• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Mazda CX-9

Based on 246 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next

I LOVE IT

By on Thursday, March 19, 2009

"I have had this car for a few months now and from the moment I sat in it I fell in love with her...My mother and I just took it on a cross country trip and she handled GREAT...The car had a nice ride and the MPG were not as bad as I thought at points I was getting 24 MPG...I would recommend this to anyone!"

Best buy ever

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Compared this with several others...Lexus, Acura, Infinity ect. This is our first mazda, and absolutely love it! Have a GT AWD with navigation. Love the amenities and smooth ride. Great value and get compliments all the time on the looks. I would definitely recommend this car!"

Holding Up Well!

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"This my family's only vehicle and my wife and I are running this into the ground (55k+ already)! We have been doing regular maintenance and haven't had any problems so far. I think it may be a bit pricey, but as long as it can handle what we dish out then it's well worth it!"

Excellent Vehicle

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Went from 2002 Bravada to 2008 CX-9. The CX-9 Grand Touring Has been great so far, The traction system (AWD) is smooth, it doesn't jerk in and out like our Bravada did on our icy roads. Love the handling and performance and styling. The key card and blind spot monitors are our favorite features, you don't have to dig your keys out of your pocket with gloves on or if your holding things. Our only mild complaints is that the fuel mileage should be about 2 mpg better and the navigation system is not as good or user friendly as our 3 year old Garmin system. But overall, it was comparible to other SUV's we were looking at but 10 thousand less."

Zoom-Zoom SUV

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Just plain fun to drive. Handles great, very good pickup, fantastic brakes and super AWD system. Silky smooth transmission. Quiet riding/interior, but somewhat of a bump ride when the road gets rough, but is very responsive in steering. Plenty of room, good sounding stock stereo, comfy seats. Not enough room to store all nick-nacks. Milage is somewhat sketchy, but if you drive mellow (no jack rabbit starts) you can easily get over 20MPG. All in all its a super CUV!!"

Honeymoon's over!

By on Sunday, February 01, 2009

"When we bought this car, we had looked at several other brands and models and finally decided on the CX-9. It is a beautifully styled vehicle, I have no disagreements with that. Now that we have gone through most of the winter we have found that the car can not stop or slow down with any control. We have had it in the shop, thinking there was a problem with the brakes. We were informed that they "have had a lot of trouble with the brakes on these cars" but no solution was offered. So now I can not drive my beautiful new car for another few months! I will never buy another Mazda. This is not the only problem we've had, the others have not been nearly as serious."

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2007 Mazda CX9

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"We leased this vehicle on or about June 2007. Very disapointed, from the very first day we noticed the vehicle kept pulling to the left side of the road; several trips to the service center didn't fix the problem, one of the inspector found that it did in fact pulled a "little to the left but it wasn't a safety issue". When you pay for a "brand new vehicle" you'll expect that it functions perfect and not to pull to either side!!! Currently awaiting resolution of lemon law case."

Great crossover

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"Best bet for replacing full size SUV. Fast and comfortable however drinks like a fish."

Zoom Zoom

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"I bought a new 2008 GT AWD with every major option except the DVD and all for $32K. What a bargain! I was trading a 4 year old MB C240 4matic wagon which both me and my wife hated and I had some very specific requirements from her for a replacement. It must seat 7, it must have AWD, it must look nice, it must be sporty and it must be less than 35k. That narrowed the field to a very few contenders. I chose the Mazda over the Highlander (too soft and too boring), the Pilot (too truck like and slow), the MB (much too expensive) and the Volvo (too small and too slow) because it has all the practicality of a large SUV with the performance and handling of a sports sedan, and at the price, it was a bargain to boot! The car has not dissappointed. It is comfortable, quiet, very nice inside and has almost every creature comfort and safety feature you could want, almost too the point of overkill. This is my first Mazda and I just can't figure out why I waited so long. The only reason to buy one of the "lifestyle" brand equivalents (MB, BMW, Porsche) is if you were willing to pay 10k extra for the badge. Pro's: Very lively engine and gearbox. Great handling. Looks great. Lane departure system. Back up camera. Power rear hatch. Bose stereo. Huge value for money. Con's: No XM. Bluetooth interface is voice only (very annoying to program the calling list). Nav system is not as good as Honda. Some of the interior trim seems a little fragile. Overall: Very pleased"

Love this car!

By on Monday, January 05, 2009

"I have had the Grand Touring for one year and I love it. The only complaints I have are there is no "XX miles until empty" to tell you how much gas you have. It does not make any kind of noise either when you are low. The little yellow light goes on, but some may not even notice it once you are used to all the other features! Also, I am not wild about the back seat floor. I love how the back seats will slide forward and backward, but I do not like the look of the sliding mechanisms on the floor. I had an Acura MDX before this car and I love this one just as much. The interior is not as nice, but for $10k less you can't beat it."

