2011 Mazda MAZDA2

8.3

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Brake Issues

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Peppy"

Cons: "Brakes are horrible!"

"My Mazda 2 was originally purchased as a "bargain" choice from a company with a solid reputation for making quality vehicles. However, the Mazda 2 did not have a track record that I could investigate. The car is very sporty and peppy. However, the brakes are a serious issue in this car. Since purchase, I have had this car in to the shop 5 times in the first 30,000 miles for the same issue. The brakes begin to vibrate drastically after about 5000 miles from each repair when stopping at highway speeds. The rotors continue to warp, seems to be inferior quality. They have machined the rotors as well as replaced them completely. The same situation keeps occurring. Now, the vehicle is past it's 36,000 mile warranty, and it appears I will have to continue paying out of my own pocket for additional repairs. Worst set of brakes on a vehicle I have ever had! Beyond that, a great little car ... but brakes are obviously a critical component!"

Reliable, fun to drive, and easy to handle.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and handles well. Turns on a dime."

"This is the third Mazda I've owned. The reason I keep going back for more? Reliability. I live in the mountains off a dirt road. The drive into town and back is over 100 miles and the highway to and from is busy. I require a car that starts up each and every time. After all, who's going to come out to start my car when I live so far out and I sure don't want to be stranded in town."

Nice Cheap Transportation

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Looks good, good MPG, cheap to own"

Cons: "Does not pass cars well"

"This is the third Mazda I have owned. The other two were the Mazdaspeed 3, and a 1990 truck (back when Mazda built them). I have been really satisfied with all three vehicles. Mazda does a good job with their steering and handling. The Mazda 2 has the same great handling and steering (for a car priced this cheap). It does not have great acceleration as it only has a 1.5 liter engine. I have driven it over the mountains here in California and had no issues whatsoever being able to keep up with traffic. My average MPG is 32. When I drive to the coast I get about 37 MPG since the speed limit is 55 almost the entire way. The cruise cotnrol works well in this vehicle also. Sound system is not bad, I get good bass from speakers. I really like the looks both inside and out as well."

Good small car, but has design flaw

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Good price, smooth drive"

Cons: "no console, windows fog easily"

"I love this car it's small but not tiny. And it gives me good gas mileage and has some nice comforts. The down side is no center console, and because of the interior design I find that in this car it fogs up easily. I must keep defroster on at all times."

Not bad for the price.

By on Monday, July 06, 2015

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, absolute joy"

Cons: "Could use a Center consul, more horsepower"

"I bought this car 3 months ago. Had 26 miles on it. Now almost 7k. Did great on a long trip to Florida from New York. Had to buy seat cushions. After about an hour your butt will be numb. Great size for a single person. Had a car seat in the back the past few days and had to have the driver seat all the up. My Mazda 2 came with Bluetooth. It doesn't always read my iPhone as a phone. Most of the time it will start playing music when I push the answer key. Doesn't like hills. I have the 5 speed manual transmission Pros. Great on gas. Almost 40mpg. Small tank. 11.3 gal. Cost about $25 to fill. Drives great. Great value. Over all a great car. Really fun to drive. Cons. No leg room in back. Trunk is very small. Doesn't like hills. For singles or 2 adults or teenagers. Only 100 hp $20 oil changes are no longer. uses OW-30 full synthetic motor oil. Mazda charged me about $77 for oil change and tire rotation that's after $20 off first service. If you are the only one in this car is will be great."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda MAZDA2 near Honolulu. See local deals