2010 Mazda CX-9

Based on 261 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Reliable, comfortable, good highway mileage

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "dependability, comfort, driving"

Cons: "backing up, space, paint scratches easily"

"I bought this car new in 2008 and have been driving it hard ever since. I recently passed 100,000 miles. The only major repair I have had to do was to replace a tie rod. I've changed the oil every 7000 miles, replaced the tires once, brakes once, but other than that have never had a problem with it. My only complaints are that the front seat area is a little cramped with the center console, and it is scary backing up (hard to see out back - should have gotten the back up camera) but the comfort and dependability truly outweigh any negatives. I have averaged 18-20 mph around town and 24 on the highway. Great pickup and braking."

Great car with few flaws

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, somewhat sporty"

Cons: "Too much plastic, small third row, poor mileage"

"I've had mine for five years now and I love it. My only complaints are the low quality of the interior, ridiculously small third row and poor gas mileage. I have taken it to the dealer twice in the last five years only because the air conditioner broke down. Overall though it is a fantastic car."

We are truly impressed thus far

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"We bought the CX-9 GT AWD after much research and test-driving. We were on the verge of buying either a Volvo XC90. We also considered the MDX, Highlander, Pilot and checked out the Q7 just for kicks. After spotting a CX9 at JFK airport, we decided to give it a test drive. We were blown away! We have done 2000 miles thus far and are enjoying every bit of it. Well finished interiors, except that the plastics in some areas are lacking in quality...but who cares. This is one mean driving baby. Our son loves our new "Jumbo" (compared to our smaller Volvo S60). It has all the safety features we were looking for, including my favorite (Blind Spot Monitoring); I have a bad right eye. If you are considering a new family hauler, do not look further. If there is anything I would say against it, it would be the overall ride on 20 inch wheels on rough roads. It does ride a bit stiff, but handles great with a great turning radius. Try out the model with the smaller wheels if you want a "cushy" ride."

Mildly disappointed

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"Had minor issues from day one. Wiring caused courtesy light not to work. Gas overflows when filling up (at different pumps). Terrible in the snow (suspect the tires). Rattles in dashboard and bushings just replaced. 2007 first year of production and many changes for 2008 suggest a rush to production."

Very good choice

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"I drove BMW's for a long time. When my last BMW X3 lease was finished I (at 74) decided to look at other brands which gave me the same or close overall performance. I ended up with the CX-9. I have driven this model for about one year on all kinds of roads and I am very satisfied."