• 2014 Compact Cars

2013 Mazda MAZDA2 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,384 - $14,022.

10/7.0

8.0

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

no regrets

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"So far I have no regrets purchasing this vehicle. there are only a few little things to mention. the visors are a little small and don't block out much sun when you need them. the stability gets a little shaky at high speeds, but it's manageable. and there is no center arm rest. overall though it's a great car."

It's what I expect from a Japanese car and Mazda!

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Great for parking,fits toddler in rear comfortably"

Cons: "small fuel capacity not good for long trips"

"Notes about me: - I have owned Japanese-made, American-made, and German-made cars - I prefer to perform maintenance service on my cars, if I can - I like to modify and upgrade my car, if I can --- The Mazda2 is a good car, and it is what I expect from a Japanese-made car and from Mazda. We previously drove a Mini Cooper (2004 and 2012), but as a family with a new baby boy living in San Francisco, California, we wanted a small 4-door car that was still easy to park. While 12 inches longer than the Mini Cooper, the it is still fairly easy to fit smaller parking spaces in San Francisco. Yes, it doesn't have all the perks of a fancier car, but I don't expect that from a $15,000 car. We also considered the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris (4-door), the Ford Fiesta, and the Prius C. Here are some facts about our first year of ownership: - Purchased the Auto Transmission, Touring model new in May 2012 and put on about 5000 miles per year - Did our first oil change ourselves - the placements of the oil filter and drain plug make oil changes a cinch! - Installed the direct-fit Mazda2 Bluetooth hands-free kit ourselves, and it works like a charm - Installed heated seats, and it works great for the cold San Francisco mornings (low to mid 40s) - Purchased a second switch-blade remote off of Ebay and programmed it myself (very easily and cheaply) - I even was able to use the remote trunk release button on the Mazda2 - Rear seats fit our full-sized convertible baby/toddler seat, rear-facing without a problem and still gives me and my wife (5'7") a good amount of room in the front seats - Can fit our Quinny Zapp (tiny!) stroller and two full-sized carry-on suitcases in the trunk with the rear seats upright for passengers! Our MPG on the Auto Transmission is all over the place, but we expect that being in San Francisco "proper" with hills everywhere: * Pure CITY driving can be as low as 20-22mpg (SF city blocks may have stop signs on EVERY block or two, with some city blocks only being about 300ft in length - that's up to 16 stop signs per mile! Also, I try my best to make full, complete stops by the book.) * Mixed driving gives us around 24-27mpg * Pure FREEWAY driving gives us around 31-36mpg, depending on driving speed; It's closer to 31mpg when driving on the sometimes windy I-5 going around 75-85mph and closer to 36mpg when going around 55-65mph NOTE for all Mazda2 owners regarding FUEL CAPACITY: ==> For some reason, Mazda chose to display "0 miles remaining" (we call it "E blinky zero") with around 1.25 gallons remaining in the tank. We don't have a precise number, yet, because we don't want to run out of gas - but we were able to drive 35 miles AFTER the trip meter told us we were "out" of gas with "0 miles remaining" and still were not able to fill up the full 11.3-gallon capacity of the tank. ---- Overall and a year later, we still feel this was the best car for our needs (family with a baby/toddler living in San Francisco)."

3rd Mazda and not my last.

By on Thursday, March 24, 2011

"I puchased my 2011 Mazda2 the week it came available in the US and I absolutely love it. 7 months later and 9,000+ miles already on my 2, it's proven to be a great car. Oil changes can be a bit pricey (around $90.00 including rotating and balancing your tires) since now most of Mazda's 2011 vehicles use 0w-20 full synthetic oil, but given you can drive around 5-6k miles between oil changes, it's helps to even things out a bit. Even with gas prices soaring, I'm still paying around $25.00 or less per fill up which gets me about 210-225 miles (27-31mpg) per tank before I need to fill up again. Even on long trips, the 2 keeps me quite comfortable. I would definitely enjoy a center console but I'm fine without it for now. This is my 3rd Mazda (96' Protege, 05' Mazda3 & 11' Mazda2), and it certainly won't be my last. Zoom-Zoom :)"

Zoom zoom with a few quirks

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great MPG, feels solid"

Cons: "Garment hooks? Mist option for the rear wiper?"

Lil Red Sled

"Traded my Fit Sport AT for the Mazda 2 because I live in the mountains and was tired of the Fit downshifting seemingly at will; also had some customer service issues with Honda that never got resolved, so I switched brands. The M2 is much more fun to drive than the Fit was, and is getting slightly better gas mileage. Two minor complaints about the Mazda: where are the garment hooks (this is, after all, a four door car, and it would be nice to be able to hang one's clothes)?, and why can't I swipe the back glass just once like I can the windshield? Pretty minor stuff. Had the opportunity recently to drive the M2 in the snow, and it is a great little snow car."

Lil Red Sled

Best value super compact car on the road.

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great price for what you get"

Cons: "Price"

"WE did a lot of shopping for the economy car and when we found the 2 we knew it was the right one for us. The only problem is that it doesn't get 40mpg like we had hoped, the sticker is correct, and for just a couple thousand more we could have gotten a 3 with close to the same gas millage. Had we really thought about our options, we would have bought another Mazda3 as we already owned one and LOVE it. We still love our 2 though."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25