2012 Mazda MAZDA2

8.2

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

What a sarcastic piece of junk!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "It wasa $12 rental."

Cons: "Noisy, vibrates, no OAT gauge."

"I grabbed a Mazda 2 from a rental place in Ft. Myers last week. The engine started and ran well, albeit noisy, and the transmission seemed to take forever to shift up under normal acceleration. I found the seats uncomfortable, and after a short period of time, my lower back began to ache. After getting out on I-75, I wound her up to 70, the published speed limit. The front end immediately began to vibrate, so I had to complete my trip at 65 mpg. Being a black on black car, the A/C system seemed taxed, and I could not locate the outside air temperature gauge. Bummer. For fit, finish, and quality, stick with Toyota."

Automatic transmission VERY laggy

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Fit & finish, ride & handling, braking, electrical"

Cons: "Laggy AND gutless in auto tranny version"

"There's a terrible lag between pressing on the accelerator pedal and when it actually moves. It's dangerous turning left across traffic. You try to ease on the gas and it just wont cooperate. I used to race motocross and this hits like an old 2-stroke dirtbike. At first it does almost nothing when you step on the gas. Then it moves a little. So you keep depressing the gas pedal and nothing happens until... it HITS and over-revs. But it's so underpowered it just makes a lot of over-rev noise before it finally lunges ahead. MPG is 28 mixed. All else with the rig is great."

Reliable, fun to drive, and easy to handle.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and handles well. Turns on a dime."

"This is the third Mazda I've owned. The reason I keep going back for more? Reliability. I live in the mountains off a dirt road. The drive into town and back is over 100 miles and the highway to and from is busy. I require a car that starts up each and every time. After all, who's going to come out to start my car when I live so far out and I sure don't want to be stranded in town."

Nice Cheap Transportation

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Looks good, good MPG, cheap to own"

Cons: "Does not pass cars well"

"This is the third Mazda I have owned. The other two were the Mazdaspeed 3, and a 1990 truck (back when Mazda built them). I have been really satisfied with all three vehicles. Mazda does a good job with their steering and handling. The Mazda 2 has the same great handling and steering (for a car priced this cheap). It does not have great acceleration as it only has a 1.5 liter engine. I have driven it over the mountains here in California and had no issues whatsoever being able to keep up with traffic. My average MPG is 32. When I drive to the coast I get about 37 MPG since the speed limit is 55 almost the entire way. The cruise cotnrol works well in this vehicle also. Sound system is not bad, I get good bass from speakers. I really like the looks both inside and out as well."

Can't beat the price of the car

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Size, fun to drive"

Cons: "Needs a bigger gas tank"

"Love the size of the car. Work in San Francisco and love the way it fits into small parking spot. No problem so far. Only one neg. the automatic tran is a bit rough in stop and go traffic"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda MAZDA2 near Honolulu. See local deals