2014 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,642 - $29,925.

10/6.9

Based on 259 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Best minivan alternative for those with 2 kids.

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Asian Transmission, reliability, quality"

Cons: "Upgrade to better rotors is a must."

"My CX-9 is a FWD 2008, Grand Touring with every option possible. The only difference in the 2011/2012 from the 08/09 is an updated fob, new front bumper with redesigned fog lights, different wheels, and a couple changes to the interior. Interior changes are: softer leather, some button re-arrangement on the steering wheel and center console. It now has traffic alerts on the Nav as well as streaming stereo bluetooth for those who buy the GT. The rear center console has buttons for the air controls rather than knobs. The only problems I have had with my 2008 with 40k miles are the following: Fan/Blower motor relay went bad, a 10 dollar part. Replaced the front rotors and pads. The CX-9 tends to go through brakes faster than most vehicles because the rotors are a bit smaller than they should be. To counteract this, you can buy aftermarket cross drilled and slotted rotors which dissapate heat better. The CX-9 drives like a sports car, with the exception that you can feel its 4,000 lb weight going around corners, but it still handles way better than any other 3 row crossover. The 6 speed transmission with autostick is shared by the V6 Lexus suv's and the VW Toureg. It is an Asian/Japanese transmission, and is nearly indestructable. It is only rated for 3500 lbs of towing, but this is a plus because that means it is not built with bricks, and does not weigh anything close to the Buick Enclave. My wife and I love our CX-9. It is very reliable, it is fast, drives very very well, GT has 20 inch wheels with 50 profile tires, so if you dont like a very firm ride, then dont get the GT. With the great engine, transmission, bucket seats, nav, moonroof, Bose 9 1 (sub) sound system, power liftgate, performance handling, leather, HID headlamps, and you can easily negotiate one for 34-36,000 new, there is just nothing out there that compares for that price. I got mine used, in near new, perfect condition, no scratches on wheels. 32k miles, like new inside and out, for 23k in Feb. 2011 and it was sold to the original customer in October, 2008, and sat at the VW dealer during winter of 2010/2011 so it was actually only driven for 2 years. If you look hard you can get a really good deal on a used one. I cannot recommend the CX-9 high enough. I come from a VW background, and got really tired of all the maintenance problems. I am very satisfied with my Mazda. Its a little slice of Heaven. The reason I say it is good for 2 kids is because you have to slide the 2nd row seat(s) forward to access the 3rd row, so if you have one rearfacing child seat, then you cant really slide that seat foward much. If you have forward facing childseats, then there is ok room to access the 3rd row. I am 240 lbs 6 foot 1 and can comfortably sit in the 3rd row with adults in the 2nd row. It really is not bad. However, if you use the 3rd row, there is not much room for cargo behind the 3rd row. Great SUV."

Simpley Awesome... GO FOR IT!!

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "Sporty drive and handling, stunning looks, elegant interiors with lots of features"

Cons: "Less storage."

"Looks much more expensive and higher end for its price. Sleek interiors and ergonomically, the best in its class. Pilot,highlander,nissan,ford,chevy, doesn't even come close I have AWD GT and it has lot of features you'd admire. The best I like is Blind-spot monitoring. Interior mood lighting and lighting on the dials is an instant sell. 3rd row spacing and access is convenient for adults too. Drive quality is awesome, very sporty, and the handling on curves, snow is top notch. Only downside is it has less storage especially with 3rd row seat up. And that you cannot get a DVD player and sunroof together. MPG is ok and comparable to its competitors. Apart from that a solid car at affordable price. Mine is copper red color with 20" alloys which stands out in any parking lot.. just love that feeling. It is good for family with kids which you can also drive to work in some style."

Great Car!!

By on Monday, May 23, 2011

"We bought our 2010 CX9 in August of 2010. We had a Dodge bighorn 1500 that we traded in and gas was killing us!! I definitely wanted something with 3rd row seats but did not want a minivan. We had test drove a 2010 Dodge Journey and were leaning toward that until we drove by a Mazda dealer on accident and decided to stop. I am so happy we did!! The price is very comparable to the Dodge Journey but the quality is so much better. The Journey had little creaks and an ok ride and seemed very unstable if you had to swerve fast. The CX9 was like driving in a cloud compared to the Journey. It is very stable, gas mileage is great, and really has the get-up-and-go when you need it. I have storage when I need it and the extra seating. It is wonderful. We are all ready talking about upgrading to the Grand Touring next time!"

super car

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"I am a 50 year old male have had a few cars in my time the cx-9 is by far the best auto I have ever own, drives and performs great. My spouse and I lease the car and we were hook could only buy the car cause we like it so well. The only down fall was we started hearing wind noise."

By on Sunday, June 08, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for a little over a year and love it. However, we have had a problem with they keyless system. The key doesn't work at times, even if you take it out and put the actual key in the ignition, it will remain locked. This happened last summer on vacation 2000 miles away from home. It happened several other times and the dealer just doesn't care at all. Says there is nothing they can do and they have never heard of it happening. That makes me not want to buy another mazda and this is my 4th mazda"