2009 Mazda CX-9

Based on 275 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Zoom-Zoom SUV

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Just plain fun to drive. Handles great, very good pickup, fantastic brakes and super AWD system. Silky smooth transmission. Quiet riding/interior, but somewhat of a bump ride when the road gets rough, but is very responsive in steering. Plenty of room, good sounding stock stereo, comfy seats. Not enough room to store all nick-nacks. Milage is somewhat sketchy, but if you drive mellow (no jack rabbit starts) you can easily get over 20MPG. All in all its a super CUV!!"

Actually a great car but...

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"the gas mileage absolutely stinks! The very best on a really long highway drive was 21.5 but city/highway combined-barely 16mpg."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"We previously owned a VW Touraeg and needed to upgrade to something w/a 3rd row. We looked at all the usual suspects in this vehicle class...Toyota Highlander, Acura MDX, Buick Enclave, etc. None of them drove as smoothly, handled as well or had the ZIP of the CX-9. Throw in the economical price as the trump card and it was an irresistable choice. We ended up buying the a black on black Touring edition with the Bose package. So far zero issues. Only small complaint is the lack of a trip computer...also there is no audible warning when the gas light comes on, so pay attention. We gave up some luxury features moving from the Touraeg, but the CX-9's performance, handling and economy have more than made up for the difference. I would highly recommend this vehicle."

Best 7 passenger SUV for the money

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, quite and smooth, bose stereo"

Cons: "low mpg, no fog lights/roof rail on Touring model"

"We bought this vehicle in early Oct 2012. We got the AWD Touring model with the Bose and Moonroof package and 2-tone leather interior for $29K. Already put in almost 4k miles in less than 3 months, drove it from SF to San Diego twice. The ride is smooth and quite, it drives like a car not as an SUV. Very roomy inside and easy access to the 3rd row compare to Toyota Highlander, Volvo XC90 and BMW X5. So far so good. Can't wait to try out the AWD when we go to the snow next month."

So many options for such a great value!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "great features, great value, handles very well"

Cons: "no rear heated seats, no air cooled seats"

"I bought this SUV new after spending months comparison shopping several makes and models. I wanted all of the features of the best Audi Q7 at half the price. I got the top of the line touring edition with two tone leather interior, power liftgate, back up camera, wireless bluetooth, tow package, roof rack, bose, auto dimming mirrors, heated seats, 3 different climate control sections, 6 disc cd changer, satellite radio, AWD, V6... all the bells and whistles of the Audi at the Mazda price, just what I wanted! I am very happy with my purchase and everyone who rides in my SUV always compliments what a nice ride it is. I highly recommend this SUV. It drives like a racecar and has all the space and comforts I wanted for a comfortable road trip, plus the handling to drive in ice and snow so I can drive my friends up the passes to go skiing!"