2010 Mazda CX-9

Based on 259 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

2nd Impression - update on previous review

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Driving quality, great interior package, value."

Cons: "There ain't none yet!"

"Well, not yet at the 3000 mile update review point that I promised, but at 500 miles I' just thought I'd update my 1st impression review with this 2nd impression review: LOVE IT ! It really is a nice drive, just did first mini road trip in it, and it lived up to everything I had in my 1st impression review. Very quite, smooth ride, very nice handling for a larger SUV, and very responsive when that quick pick up is needed. Still can't get over the value for money upgrades and interior over competitive vehicles. Trying hard to keep it honest by pointing out something I didn't like, but honestly, I just haven't found anything annoying in this car yet ? Oh, wait, that center console cup holder is slightly wider than the Acadia was, how annoying is that, I'll have to upgrade the coffe cup to something slightly fatter :-) So, the mini road trip, 2 adults, me 6 ft 2 inches, 2 grown up teens, and 4 suitcases, and a full tank, but the handling was just as It was when driving alone. Nice vehicle for those long rides and feels sporty and nippy around town for a large SUV. I think that's what I've noticed most, I don't feel like I'm driving a 7 passenger SUV, and I always did in the Acadia. Still 10 out of 10 for me !"

Best AWD ever

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "mileage, driveability, great in snow."

Cons: "A little more storage in center console"

"Had Chevy Suburban, Toyota Sequoia and Honda Pilot. Never needed the off road of Chevy or Toyota. New Honda has been so cheapened. Mostly highway from Boston to ski resort in Maine every weekend in winter. Absolute must in snow territory. Excellent in snow or wet conditions. My mileage is great. Consistent 23-24 mpg on highway 70 mph. Around town it's 18 mpg. I calculate actual miles and then gallons used. The mpg on the dash is always 2 mpg lower than my calculation.Anyway it's quiet, fun to drive and a good value. 2 friends who tested mine bought a new one."

2007 Mazda CX9

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"We leased this vehicle on or about June 2007. Very disapointed, from the very first day we noticed the vehicle kept pulling to the left side of the road; several trips to the service center didn't fix the problem, one of the inspector found that it did in fact pulled a "little to the left but it wasn't a safety issue". When you pay for a "brand new vehicle" you'll expect that it functions perfect and not to pull to either side!!! Currently awaiting resolution of lemon law case."

LOVE IT ZOOM ZOOM

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "comfort, style, leather interior, quiet, fun"

Cons: "Can't find any."

"Bought new in 2008 after my 2004 6 sport(still own it) was paid off. LOVE this SUV. Normal maintenance and oil changes done. Never broken down, never left on the side of the road. Rear shock just failed today. After the repair I still smiled when I got back in and drove home. Normal repair and on other cars I have had that happen at 50,000 miles. This car rides like a sports sedan. My neighbor with his Explorer can't believe this is 6 years old. Thinking of trading and then keep saying WHY? Those that complain about mileage just realize it's an SUV (AWD) even though it feels like a smaller car. I press the peddle (big one on the right) and know I can beat most anything out there. Can Ford, GM or Chrysler say NO RECALLS. Between my 2004 and 2008 never a recall! Mazda, I will be back but it might be a while!"

MPG terrible! Faulty electronics!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "zoom zoom"

Cons: "just about everything else"

"MPG very misleading. Not even close. AWD hardly helps in winter conditions. Tires very expensive to replace and not even stocked by dealer or tire companies. You may have to wait days for a tire if you need one replaced. Electronic system and "smart key" system very unreliable. Stylish, space and quickness (zoom zoom) is nice, but certainly not worth all the other headaches. Hopefully the newer models have been improved. But i don't think I'll ever find out as I would never buy another one. Also, I found my dealer to be very uncooperative after the sale was made. I would never buy another car from them no matter the make."