Bought it for its looks but love its functionality

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Pros: Styling, functionality, performance Cons: Gas mileage, no "xx miles to empty" gauge, key card is annoying I've always owned sport sedans and recently started to notice my need for the functionality of an SUV. So many of them have that bulging station wagon/"look, I'm not really a minivan" appearance. I've also always had very particular tastes in cars and don't even consider them if I don't like the exterior styling. Call me a superficial car snob but I know what I like! When I began shopping, I considered just 3 models: the Nissan Murano, the Infiniti version and the Mazda CX-9. I test drove the Murano and it seemed so much smaller and overpriced in comparison to the CX-9. (The Infiniti didn't even qualify for a test drive because of the sticker price.) The Mazda was larger with more distinctive exterior styling, offered many more standard features for the price and I love the "Zoom, Zoom" factor. I purchased an AWD Grand Touring model in pearl white on black and love it. (I opted out of the Navi because of the price factor.) I love the way it drives, especially in inclement weather here in the Midwest, and surprisingly find myself using the functionality of the fold-down third-row seating more often than I expected. I can haul so much stuff in the back of this thing and the Bose sound system rocks! Whenever we go out, everyone wants me to drive because of the seating capacity and its interior roominess and comfort. I joke that it's my "school bus" because it's so much bigger than what I traded in yet it's city gas mileage leaves much to be desired. I absolutely cannot stand the key card feature though...it gets lost in my purse all the time or if I get out of the car for something, the car starts beeping loudly to the point of embarassment. I don't understand the draw of that "feature." I don't care much for the grill either and have been shopping for an aftermarket version. Outside from these minor things, the car was what I was looking for and more. I do like the 20" rim size and have since bought chrome rim replacements. I frequently get compliments on the car and people stop to ask, "What kind of car is that, anyway?" Would I recommend this car to someone? Absolutely. The pro's well outweigh the con's and maybe the men will actually like the silly keycard feature - my dad finds it fascinating - he shows it to everyone, as if that's the best part of the car! As long as I don't "feel" like I'm driving a minivan, I'm going to continue driving this until it's time to downsize again."

great machine

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"by far the best suv in its class,don`t agree? take a test drive and than look at the sticker price?"

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"Best minivan alternative (more space vs. Acura MDX and more "car-like" vs. GMC Acadia)"

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Awesome Value

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"In our search, we looked at all available GM products, Honda '09 Pilot, BMW X5, Volvo XC90, Audi. We purchased the CX-9 and are very happy with all the features. We added aftermarket DVD because sunroof option did not allow it from the manuf. We saved $1000. It would have been nice if the sunglass holder had the rearview passenger mirror like Honda. Nav can be a little tricky due to all the driver safety features. Only complaint from wife is that she does not have a good place to put her purse. Great Zoom-Zoom in an SUV package! Competitors give no more, for more money."

By on Monday, July 28, 2008

"Without a doubt, the finest overall vehicle I have ever owned..I drove a Lexus 350 before the Mazda. Highway and city handling is superb. I find only one fault: a bit hungry. Bose sound system is wonderful. Indeed worth the money. Highly recommend the Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring"

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

By on Sunday, June 08, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for a little over a year and love it. However, we have had a problem with they keyless system. The key doesn't work at times, even if you take it out and put the actual key in the ignition, it will remain locked. This happened last summer on vacation 2000 miles away from home. It happened several other times and the dealer just doesn't care at all. Says there is nothing they can do and they have never heard of it happening. That makes me not want to buy another mazda and this is my 4th mazda"

Very Nice

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"This review is coming from a car guy. My wife and I needed a family suv that's easy to park in the city and had a third row. This fit the bill better than any of the competition. Very good choice. The performance is great. It drives like a sport sedan. Sliding second row is great. A little thirsty, but its a big suv w/ 3 rows. Fit and finish are top notch. I hope CX-9 doesnt catch on to the masses. I have the only on on the block and it's look turns heads (as much as a family ride can). Might even buy another Mazda based off ownership of this one!"

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

By on Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Love it! This may sound crazy...but it drives kind of like a mix of an izuzu amigo and hummer hahaha...but it's great! If you like a heavy car- this is for you."

By on Friday, May 23, 2008

First Head Turner

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"This is the first vehicle I have owned that gives me real pride of ownership. Rock solid ride and power to spare. I have never not been able to get more power....avg cruising speed 80...do lots of driving on open roads in CA / NV. Bought this one as a new 2007 after the 2008's arrived. Dealer had added chrome to the 20" rims - getting lots of compliments. You couldn't be too tall to sit in the 3rd row but the grand kids aren't that big yet anyway. Gas mileage could be a little better. Like the Bluetooth and Navigation but could be better I maxed out on Bluetooth memory pretty quickly.....this is my mobile office so am pushing these features further than most. This truly is the first vehicle I am PROUD to own!"

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next