2014 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,035 - $28,325.

10/6.9

Based on 265 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Best minivan alternative for those with 2 kids.

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Asian Transmission, reliability, quality"

Cons: "Upgrade to better rotors is a must."

"My CX-9 is a FWD 2008, Grand Touring with every option possible. The only difference in the 2011/2012 from the 08/09 is an updated fob, new front bumper with redesigned fog lights, different wheels, and a couple changes to the interior. Interior changes are: softer leather, some button re-arrangement on the steering wheel and center console. It now has traffic alerts on the Nav as well as streaming stereo bluetooth for those who buy the GT. The rear center console has buttons for the air controls rather than knobs. The only problems I have had with my 2008 with 40k miles are the following: Fan/Blower motor relay went bad, a 10 dollar part. Replaced the front rotors and pads. The CX-9 tends to go through brakes faster than most vehicles because the rotors are a bit smaller than they should be. To counteract this, you can buy aftermarket cross drilled and slotted rotors which dissapate heat better. The CX-9 drives like a sports car, with the exception that you can feel its 4,000 lb weight going around corners, but it still handles way better than any other 3 row crossover. The 6 speed transmission with autostick is shared by the V6 Lexus suv's and the VW Toureg. It is an Asian/Japanese transmission, and is nearly indestructable. It is only rated for 3500 lbs of towing, but this is a plus because that means it is not built with bricks, and does not weigh anything close to the Buick Enclave. My wife and I love our CX-9. It is very reliable, it is fast, drives very very well, GT has 20 inch wheels with 50 profile tires, so if you dont like a very firm ride, then dont get the GT. With the great engine, transmission, bucket seats, nav, moonroof, Bose 9 1 (sub) sound system, power liftgate, performance handling, leather, HID headlamps, and you can easily negotiate one for 34-36,000 new, there is just nothing out there that compares for that price. I got mine used, in near new, perfect condition, no scratches on wheels. 32k miles, like new inside and out, for 23k in Feb. 2011 and it was sold to the original customer in October, 2008, and sat at the VW dealer during winter of 2010/2011 so it was actually only driven for 2 years. If you look hard you can get a really good deal on a used one. I cannot recommend the CX-9 high enough. I come from a VW background, and got really tired of all the maintenance problems. I am very satisfied with my Mazda. Its a little slice of Heaven. The reason I say it is good for 2 kids is because you have to slide the 2nd row seat(s) forward to access the 3rd row, so if you have one rearfacing child seat, then you cant really slide that seat foward much. If you have forward facing childseats, then there is ok room to access the 3rd row. I am 240 lbs 6 foot 1 and can comfortably sit in the 3rd row with adults in the 2nd row. It really is not bad. However, if you use the 3rd row, there is not much room for cargo behind the 3rd row. Great SUV."

super car

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"I am a 50 year old male have had a few cars in my time the cx-9 is by far the best auto I have ever own, drives and performs great. My spouse and I lease the car and we were hook could only buy the car cause we like it so well. The only down fall was we started hearing wind noise."

Best AWD ever

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "mileage, driveability, great in snow."

Cons: "A little more storage in center console"

"Had Chevy Suburban, Toyota Sequoia and Honda Pilot. Never needed the off road of Chevy or Toyota. New Honda has been so cheapened. Mostly highway from Boston to ski resort in Maine every weekend in winter. Absolute must in snow territory. Excellent in snow or wet conditions. My mileage is great. Consistent 23-24 mpg on highway 70 mph. Around town it's 18 mpg. I calculate actual miles and then gallons used. The mpg on the dash is always 2 mpg lower than my calculation.Anyway it's quiet, fun to drive and a good value. 2 friends who tested mine bought a new one."

LOVE IT ZOOM ZOOM

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "comfort, style, leather interior, quiet, fun"

Cons: "Can't find any."

"Bought new in 2008 after my 2004 6 sport(still own it) was paid off. LOVE this SUV. Normal maintenance and oil changes done. Never broken down, never left on the side of the road. Rear shock just failed today. After the repair I still smiled when I got back in and drove home. Normal repair and on other cars I have had that happen at 50,000 miles. This car rides like a sports sedan. My neighbor with his Explorer can't believe this is 6 years old. Thinking of trading and then keep saying WHY? Those that complain about mileage just realize it's an SUV (AWD) even though it feels like a smaller car. I press the peddle (big one on the right) and know I can beat most anything out there. Can Ford, GM or Chrysler say NO RECALLS. Between my 2004 and 2008 never a recall! Mazda, I will be back but it might be a while!"

Absolute best in drive and comfort!

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Great design, interior flexibilty, and drive!"

Cons: "None so far"

"I traded in my 2002 Mazda 626 for the 2013 CX-9. After test driving an Explorer and a Pathfinder, we took the CX-9 for a spin. There simply is no comparison. While the Pathfinder has more length (and therefore slightly more third seat room), the CX-9 felt luxurious in comparison. The interior is beautiful and functional- not to mention the most comfortable we tested. It drives smooth, quiet, and powerful. The typical Mazda "zoom" is apparent even in their largest vehicle while driving as though it were a sedan, hugging curves and parking with ease. I love that the middle row slides to allow for comfort. The interior design is sleek and very inviting. We got lucky and ended up purchasing a Demo vehicle, which allowed us to afford the Grand Touring. The Bose stereo is amazing! Even the kids are impressed. I drove my first Mazda for 11 years and I can definitely see myself in this one for another 11 !"