2012 Mazda MAZDA2

8.2

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

I don't like my car

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage, easy to park"

Cons: "manual transmission is terrible"

"I haven't had a new car in probably 20 years (always bought used) and looked long and hard before I decided on the Mazda2. Overall, the car is nicely designed, quiet, and has good features. I got the touring edition, had a custom electric sunroof installed (by the dealer) and ordered a manual transmission as that is what I've always had and I wanted to be assured it would drive decent in the snow (I gave up my 1999 Jeep Wrangler in flawless condition for this, only because of the bad gas mileage). It gets really good mileage, 36.6 currently and I've had it for 9 months. Why do I hate it? It's almost impossible to drive or balance on a hill. It has to idle at exactly 1000 RPM or it stalls out, and it's very difficult to do that without revving it. As I said, I've driven a manual transmission most of my life and this car is just a nightmare. It's been back and forth to the dealer and they cannot do anything about it. They filed a report with Mazda USA so now I have to just wait until they issue either a fix or recall it. I also drove another manual on the lot the other day and it wasn't quite as bad, but it's silver, not a touring edition, etc. I told the dealer from the first month (thought I just needed to get used to it) that I wasn't happy and they haven't done all that much, other than to bring me in, or suggest I purchase another model, or get an automatic (and trade it in). Very disappointed."

Bought it. Love it.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Peppy and fun to drive - a great value."

Cons: "Center armrest should come standard."

"Traded in a MB 230K and have no regrets. Lotsa pep and looks great. Makes parking a breeze! Close to 30 MPG mixed city / highway."

Nice reliable car

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "price, fun to drive, reliability, safety, ride"

Cons: "center shifting cnsole hurts my leg on long trips."

my 11 mazda2

"I have been driving the heck out of my new Mazda2. I bought it in Feb 2011 and already have 24000 on it. I use it for work and sometimes drive long distances."

my 11 mazda2

great car

By on Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Bought 1 month ago, love its style,and 35-40 mpg. Rides and drives great."

Great Value and Fun to Drive

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"Let me be critical. It doesn't have a lot of HP. There is no arm rest unless you buy it as an accessory. The visors are small. Tall people may be less comfortable. That being said, the value you get from this car is great! Compared to other competitors like the Honda Fit, Nissan Versa and Ford Fiesta, you get a better value for your money. Considering what the Mazda2 has to offer, it may look minimalist at first. But if you start to compare it to these other models, it has a lot where it counts and not just bells and whistles. To match the Mazda2, the other cars have to have package upgrades that raise the price significantly, taking most to the 19K-20K price range. The only one that beats it for price may be the Toyota Yaris? But that's not really a good comparison in my opinion. A pro review I read stated that for a first run product on the American market, it came with a very mature build. I have to agree with that statement whole-heartedly. Check the websites and compare for yourself. I shaved $75 on car payments and $40 at the pump every fill-up. Now all that is left is the fun! Driving this manual transmission is very easy! It shifts easy! You don't have to force it! It is Mazda shifting for sure. They didn't slack off on the quality just to make a subcompact B car affordable. The steering is nice and tight! Handles very well! The interior is unique and sporty. The sound system is very adequate. When you back that up with the Mazda reputation it adds more value to the vehicle."

Best Compact car

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"This car is great on MPG, it feels realy nice driving it, mines is a manual and is really fun to drive...., it does not have too much horse power(100) but it feels faster that what you think, and all because mazda made this car so lightweight..... love this car. Also not only on the outside but this car is the best interior I have ever seen comparing to other compact cars(yaris, Chevrolet aveo, Nissan versa, Honda fit, ford fiesta) and for the price, it is so cheap comparing the others."

3rd Mazda and not my last.

By on Thursday, March 24, 2011

"I puchased my 2011 Mazda2 the week it came available in the US and I absolutely love it. 7 months later and 9,000+ miles already on my 2, it's proven to be a great car. Oil changes can be a bit pricey (around $90.00 including rotating and balancing your tires) since now most of Mazda's 2011 vehicles use 0w-20 full synthetic oil, but given you can drive around 5-6k miles between oil changes, it's helps to even things out a bit. Even with gas prices soaring, I'm still paying around $25.00 or less per fill up which gets me about 210-225 miles (27-31mpg) per tank before I need to fill up again. Even on long trips, the 2 keeps me quite comfortable. I would definitely enjoy a center console but I'm fine without it for now. This is my 3rd Mazda (96' Protege, 05' Mazda3 & 11' Mazda2), and it certainly won't be my last. Zoom-Zoom :)"

Wonderful little car!!!

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"I have had my Mazda2 for a little over 2 months now and I absolutely love it!! I get so many compliments on how it looks and people just stop and stare. It was a great value for all the standard equipment you get. I could not find a small compact new car for under $18K until I came across the Mazda2. I feel like I got all the bells and whistles for a very reasonable price of a little over $14,500. I am a happy girl! :)"

no regrets

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"So far I have no regrets purchasing this vehicle. there are only a few little things to mention. the visors are a little small and don't block out much sun when you need them. the stability gets a little shaky at high speeds, but it's manageable. and there is no center arm rest. overall though it's a great car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda MAZDA2 near Honolulu. See local deals