• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Mazda CX-9

Based on 241 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

brings a smile to my face

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

"never heard of the CX 9 before I got it . Went down to the dealership because of a flyer that came to the house . So far it has met and exceeded my expectations"

Great car

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, fast,comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage, console too large, no auto door locks"

"I bought this car as pre owned after losing my toyota camry in a flood. I wanted something large and reliable. I never even thought of buying a Mazda but the used car inventory was very limited in my area at the time because of the flood. I was fortunate to find this car which was just turned in from a lease and fell in love with it. I drove it and could not believe how fast and how easy it was to handle, very comfortable even on long trips . I get many compliments on the car. It looks just as good as the more expensive SUV's around. My only complaints are that it is not as roomy inside as I had hoped because of the very large center console in the front and the doors do not automatically lock ,you have to remember to lock the doors when you get in the car . I would buy one again."

Totally repair-free auto...my first. Beautiful

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, drives/rides like a car. Trouble-free."

Cons: "no programmable garage door opener."

"This auto has never been to any shop for any repairs...I should probably keep it until it dies. Excellent appearance that still draws favorable comments. Outstanding for golf trips...holds our luggage, clubs and plug-in cooler with ease. Ride is exceptional...exactly like a car. Lack of programmable remote garage opener is a negative....using a garage door opener is so 1970's."

Great Car!!!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

"Great family vehicle. Handles well and has plenty of interior space. Also, the vehicle is visually attractive for those of us who must have the room to haul kids and their stuff around but still desire a car that looks good."

Best SUV value on the market today!

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics design practicality reliability"

Cons: "Gas mileage, interior material quality"

"Have owned the CX-9 for 6.5 years since new. Comparison shopped it against all the competition and there was no competition. I am an avid car enthusiast and have owned a lot of high performance vehicles. This is one of my favorite vehicles of all time. Can do all the practical day-to-day missions of an SUV but does them with all the joys of a performance car. Handles like a vehicle 1000 pounds lighter. How does Mazda defy the laws of physics? My wife drives this car every day and even after 6.5 years does not want a new car (except maybe another CX-9). Bulletproof reliability, great design and looks inside and out and a very rewarding driving experience. Ours is the blue mica and we still get compliments on the color. Overall, one of the best car ownership experience I've ever had, strongly recommend this vehicle!"