2013 Mazda MAZDA2

8.3

Based on 39 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

best small car for the money

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

"good car, great on gas -- only car ever owned that beats epa estimates. interior quality leaves something to be desired. Trim is flimsy and tears easily when removed."

A really fun drive

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "great mpg, very very fun to drive,"

Cons: "wish it had more sync technologies like bluetooth"

"I absolutely ENJOY driving this Mazda. It is the first Mazda I have owned, and it will not be the last. It is a wonderful value, great engine, and a FUN drive! Plus, excellent gas mileage. You will not be disappointed with a Mazda2."

5000+ Mile Update / Review

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good commuter car, Cheap"

Cons: "Automatic transmission, Cargo space"

"I though some folks might appreciate a review / update from someone who's owned this car for a bit. Pros: -Perfect for it's intended use as a single person commuter vehicle, ideally in the city. If that is what you're after. this will do nicely. -Handling is sharp and nimble, good road feel through the steering wheel and pedals. Fun to drive in the city. Cons: -Automatic transmission. In a word, it's sluggish. It feels bogged down when you're pulling out of the driveway, and it feels like it's struggling to keep up at highway speeds. Sweet spot is about 40 mph. After about 3,500mi of driving the noise and vibration from it kicked up noticeably too. Definitely makes me concerned about it's long term reliability. Just get the stick shift and you'll be fine. I wish I did... -Not enough space for tall people It's very close though. I'm 6'1" tall, and I *almost* fit in it with the seat all the way back. My left leg runs out of room though and feels mildly uncomfortable on longer drives. Could use about 2-3 inches more space. If you're over 6 feet tall I would not recommend this car. -4 people + highway speeds not recommended With 4 adults in the car this thing feels overtaxed. I've driven 4 (including myself) on the highway several times and the car just feels like it's straining to maintain speed. The extra weight also makes the handling feel a little twitchy, which is unnerving at that velocity. Road noise levels make normal conversation difficult at highway speeds as well. -Dashboard makes occasional popping sound. I believe this is due to expansion/contraction during hot or cold days. Not terrible, but a little distracting. -Gas mileage is mediocre at best. I've been averaging about 30mpg combined, 60% on the highway. Summary: As I said in the beginning. If you intend to use this as a single person commuter car in the city it'll do just fine. It always feels very nice, even a little sporty at city speeds. If you intend to drive on the highway a lot get the stick shift, it has an extra gear (5 spd) resulting in lower rpms at highway speeds. If you're over 6' tall, don't buy this. If you intend to haul 3 passengers a lot, don't buy this. If cargo room is a concern, I don't think you should probably buy this either. Trunk can barely fit a single full size luggage. I still have fun with this car, but you always have to consider your needs and typical usage when looking at something this tiny. It can be a lot of fun to drive, but there are some definite limits to it's capabilities."

Better than the '09 and '10 Yaris' i've owned

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "it's perfect for what it is."

"An excellent "run around vehicle" and not bad at all on highway trips. 35 mpg on highway and 30 around town."

Lots of Problems

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Economic, Gas Milage, comfort, Safe, Low Price"

Cons: "NOT Dependable, Low Power especially uphill"

"I bought my Mazda 2 in April on 2011 brand new. Within two weeks of me owning it, the seal around me entena leaked water into my car and onto my dash. Since then, I've also been through four fuel pumps, an air pump, and a traction control sensor. Not worth the money at all. The only good things I have to say about it is that it's a safe and economic vehicle, but not dependable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda MAZDA2 near Honolulu. See local deals