2010 Mazda CX-9

Based on 263 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

sporty crossover

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"I owned a Mazda3 before buying this vehicle, and was impressed with the standard equipment that was on that car. I purchased the CX-9 about 1 month after they came out, absolutely love the truck. It handles like a sportscar through the curves and even though it's only got 263 bhp, it takes off quick. I purchased the Grand Touring as that's the model 3 I had, and absolutely love the luxury this package provides. I looked at Acura and Lexus, but the Mazda blew both of them out of the water, at close to $6000 less."

Great new SUV

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"This vehicle is very cool to drive. I am not impressed with the power seat on the passenger side. It should go up and down. If you are very tall, you really have to bend over to get in on the passenger side or your WILL hit your head. The features are OK. I wish the headlights would come on automatically as well as the door locks when you take off or when the vehicle is put into gear. Over all, I love this vehicle, and will buy another one.."

Very Nice Drive, Fit, Finish, Quality

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Safe Feel, Look, Functionality, Sexy"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I purchased this vehicle in Jan of 2013. My initial impression was how substantual and crisp the drive and handling were. I feel like if I hit another car, I would be ok without a seatbelt and would quite frankly destroy the other car. I take it over to Eastern WA and over the mountain passes. It's the first vehicle that I feel entirely safe in... and can bully those 18 wheel semis on those hairpin turns!!! It's a bit thirsty around town, bummer to see 16 MPG. Highway is a true 23 MPG. Handling is crisp and nimble, ride is appointed, not stiff but you feel bumps at times. I have the Grand Touring. I love my Bose and the interior is super nice. It's the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. It is my favorite vehicle ever! I would test drive one asap if you're in the market for SUV or CUV."

Absolute best in drive and comfort!

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Great design, interior flexibilty, and drive!"

Cons: "None so far"

"I traded in my 2002 Mazda 626 for the 2013 CX-9. After test driving an Explorer and a Pathfinder, we took the CX-9 for a spin. There simply is no comparison. While the Pathfinder has more length (and therefore slightly more third seat room), the CX-9 felt luxurious in comparison. The interior is beautiful and functional- not to mention the most comfortable we tested. It drives smooth, quiet, and powerful. The typical Mazda "zoom" is apparent even in their largest vehicle while driving as though it were a sedan, hugging curves and parking with ease. I love that the middle row slides to allow for comfort. The interior design is sleek and very inviting. We got lucky and ended up purchasing a Demo vehicle, which allowed us to afford the Grand Touring. The Bose stereo is amazing! Even the kids are impressed. I drove my first Mazda for 11 years and I can definitely see myself in this one for another 11 !"

Reliable, comfortable, good highway mileage

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "dependability, comfort, driving"

Cons: "backing up, space, paint scratches easily"

"I bought this car new in 2008 and have been driving it hard ever since. I recently passed 100,000 miles. The only major repair I have had to do was to replace a tie rod. I've changed the oil every 7000 miles, replaced the tires once, brakes once, but other than that have never had a problem with it. My only complaints are that the front seat area is a little cramped with the center console, and it is scary backing up (hard to see out back - should have gotten the back up camera) but the comfort and dependability truly outweigh any negatives. I have averaged 18-20 mph around town and 24 on the highway. Great pickup and braking."

Great car with few flaws

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, somewhat sporty"

Cons: "Too much plastic, small third row, poor mileage"

"I've had mine for five years now and I love it. My only complaints are the low quality of the interior, ridiculously small third row and poor gas mileage. I have taken it to the dealer twice in the last five years only because the air conditioner broke down. Overall though it is a fantastic car."

We are truly impressed thus far

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"We bought the CX-9 GT AWD after much research and test-driving. We were on the verge of buying either a Volvo XC90. We also considered the MDX, Highlander, Pilot and checked out the Q7 just for kicks. After spotting a CX9 at JFK airport, we decided to give it a test drive. We were blown away! We have done 2000 miles thus far and are enjoying every bit of it. Well finished interiors, except that the plastics in some areas are lacking in quality...but who cares. This is one mean driving baby. Our son loves our new "Jumbo" (compared to our smaller Volvo S60). It has all the safety features we were looking for, including my favorite (Blind Spot Monitoring); I have a bad right eye. If you are considering a new family hauler, do not look further. If there is anything I would say against it, it would be the overall ride on 20 inch wheels on rough roads. It does ride a bit stiff, but handles great with a great turning radius. Try out the model with the smaller wheels if you want a "cushy" ride."

Mildly disappointed

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"Had minor issues from day one. Wiring caused courtesy light not to work. Gas overflows when filling up (at different pumps). Terrible in the snow (suspect the tires). Rattles in dashboard and bushings just replaced. 2007 first year of production and many changes for 2008 suggest a rush to production."

Very good choice

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"I drove BMW's for a long time. When my last BMW X3 lease was finished I (at 74) decided to look at other brands which gave me the same or close overall performance. I ended up with the CX-9. I have driven this model for about one year on all kinds of roads and I am very satisfied."

I think it's a little pricey but I've enjoyed it.

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "reliable, dependable, sturdy, fun to drive"

Cons: "too pricey"

"I bought my 2007 CX9 in 2008. It is black with taupe leather interior. Comes with all the bells and whistles. I haven't had any problems with it. Great travel vehicle for the family. The kids can watch movies, play games and it can seat up to 7 people! The original battery lasted 6 years (not bad at all) and I just recently replaced it. I think the CX9's are a little pricey or perhaps we could have negotiated better. Thank goodness I can use regular gas otherwise a high monthly note on top of having to use the top grade gas would be a bit much to handle. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good dependable family car and can afford it. Thank goodness mine will be paid off soon!"