2014 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,697 - $28,692.

10/6.9

Based on 258 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Good handling, Good Performance

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "couuld have more cupholders. center console compac"

"After 1200 mile trip very comfortable, drove well gas milage could be better got 20mpg to 22mpg depending on speed under 70mph gets best milage. Vehicle still gets looks and compliments. very well made."

It's a wonderful automobile.

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "All around great car."

Cons: "Maybe a little better gas mileage"

"Seating is good, leg room is good, steering wheel controls, hands free Bluetooth, comfort driving. All around good."

I will never own anything else!

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Interior, exterior, handling, passenger capacity"

Cons: "Nothing"

"It took me awhile to settle on what car I wanted and when I finally settled on a Mazda CX9 I was all in. How smart of me! This is a great car inside and out. I have always driven sporty cars and with four children I wanted something practical but still made me feel young (honestly speaking here). It is fun to drive, handles extremely well in all weather conditions and feels like you are driving in a luxury car. The driving comfort is top notch. When my present car comes to the end of its life somewhere down the road I will undoubtedly buy another one. Just a great car!"

I absolutely love this car!

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive and feels sporty"

"I have owned a 2007 and now drive a 2013 Grand Touring. This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. It is luxurious and handles extremely well. I don't feel like I am driving a mommy mobile yet I have the room of one. This car is comfortable to drive and controls are easy to access and operate. It has great power and feels very solid. Have never had any mechanical issues and my 2007 had 90,000 miles on it when I traded it in. Would buy another one in a heartbeat!"

Great vehicle, reliable, comfortable.

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"Very sharp looking Silver machine. All creature comforts without the GPS, no big deal. Otherwise is comfortable, reliable and spacious. For kids, dogs, shopping bags etc. Highly recommend it."

Very Pleased!

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

"I was looking for an upgrade and I have always had my eye on the cx9. Im always looking at cars for sale to see if a steal comes around and last week I found a cx9 Grand Touring loaded with all the options for $15,500k that had just came in at a reputable dealer. After doing some research this car was a clean one owner and no accidents. The price was a steal so I jumped on it and got it! Wow, the cx9 is awesome looking from the exterior and interior. The drive is silky smooth and plenty of zoozoom! The cx9 has great control and corners well, has great turning radius too. Overall,the cx9 feelg very solid and based on all the reviews, it seems to be very reliable. I love the 10 speaker bose system with bluetooth, works ans sounds great. Some of the cons are: only 18 mpg average but it's expected for the size and power of this car, good thing it takes regular unleaded gas! The navigation looks nice but not as easy to use, I prefer to use by Google navigation on my galaxy note 4. Overall, I recommend the CX9 GT!"

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent driver, very quick for a large SUV"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"We bought this car used a few years back off of a lease option. It was well maintained and looked sharp. We have put several thousand miles on this Mazda CX-9 and it has been one of the best, most comfortable traveling vehicles we have ever had. Zero mechanical issues and very easy to maintain. I went to the dealer a while back to check on a transmission filter. The parts man told me it did not need a filter, just change the fluid. He also to told me it was the best vehicle Mazda made that year. I agree with him!"

very nice vehicle

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable, great TO DRIVE"

"GREAT CAR"

would buy another one

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

"we owned a 2007 rendezvous prior to this suv. really loved that car, but this one is a close second. not 100% satisfied with the transmission and the way it down shifts as soon as you take your foot off the gas peddle. Drove it to florida this past Feb. and it was quite comfortable and handled the road great. got about 22mpg on the road."

one of the best cars that I have owned

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

"I bought the car used and it is one of the best cars that I have ever owned mo major issues juts change the oil regularly and it keeps going"

downright awsome family car

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "is really fun to drive and very comfortable"

Cons: "steering could be tighter"

"my only complaint is that the brakes will chatter when they get hot. not really comfortable braking when it feels like the antilock system is on, which it is not. also I find the steering is not as precise as I would prefer. I seem to make a fair amount of corrections when driving on a smooth toll road at maybe 65mph other than that the car is really quick and fast. and the 20" tires that came with the car are pretty unforgiving on the road, and are already showing signs of wear and drying out at under 16,000mi..I hope to replace them with something other than a high performance tire down the road."

Truly great car...

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "trouble free,comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "I have yet to find a problem"

"I traded in my Mercedes for one of the first CX-7's, which was an outstanding car, but ended up being too small and my wife wanted the 3rd row. I have since purchased 3 CX-9s. I drive a lot throughout California and put a ton of miles on my car and after driving for six or seven hours, I do not feel tired or sore from sitting. It is fun to drive and has all the power I need for passing on long stretches of highway. I have not had ANY mechanical or other issues with any of these cars. In fact, I have an appointment in two days to buy my 4th CX-9.."

Love it, Love it, Love it!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

"Nice size, fun to drive."

I purchased new and it is a great vehicle

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "I can only say Mazda..... ZOOM ZOOM"

Cons: "Vehicle should come with side molding,for lights"

"The only thing I would have liked is a little better gas mileage.. The fit and finish is excellent, I just replaced my tires after 55,000. The ride is very good and has plenty of power when needed.. Only complaint is I need a ladder to wash it. Love the vehicle."

