2009 Mazda CX-9

Based on 273 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love it!

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"We bought this car when we only had 1 child. A week later we found out we were expecting another! So happy we went for the bigger CUV. I love that it feels like you are driving a car, handles almost like one too. Roomy for 2 cars seats and an adult in the back seat, have only used the 3rd row a few times for kids/teenagers, they fit fine just hard to get back there due to the car seats being in the way of the fold down to get back there. Love that the 2nd row is on sliders, the rear hatch is easy to open and close one handed (I'm a small female) and plenty of room for a single and double stroller. Perfect height to slide the strollers easliy in and out. Wish it had a bit more storage space for cd's, sunglasses, etc. My husband hates the gas mileage! Barely 17 around town if I'm easy on it. The only issue we had was the relay sensor went bad, super easy to fix, not a huge deal. And the door checks creak ALOT but I am in and out of all the doors many times everyday! Overall, I LOVE IT!"

Sleek, Sofisticated, Satisfying

By on Sunday, November 15, 2009

"This is a VERY impressive vehicle. The quality and fine appointments are close to much more expensive Japanese luxury sedans. I know, I've owned three. Every little control button is lighted, the safety and technical features are outstanding. The included features and options on this 'Grand Touring' are abundant and remarkable...the "Bose" sound system is state -of -the-art, even the wipers are automatic and silent. The navagation and bluetooth systems "listen" and respond. One gets a safe and "enveloped" feel in the comfortable bolstered leather seats, with unexpected interior roominess and ambiance. Lots of power, tight turning radius. Exterior styling is 'head-turning'. This is one vehicle that you will sometimes just want to "take a ride" in, or you'll wish your destination was another 30 miles away. Don't miss taking a long look at this one. Outstanding...Seriously"

Decent but disappointing

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Many trips back to the dealer. Electrical (courtesy light quit working/not the bulb), front bushing replaced at 20,000 miles, door moldings came off, replaced, but now there's wind noise. Gas mileage is terrible. Performance in snow is bad probably due to tires. Won't be buying it at lease end. No wonder there were many changes for 2008."

2008 Basic Sport Model

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"We have had the basic model for almost six months now. We are very pleased with its performance and style. Not too many CX-9's out there, so we still get a lot of stares. The MPG in the city is a bit dissapointing (our mini-Van got a bit better gas-mileage, go figure!) But when you compare it to other cross-overs, it's actually competitive, and better yet when compared to SUV's like the Tahoe, Explorer, Outlook, etc. When cruising on the freeway, you can hear the wind as if a window was slightly open....the only complain we have. Othewise, we are totally happy with it!"

Holding Up Well!

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"This my family's only vehicle and my wife and I are running this into the ground (55k+ already)! We have been doing regular maintenance and haven't had any problems so far. I think it may be a bit pricey, but as long as it can handle what we dish out then it's well worth it!"