2012 Mazda MAZDA2

8.4

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Great Car for the Price

By on Monday, March 21, 2016

Pros: "Mazda's Zoom Zoom Technology"

"I currently own this vehicle and it is a fun and joy to drive around. The maintenance is very inexpensive when compared to other vehicles and for a compact car it zips around. This is the second Mazda I have owned I highly recommend the brand."

Keeps running great, over 40 mpg on trips.

By on Monday, January 4, 2016

Pros: "Fun and economical to drive."

Cons: "Not as pretty as my Vette!"

"I always wanted a Corvette and a Mazda. Owned the 1996 Corvette, it was beautiful and ate my lunch besides increasing my stress level. The Mazda is maintenance-free except for state inspections and normal wear and tear and service items. That's it. One almost expects it to be totally free of failure forever. I love to drive it and the better than 40 mpg on trips is a real plus. Shifts through manual gears effortlessly. Quick as a rabbit when you have to get up to speed for any reason. Is great in the snow. A little noisy (wind), not air ride suspension, and a broken "cover" for the cigar lighter."

best small car for the money

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

"good car, great on gas -- only car ever owned that beats epa estimates. interior quality leaves something to be desired. Trim is flimsy and tears easily when removed."

A really fun drive

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "great mpg, very very fun to drive,"

Cons: "wish it had more sync technologies like bluetooth"

"I absolutely ENJOY driving this Mazda. It is the first Mazda I have owned, and it will not be the last. It is a wonderful value, great engine, and a FUN drive! Plus, excellent gas mileage. You will not be disappointed with a Mazda2."

I have thoroughly enjoyed this vehicle.

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pros: "Awesome deal. No problems !"

Cons: "No arm rest. Not a fan of the traction control ."

"I said I would never buy a set of payments, a new car, or a foreign one. I did all 3 and don't regret it one bit. Its been a great car. The gas mileage is awesome. The original tires lasted to almost 50k and the front brakes & rotors went beyond that point. It is a pleasure to drive."

5000+ Mile Update / Review

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good commuter car, Cheap"

Cons: "Automatic transmission, Cargo space"

"I though some folks might appreciate a review / update from someone who's owned this car for a bit. Pros: -Perfect for it's intended use as a single person commuter vehicle, ideally in the city. If that is what you're after. this will do nicely. -Handling is sharp and nimble, good road feel through the steering wheel and pedals. Fun to drive in the city. Cons: -Automatic transmission. In a word, it's sluggish. It feels bogged down when you're pulling out of the driveway, and it feels like it's struggling to keep up at highway speeds. Sweet spot is about 40 mph. After about 3,500mi of driving the noise and vibration from it kicked up noticeably too. Definitely makes me concerned about it's long term reliability. Just get the stick shift and you'll be fine. I wish I did... -Not enough space for tall people It's very close though. I'm 6'1" tall, and I *almost* fit in it with the seat all the way back. My left leg runs out of room though and feels mildly uncomfortable on longer drives. Could use about 2-3 inches more space. If you're over 6 feet tall I would not recommend this car. -4 people + highway speeds not recommended With 4 adults in the car this thing feels overtaxed. I've driven 4 (including myself) on the highway several times and the car just feels like it's straining to maintain speed. The extra weight also makes the handling feel a little twitchy, which is unnerving at that velocity. Road noise levels make normal conversation difficult at highway speeds as well. -Dashboard makes occasional popping sound. I believe this is due to expansion/contraction during hot or cold days. Not terrible, but a little distracting. -Gas mileage is mediocre at best. I've been averaging about 30mpg combined, 60% on the highway. Summary: As I said in the beginning. If you intend to use this as a single person commuter car in the city it'll do just fine. It always feels very nice, even a little sporty at city speeds. If you intend to drive on the highway a lot get the stick shift, it has an extra gear (5 spd) resulting in lower rpms at highway speeds. If you're over 6' tall, don't buy this. If you intend to haul 3 passengers a lot, don't buy this. If cargo room is a concern, I don't think you should probably buy this either. Trunk can barely fit a single full size luggage. I still have fun with this car, but you always have to consider your needs and typical usage when looking at something this tiny. It can be a lot of fun to drive, but there are some definite limits to it's capabilities."

Better than the '09 and '10 Yaris' i've owned

By on Saturday, May 3, 2014

Pros: "it's perfect for what it is."

"An excellent "run around vehicle" and not bad at all on highway trips. 35 mpg on highway and 30 around town."

Lots of Problems

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Economic, Gas Milage, comfort, Safe, Low Price"

Cons: "NOT Dependable, Low Power especially uphill"

"I bought my Mazda 2 in April on 2011 brand new. Within two weeks of me owning it, the seal around me entena leaked water into my car and onto my dash. Since then, I've also been through four fuel pumps, an air pump, and a traction control sensor. Not worth the money at all. The only good things I have to say about it is that it's a safe and economic vehicle, but not dependable."