Good car but has issues

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Good driver for a big car"

Cons: "Getting in and out on all four seat not good"

"I have two negative issues 1. The drivers seat goes back to fully recline each time you unlock the car. 2. The passenger seat is too high and the angle of the windshield is too short. A lot of power, pretty good mileage on the highway! Sound system great , good lines Blind side is a great feature"

Love Hate Relationship with this car

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Reason: Constant Repairs

Pros: "Great Style and Interior"

Cons: "Mechanically not sound!"

"So I owned the 2007 Mazda CX-9 I loved my car but it kept going into the shop. Once this vehicle hit's 100k you will begin having massive issues! In a 9 month spread we dumped $7,180.00 dollars into repairs. Finally had enough at what point does repairing not make since? This vehicle has a very stylish body and apart from changing the front Grill and headlight's Mazda has not changed the overall appearance. So it still looks like a new car 7 years latter. The fit and finish on the interior is done very well! The seating lay out easily fits not just little kids but full sized adults in every seat nicely. The cargo space with the third row up is ample enough for Football Moms. Put the third row down and you can start putting bikes in for the kids! The third row down cargo is the best design in it's class, throw a blow up bed in there and you can easily camp in your car! (we did that) Be careful buying one of these if it has 100k miles plus though because buyer be ware! We traded to a new Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD this vehicle is great. The CX-9 beats it in the back row but that's about it. Best luck on your buying decision and I hope this was helpful. Overall I loved my CX-9 but was heart broken when it became a money pit."

I really like this car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Great sized car - tons of room."

Cons: "Wish it got better gas milage. Tires."

"A Mommy Car with attitude. Drives nice, lots of room for friends or stuff. I even carried a full size washer in the box, in the back of the car. Only complaint was had to put tires and brakes on the car at 25K. Seemed early to me to spend this kind of money. I would recommend this car."

brings a smile to my face

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

"never heard of the CX 9 before I got it . Went down to the dealership because of a flyer that came to the house . So far it has met and exceeded my expectations"

Great car

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, fast,comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage, console too large, no auto door locks"

"I bought this car as pre owned after losing my toyota camry in a flood. I wanted something large and reliable. I never even thought of buying a Mazda but the used car inventory was very limited in my area at the time because of the flood. I was fortunate to find this car which was just turned in from a lease and fell in love with it. I drove it and could not believe how fast and how easy it was to handle, very comfortable even on long trips . I get many compliments on the car. It looks just as good as the more expensive SUV's around. My only complaints are that it is not as roomy inside as I had hoped because of the very large center console in the front and the doors do not automatically lock ,you have to remember to lock the doors when you get in the car . I would buy one again."

Totally repair-free auto...my first. Beautiful

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, drives/rides like a car. Trouble-free."

Cons: "no programmable garage door opener."

"This auto has never been to any shop for any repairs...I should probably keep it until it dies. Excellent appearance that still draws favorable comments. Outstanding for golf trips...holds our luggage, clubs and plug-in cooler with ease. Ride is exceptional...exactly like a car. Lack of programmable remote garage opener is a negative....using a garage door opener is so 1970's."

Great Car!!!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

"Great family vehicle. Handles well and has plenty of interior space. Also, the vehicle is visually attractive for those of us who must have the room to haul kids and their stuff around but still desire a car that looks good."

Best SUV value on the market today!

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics design practicality reliability"

Cons: "Gas mileage, interior material quality"

"Have owned the CX-9 for 6.5 years since new. Comparison shopped it against all the competition and there was no competition. I am an avid car enthusiast and have owned a lot of high performance vehicles. This is one of my favorite vehicles of all time. Can do all the practical day-to-day missions of an SUV but does them with all the joys of a performance car. Handles like a vehicle 1000 pounds lighter. How does Mazda defy the laws of physics? My wife drives this car every day and even after 6.5 years does not want a new car (except maybe another CX-9). Bulletproof reliability, great design and looks inside and out and a very rewarding driving experience. Ours is the blue mica and we still get compliments on the color. Overall, one of the best car ownership experience I've ever had, strongly recommend this vehicle!"

A good car not excellent.

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

"The CX9 does have the power zoom,zoom we are unhappy with brake noise that returns and over all many minor problems that we have had are numerous,that we have not had with other cars."

My First Mazda will not be my last

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great price and service record, fun to drive,"

Cons: "none - great vehicle"

"126,000 miles and no issues! And I love driving it. Our dealer is excellent both from sales and now service. We have had no expenses associated with it other than normal maintenance. I look forward to my next one but at the rate this one is going, that won't be any time soon."

This is the best new vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive, powerful engine!!"

Cons: "Absolutely none"

"This is new best most reliable new vehicle I have ever had the pleasure of owning. the ride is so smooth. it looks beautiful. NEVER a problem i loved driving this vehicle. My only dilemma is that it is approaching 100,000 miles. It still runs like new. AC is ice cold, seats are so comfortable. But Im considering whether or not to buy the current year model.. Im so torn because the car is paid off and runs and looks like new. My only dilemma is that it may need repairs down the road as the vehicle ages. I have owned a new Mazda Protege in the past and that vehicle had 220,000 miles before i sold it and it also ran like a champ."