• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Mazda CX-9

Based on 246 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love it, Love it, Love it!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

"Nice size, fun to drive."

I purchased new and it is a great vehicle

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "I can only say Mazda..... ZOOM ZOOM"

Cons: "Vehicle should come with side molding,for lights"

"The only thing I would have liked is a little better gas mileage.. The fit and finish is excellent, I just replaced my tires after 55,000. The ride is very good and has plenty of power when needed.. