• 2014 Compact Cars

2011 Mazda MAZDA2

8.0

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best for city life

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Quick steering, small yet has 4 doors"

Cons: "Low power, not good for tall people"

"I love this car. It fits into most parking spaces, even in NYC, and has never given me trouble. The only issue I've had is going out of town - it's weak on the uphill. It's roomy enough for a kid and a dog, but we are also small people. If you have long legs, it will be painful. Overall, I would recommend Mazda2 to anyone who drives in the city or commutes to and from work."

Not worth the price

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Not reliable, poor quality"

"Bought this car in April 2013 and wish I hadn't. Just had my second experience with snow in this car and it is by far the worst car in snow. EVER. Does not have enough power for hilly areas. I live in Delaware which is flat so it is OK but not good for traveling for this reason. Interior and overall design I have no complaints - You get what you pay for and I am satisied with that portion. It does not feel like a quality car AT ALL. I will be lucky if I get 100,000mi out of it before it crashes. Would not recommend."

Brake Issues

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Peppy"

Cons: "Brakes are horrible!"

"My Mazda 2 was originally purchased as a "bargain" choice from a company with a solid reputation for making quality vehicles. However, the Mazda 2 did not have a track record that I could investigate. The car is very sporty and peppy. However, the brakes are a serious issue in this car. Since purchase, I have had this car in to the shop 5 times in the first 30,000 miles for the same issue. The brakes begin to vibrate drastically after about 5000 miles from each repair when stopping at highway speeds. The rotors continue to warp, seems to be inferior quality. They have machined the rotors as well as replaced them completely. The same situation keeps occurring. Now, the vehicle is past it's 36,000 mile warranty, and it appears I will have to continue paying out of my own pocket for additional repairs. Worst set of brakes on a vehicle I have ever had! Beyond that, a great little car ... but brakes are obviously a critical component!"

The maintenance cost outweighs any $$ saved on MPG

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "decent gas mileage, fast pickup for 4 cylinders"

Cons: "HIGH maintenance frustrating"

"I have had this car for 2.5 years. In that time I've had 6 flat tires with normal use. Of those 6 flats, 3 of them required buying new tires at $140 per tire. Because they are an odd size tire, there is only one place in Kansas City that carries them. Even the dealer doesn't keep them in stock. I was told they are high performance (read very thin rubber), and because of the odd/narrow size, most flats aren't going to be fixable. Top that off with needing full-synthetic oil making oil changes cost $50-$80 at the BEST... well, the maintenance costs on this vehicle outweighs any good in my opinion!"

What a sarcastic piece of junk!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "It wasa $12 rental."

Cons: "Noisy, vibrates, no OAT gauge."

"I grabbed a Mazda 2 from a rental place in Ft. Myers last week. The engine started and ran well, albeit noisy, and the transmission seemed to take forever to shift up under normal acceleration. I found the seats uncomfortable, and after a short period of time, my lower back began to ache. After getting out on I-75, I wound her up to 70, the published speed limit. The front end immediately began to vibrate, so I had to complete my trip at 65 mpg. Being a black on black car, the A/C system seemed taxed, and I could not locate the outside air temperature gauge. Bummer. For fit, finish, and quality, stick with Toyota."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda MAZDA2 near Honolulu. See local deals