEEP BUILDING CARS THIS RELIABLE SPORTY AND SAFE MAZDA. I LEFT HONDAS F9R THIS AND COULDNT BE HAPPIER. Honda was great in the 90's but have since become equipped with cheaper parts in my opinion. And I think the customer reviews reflect that Maxda3 and 6 are the kings now."

I wish I could take it with me

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"We are moving out of the country and can't take the car with us due to customs rules. Except for the usual wear of parking outside in NYC the car is excellent condition, the interior is mint, never smoked in it and never spilled any coffee or sticky juices in it. We only took it to weekend drives out of the city,I never drove it to work or to run the errands... It was serviced only at the dealer so records are available. There was never an issue or a reason to have it repaired accept for regular scheduled maintenance and twice when some rodent chewed on some electric wire in the engine compartment which was replaced with a new wiring harness (at the dealer). There are some light scratches and bumper marks that didn't come up in the pictures. I really wish I could take the car with me."

Top notch car-no regrets

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "value, dependability,style,build quality,zoom-zoom"

Cons: "in all honesty, none"

"Bought this car a 2007 s grand touring automatic with 22,000 miles on it. Now at around 96,000 it has been great! Plenty of pick up and decent gas mileage, around 28-30 mixed driving. No rattles, everything is tight, interior and exterior look almost like when I first bought it, and of course the handling is superb. With a nice set of snow tires it does well in the winter. I keep this car in my garage and never had even a single drop on oil of the floor and never have to add oil between changes. This car only sees a mechanic when it is inspection time and that is just a formality. I've owned three other Mazda 3 cars and four Proteges, two going over 200k and everyone was top notch, which is why I keep buying them for myself, my wife, and kids. It's a no brainer."

besr car prchase I ever made

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "low maintenance costs, great acceleration"

Cons: "no a/c vents in back"

"I bought it used ( 19k miles) from a Mazda dealer and got four Four year warranty!"

i love my mazda. (zoom zoom)

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "stylish look and affordable."

Cons: "no cons from this happy mazda owner."

"I am very pleased with my mazda 3. overall I am a happy mazda customer. I would definitely recommend."