• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,755 - $27,903.

10/7.0

Based on 229 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Saved my life.

By on Friday, October 02, 2009

"I bought a 2008 CX-9 in January of 2008 and totalled it on October 1st, 2009. I hit a semi truck at 40 mph (t-boned it - my fault) and I should have been killed. The car's crumple zones and air bags worked exactly as designed and I walked away with a scratch on my left hand and some chest pain from the seat belt force. I'm buying a 2009 CX-9 tomorrow to replace it. It is an exceptional car with great power, a quiet ride, plenty of room, an excellent stereo system, great handling and it is exceptionally safe."

Solid car

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"bought a loaded grand touring and it is awesome get 18mpg overall in mostly city driving,, an eye catching body and a comfortable interior, like a floating living room with the dvd system and bose premium sound 1 small negative is no trip computer which is odd for vehicle in this price range"

Very Nice

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"This review is coming from a car guy. My wife and I needed a family suv that's easy to park in the city and had a third row. This fit the bill better than any of the competition. Very good choice. The performance is great. It drives like a sport sedan. Sliding second row is great. A little thirsty, but its a big suv w/ 3 rows. Fit and finish are top notch. I hope CX-9 doesnt catch on to the masses. I have the only on on the block and it's look turns heads (as much as a family ride can). Might even buy another Mazda based off ownership of this one!"

Just purchased, so first impression only.

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Value for money, and a very WOW interior."

Cons: "None as yet."

"I wont comment too much on performance or reliability since I've only just purchased this July 2012, (I will update on that after 3000 miles), but based on all reviews, and my test drive, I cant see anything lacking from a pure performance standpoint in this CX9 compared to other 7 passenger SUV's, in fact the opposite looks true right now. I'll at least tell you why I purchased the CX9 and traded in my GMC Acadia. Firstly - wow, what an interior for the price, this surely has to be the best value for money 7 seater package out there. I purchased a Touring CX9 with two tone Leather seats, 10 speaker Bose Sound package, Moon Roof, Rear camera, key less start, and Power Lift-gate, all for $31,500, and when I stack that up against the same mid level GMC Acadia, with similar options, your talking a saving of over $6,000 for what is essentially a like for like optioned third row SUV. I checked out the Ford Explorer, Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia, Ford Flex, and Honda Pilot, and when it came to actually trying to negotiate an off the lot price nobody came close to the Mazda CX9. Everyone was basically $5 - $6,000 more expensive with nothing more to show for it. I test drove the CX9 before this purchase and obviously I can only compare to the Acadia. I found it more nimble, and more "road connected", and more driver connected, it felt just more of a sporty drive all round, and that with the added lux of riding on leather, with the moon roof and sound system, I just thought, wow, why wouldn't I ? So I did !!! I'll update again soon on performance and handling when I've been round the block a bit more. But as it stand right now this is a quiet cabin, nimble and responsive ride, and feels nothing like you'd expect for a 7 passenger vehicle. Right now, happy chappy, well impressed !"

Best cross over among the crowd

By on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Pros: "Smooth highway ride,quiet,speed,Top class interior"

Cons: "None."........."..........."

"I just bought it this CX9 last week .drove only 75 miles so far .Woow what a smooth ride.!i test drive Honda pilot,Toyota highlander and the explorer. I believe this one handles highway ride so good and it's interior finish is top class . All in on you a get a premium vehicle . I think this one belongs the luxury vhecile catgogery ."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25