2009 Mazda CX-9

Based on 263 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

We are truly impressed thus far

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"We bought the CX-9 GT AWD after much research and test-driving. We were on the verge of buying either a Volvo XC90. We also considered the MDX, Highlander, Pilot and checked out the Q7 just for kicks. After spotting a CX9 at JFK airport, we decided to give it a test drive. We were blown away! We have done 2000 miles thus far and are enjoying every bit of it. Well finished interiors, except that the plastics in some areas are lacking in quality...but who cares. This is one mean driving baby. Our son loves our new "Jumbo" (compared to our smaller Volvo S60). It has all the safety features we were looking for, including my favorite (Blind Spot Monitoring); I have a bad right eye. If you are considering a new family hauler, do not look further. If there is anything I would say against it, it would be the overall ride on 20 inch wheels on rough roads. It does ride a bit stiff, but handles great with a great turning radius. Try out the model with the smaller wheels if you want a "cushy" ride."

Mildly disappointed

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"Had minor issues from day one. Wiring caused courtesy light not to work. Gas overflows when filling up (at different pumps). Terrible in the snow (suspect the tires). Rattles in dashboard and bushings just replaced. 2007 first year of production and many changes for 2008 suggest a rush to production."

Very good choice

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"I drove BMW's for a long time. When my last BMW X3 lease was finished I (at 74) decided to look at other brands which gave me the same or close overall performance. I ended up with the CX-9. I have driven this model for about one year on all kinds of roads and I am very satisfied."

I think it's a little pricey but I've enjoyed it.

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "reliable, dependable, sturdy, fun to drive"

Cons: "too pricey"

"I bought my 2007 CX9 in 2008. It is black with taupe leather interior. Comes with all the bells and whistles. I haven't had any problems with it. Great travel vehicle for the family. The kids can watch movies, play games and it can seat up to 7 people! The original battery lasted 6 years (not bad at all) and I just recently replaced it. I think the CX9's are a little pricey or perhaps we could have negotiated better. Thank goodness I can use regular gas otherwise a high monthly note on top of having to use the top grade gas would be a bit much to handle. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good dependable family car and can afford it. Thank goodness mine will be paid off soon!"

Great family vehicle

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "fast, quiet, rides good, comfortable seating"

Cons: "gas mileage, trying to get in the 3rd row"

"I have only had one problem out of this vehicle in 85,000. The air conditioning cabin filter got clogged and would not let the condensation out of the vehicle and shorted out my AC fan. It was a maintainace mistake on my part. One of the best SUV's out there"