2013 Mazda MAZDA2

8.2

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Overall Great Commuter Car

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Great Value, Relaiable, Fun Car"

Cons: "Missing center armrest."

"I purchased this as a second vehicle to use for commuting. Overall it is fun to drive but it will not win any street races. Overall, it is a good value for the price point. I got (and recommend) the touring instead of the Sport model because the options are nice for a reasonable price. One notable thing is it lacks a center arm rest, at first I figured it would be a bother but I have gotten used to it. Another thing to keep in mind is the car requires synthetic oil so it raises maintenance costs. It is a great commuter car and would be a good first car or car for a college student. I have the manual transmission and recommend that over the automatic because it performs better. I have driven manual transmissions for 10 years and this is defiantly one of the more touchy ones, takes some getting used it."

Better than the '09 and '10 Yaris' i've owned

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "it's perfect for what it is."

"An excellent "run around vehicle" and not bad at all on highway trips. 35 mpg on highway and 30 around town."

Best for city life

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Quick steering, small yet has 4 doors"

Cons: "Low power, not good for tall people"

"I love this car. It fits into most parking spaces, even in NYC, and has never given me trouble. The only issue I've had is going out of town - it's weak on the uphill. It's roomy enough for a kid and a dog, but we are also small people. If you have long legs, it will be painful. Overall, I would recommend Mazda2 to anyone who drives in the city or commutes to and from work."

Not worth the price

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Not reliable, poor quality"

"Bought this car in April 2013 and wish I hadn't. Just had my second experience with snow in this car and it is by far the worst car in snow. EVER. Does not have enough power for hilly areas. I live in Delaware which is flat so it is OK but not good for traveling for this reason. Interior and overall design I have no complaints - You get what you pay for and I am satisied with that portion. It does not feel like a quality car AT ALL. I will be lucky if I get 100,000mi out of it before it crashes. Would not recommend."

Brake Issues

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Peppy"

Cons: "Brakes are horrible!"

"My Mazda 2 was originally purchased as a "bargain" choice from a company with a solid reputation for making quality vehicles. However, the Mazda 2 did not have a track record that I could investigate. The car is very sporty and peppy. However, the brakes are a serious issue in this car. Since purchase, I have had this car in to the shop 5 times in the first 30,000 miles for the same issue. The brakes begin to vibrate drastically after about 5000 miles from each repair when stopping at highway speeds. The rotors continue to warp, seems to be inferior quality. They have machined the rotors as well as replaced them completely. The same situation keeps occurring. Now, the vehicle is past it's 36,000 mile warranty, and it appears I will have to continue paying out of my own pocket for additional repairs. Worst set of brakes on a vehicle I have ever had! Beyond that, a great little car ... but brakes are obviously a critical component!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda MAZDA2 near Honolulu. See local deals