2010 Mazda CX-9

Based on 275 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

A Sporty Alternative To Traditional SUVs

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

"Excellent value. Not sure why anyone would purchase a BMW X5 or Mercedes M Class, when this car is available for half the cost. Car handles extremely well, is very quiet, and rides comfortably although it does have a slightly firm suspension - not harsh, just not plush like a Highlander. Interior is well done with all the amenities. 3rd row is convenient - 2nd row seating can be moved forward to create additional room for 3rd row. Gas mileage is so-so - I get 17 in city driving, 21-22 on highway (at 75 mph). Previous car was a Highlander which had a nice ride, but didn't exactly inspire confidence at highway speeds."

great service, great ride

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive and priced right"

"this grand touring has been the best vehicle i have owned out of 22 cars that ive owned. handles like a nimble sedan and is a dream on the road. I have driven 70,000 highway miles in 2 years and it has never disappointed me. Ive had it serviced regularly, put new tires on at 50,000 miles and had the transmission serviced as recommended. NO repairs have been needed. I keep asking the shop to check and see if the brakes need servicing, but not yet."

Great family vehicle

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, Great Looking, Good Power"

Cons: "Terrible mileage"

"We bought this with the rear entertainment system and it's a great overall vehicle for both long and short trips. The only complaint I have is that the gas mileage is terrible. I use it for 95% in-town driving and see about 14 MPG, nowhere NEAR the advertised ratings."

It's not perfect, but it's darn close!

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, spacious, very comfortable, pretty"

Cons: "not very good on gas"

"I just bought a 2012 CPO (certified pre-owned)Mazda CX9 on Black Friday. I've been eyeballing CX9s for years, but didn't want to wait to make a move until my current vehicle kicked the bucket. Anyway, I bought the Touring model in Dolphin Gray Mica with black leather. I wanted white, but I've been very pleased with the gray. It's very pretty and is easy to keep clean (so far). I love everything about it except the mpg, but I knew it wasn't going to be good, so it wasn't a shocker. It rides so smoothly, has lots of space and is good-looking. It's also very easy to see out of, which was important to me. The Honda Pilot's back window is too big and the Traverse's back window is too small. The CX9 is perfect. I love the design and the layout. I'm very pleased with my purchase. No regrets here!"

Perfect for our growing family!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "holds its resale value easy/fun to drive versitile"

Cons: "smart key is a pain"

"Love this car! we bought it when i was pregnant with our first child, now we have two kids with a third in the near future. Our CX-9 is part of the family! it is extremely versitile, it can hold a ton of kid stuff. The third row seating is really easy to put up and down, and the second row is just wide enough for 3 car seats. overall, i absolutely love this car!"

best car I ever owned

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pros: "comfort, reliability"

Cons: "never needed the third seat."

"This car was a complete surprise as to its handling and comfort. I had just sold off a S 420 and had high expectations for the ride. I was not let down, and am reluctant to sell it for the same reason."

Great Vehicle with a Few caveats

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Great overall design, strong motor, comfortable"

Cons: "Trim , Cargo w/3rd row up, low mileage w/issues"

"We bought the Grand touring 2WD with the navigation. It handles like a car and is similar to a minivan in seating. First off we love the CX-9! It has a ton of features and is very comfortable for our family of 5. It can seat 7 but to carry anything other than a few coats. You have to put one of the 3rd row seats down for storage. Roof rack is light duty at best. The Blind spot monitor, back up camera,"

love this car.

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "very nice tight driving car..."

Cons: "front storage areas lacking"

"When looking for cross over, we wanted 3rd row seat but something smaller than Acadia or Enclave...came down to Mazda or the Ford Explorer. The dealer priced the Mazda about 3k less than the Ford comparing apples to apples although the ford has more hp. After a few months we can't find one thing to complain about and that says a lot. Have 2200 lb boat that I will pull in the spring... mileage has average 17.8 around town and as high as 26 on highway. Excellent car so far!!"

Great family SUV

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Size, price, style"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"The only, and I mean only, flaw I can find in this vehicle is the gas mileage. I get 18-20 mpg, and some competitors claim to do a little better. The styling is great, the interior is set up for maximum comfort and there is plenty of room for my two kids, two large dogs, wife and all of our luggage thanks to the trailer hitch and roof rack. For the money there is not a better vehicle out there. I have owned for three years and have needed nothing aside from oil changes."

mazda zoom zoom

By on Sunday, May 1, 2011

"I have not owned this vehicle for a long period of time but did alot of reseach before purchasing this one for the price, reliability and comfort. We currently lease a Lexus RX after two years into the lease we still like the vehicle but the mazda overall is an excellent value for the money and as far for fuel consumption allot of people complian upon it if you looked at the EPA Fuel Econmy Estimates it tells you 16mpg city and 22 highway more or less upon how you drive if anyone looking into purchasing a crossover I personally like the mazda."