Best for city life

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Quick steering, small yet has 4 doors"

Cons: "Low power, not good for tall people"

"I love this car. It fits into most parking spaces, even in NYC, and has never given me trouble. The only issue I've had is going out of town - it's weak on the uphill. It's roomy enough for a kid and a dog, but we are also small people. If you have long legs, it will be painful. Overall, I would recommend Mazda2 to anyone who drives in the city or commutes to and from work."

great car

By on Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Bought 1 month ago, love its style,and 35-40 mpg. Rides and drives great."

Great little car

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Very Fun to drive at a wonderful price."

Cons: "needs blind spot warnings and arm rests in front s"

"I LOVE this car. The turning radius is wonderful, parking is a cinch, and it's a simple car with all the automatic features I require, such as auto door locks, etc."

I don't like my car

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage, easy to park"

Cons: "manual transmission is terrible"

"I haven't had a new car in probably 20 years (always bought used) and looked long and hard before I decided on the Mazda2. Overall, the car is nicely designed, quiet, and has good features. I got the touring edition, had a custom electric sunroof installed (by the dealer) and ordered a manual transmission as that is what I've always had and I wanted to be assured it would drive decent in the snow (I gave up my 1999 Jeep Wrangler in flawless condition for this, only because of the bad gas mileage). It gets really good mileage, 36.6 currently and I've had it for 9 months. Why do I hate it? It's almost impossible to drive or balance on a hill. It has to idle at exactly 1000 RPM or it stalls out, and it's very difficult to do that without revving it. As I said, I've driven a manual transmission most of my life and this car is just a nightmare. It's been back and forth to the dealer and they cannot do anything about it. They filed a report with Mazda USA so now I have to just wait until they issue either a fix or recall it. I also drove another manual on the lot the other day and it wasn't quite as bad, but it's silver, not a touring edition, etc. I told the dealer from the first month (thought I just needed to get used to it) that I wasn't happy and they haven't done all that much, other than to bring me in, or suggest I purchase another model, or get an automatic (and trade it in). Very disappointed."

Great value for the money

By on Sunday, March 20, 2016

Pros: "purchase and maintenance costs"

Cons: "small gas tank, overdrive auto transmission"

"It's not a luxury car. It's not a sports car. It's a comfortable, fun to drive, reliable car. It's easy on the wallet--- to purchase, drive and maintain. The gas tank, at 11+ gallons capacity, is a bit small. A true, 5 speed auto transmission would be a big improvement."

The maintenance cost outweighs any $$ saved on MPG

By on Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pros: "decent gas mileage, fast pickup for 4 cylinders"

Cons: "HIGH maintenance frustrating"

"I have had this car for 2.5 years. In that time I've had 6 flat tires with normal use. Of those 6 flats, 3 of them required buying new tires at $140 per tire. Because they are an odd size tire, there is only one place in Kansas City that carries them. Even the dealer doesn't keep them in stock. I was told they are high performance (read very thin rubber), and because of the odd/narrow size, most flats aren't going to be fixable. Top that off with needing full-synthetic oil making oil changes cost $50-$80 at the BEST... well, the maintenance costs on this vehicle outweighs any good in my opinion!"

What a sarcastic piece of junk!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "It wasa $12 rental."

Cons: "Noisy, vibrates, no OAT gauge."

"I grabbed a Mazda 2 from a rental place in Ft. Myers last week. The engine started and ran well, albeit noisy, and the transmission seemed to take forever to shift up under normal acceleration. I found the seats uncomfortable, and after a short period of time, my lower back began to ache. After getting out on I-75, I wound her up to 70, the published speed limit. The front end immediately began to vibrate, so I had to complete my trip at 65 mpg. Being a black on black car, the A/C system seemed taxed, and I could not locate the outside air temperature gauge. Bummer. For fit, finish, and quality, stick with Toyota."

Not worth the price

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Not reliable, poor quality"

"Bought this car in April 2013 and wish I hadn't. Just had my second experience with snow in this car and it is by far the worst car in snow. EVER. Does not have enough power for hilly areas. I live in Delaware which is flat so it is OK but not good for traveling for this reason. Interior and overall design I have no complaints - You get what you pay for and I am satisied with that portion. It does not feel like a quality car AT ALL. I will be lucky if I get 100,000mi out of it before it crashes. Would not recommend."

So fun!

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "Fantastic handling, economical, reliable"

Cons: "Small gas tank, low hp"

"There are a lot of things I like about this little guy, the best thing about this car is absolutely its handling, the steering is so responsive, an absolute delight to drive on curvy roads. It is economical, easy to park and maintain. Sure it could use more hp and a bigger gas tank, but it is still great value for the money."

Can't beat the price of the car

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Size, fun to drive"

Cons: "Needs a bigger gas tank"

"Love the size of the car. Work in San Francisco and love the way it fits into small parking spot. No problem so far. Only one neg. the automatic tran is a bit rough in stop and go traffic"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda MAZDA2 near Honolulu. See local deals