2012 Mazda CX-9

Based on 269 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

First Head Turner

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"This is the first vehicle I have owned that gives me real pride of ownership. Rock solid ride and power to spare. I have never not been able to get more power....avg cruising speed 80...do lots of driving on open roads in CA / NV. Bought this one as a new 2007 after the 2008's arrived. Dealer had added chrome to the 20" rims - getting lots of compliments. You couldn't be too tall to sit in the 3rd row but the grand kids aren't that big yet anyway. Gas mileage could be a little better. Like the Bluetooth and Navigation but could be better I maxed out on Bluetooth memory pretty quickly.....this is my mobile office so am pushing these features further than most. This truly is the first vehicle I am PROUD to own!"

Very Nice Drive, Fit, Finish, Quality

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Safe Feel, Look, Functionality, Sexy"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I purchased this vehicle in Jan of 2013. My initial impression was how substantual and crisp the drive and handling were. I feel like if I hit another car, I would be ok without a seatbelt and would quite frankly destroy the other car. I take it over to Eastern WA and over the mountain passes. It's the first vehicle that I feel entirely safe in... and can bully those 18 wheel semis on those hairpin turns!!! It's a bit thirsty around town, bummer to see 16 MPG. Highway is a true 23 MPG. Handling is crisp and nimble, ride is appointed, not stiff but you feel bumps at times. I have the Grand Touring. I love my Bose and the interior is super nice. It's the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. It is my favorite vehicle ever! I would test drive one asap if you're in the market for SUV or CUV."

Great car with few flaws

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, somewhat sporty"

Cons: "Too much plastic, small third row, poor mileage"

"I've had mine for five years now and I love it. My only complaints are the low quality of the interior, ridiculously small third row and poor gas mileage. I have taken it to the dealer twice in the last five years only because the air conditioner broke down. Overall though it is a fantastic car."

Great new SUV

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"This vehicle is very cool to drive. I am not impressed with the power seat on the passenger side. It should go up and down. If you are very tall, you really have to bend over to get in on the passenger side or your WILL hit your head. The features are OK. I wish the headlights would come on automatically as well as the door locks when you take off or when the vehicle is put into gear. Over all, I love this vehicle, and will buy another one.."

Mildly disappointed

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"Had minor issues from day one. Wiring caused courtesy light not to work. Gas overflows when filling up (at different pumps). Terrible in the snow (suspect the tires). Rattles in dashboard and bushings just replaced. 2007 first year of production and many changes for 2008 suggest a rush to production."