2014 Mazda MAZDA2 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,237 - $13,920.

10/6.9

8.2

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next

I don't like my car

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage, easy to park"

Cons: "manual transmission is terrible"

"I haven't had a new car in probably 20 years (always bought used) and looked long and hard before I decided on the Mazda2. Overall, the car is nicely designed, quiet, and has good features. I got the touring edition, had a custom electric sunroof installed (by the dealer) and ordered a manual transmission as that is what I've always had and I wanted to be assured it would drive decent in the snow (I gave up my 1999 Jeep Wrangler in flawless condition for this, only because of the bad gas mileage). It gets really good mileage, 36.6 currently and I've had it for 9 months. Why do I hate it? It's almost impossible to drive or balance on a hill. It has to idle at exactly 1000 RPM or it stalls out, and it's very difficult to do that without revving it. As I said, I've driven a manual transmission most of my life and this car is just a nightmare. It's been back and forth to the dealer and they cannot do anything about it. They filed a report with Mazda USA so now I have to just wait until they issue either a fix or recall it. I also drove another manual on the lot the other day and it wasn't quite as bad, but it's silver, not a touring edition, etc. I told the dealer from the first month (thought I just needed to get used to it) that I wasn't happy and they haven't done all that much, other than to bring me in, or suggest I purchase another model, or get an automatic (and trade it in). Very disappointed."

The maintenance cost outweighs any $$ saved on MPG

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "decent gas mileage, fast pickup for 4 cylinders"

Cons: "HIGH maintenance frustrating"

"I have had this car for 2.5 years. In that time I've had 6 flat tires with normal use. Of those 6 flats, 3 of them required buying new tires at $140 per tire. Because they are an odd size tire, there is only one place in Kansas City that carries them. Even the dealer doesn't keep them in stock. I was told they are high performance (read very thin rubber), and because of the odd/narrow size, most flats aren't going to be fixable. Top that off with needing full-synthetic oil making oil changes cost $50-$80 at the BEST... well, the maintenance costs on this vehicle outweighs any good in my opinion!"

What a sarcastic piece of junk!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "It wasa $12 rental."

Cons: "Noisy, vibrates, no OAT gauge."

"I grabbed a Mazda 2 from a rental place in Ft. Myers last week. The engine started and ran well, albeit noisy, and the transmission seemed to take forever to shift up under normal acceleration. I found the seats uncomfortable, and after a short period of time, my lower back began to ache. After getting out on I-75, I wound her up to 70, the published speed limit. The front end immediately began to vibrate, so I had to complete my trip at 65 mpg. Being a black on black car, the A/C system seemed taxed, and I could not locate the outside air temperature gauge. Bummer. For fit, finish, and quality, stick with Toyota."

Not worth the price

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Not reliable, poor quality"

"Bought this car in April 2013 and wish I hadn't. Just had my second experience with snow in this car and it is by far the worst car in snow. EVER. Does not have enough power for hilly areas. I live in Delaware which is flat so it is OK but not good for traveling for this reason. Interior and overall design I have no complaints - You get what you pay for and I am satisied with that portion. It does not feel like a quality car AT ALL. I will be lucky if I get 100,000mi out of it before it crashes. Would not recommend."

I have thoroughly enjoyed this vehicle.

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pros: "Awesome deal. No problems !"

Cons: "No arm rest. Not a fan of the traction control ."

"I said I would never buy a set of payments, a new car, or a foreign one. I did all 3 and don't regret it one bit. Its been a great car. The gas mileage is awesome. The original tires lasted to almost 50k and the front brakes & rotors went beyond that point. It is a pleasure to drive."

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next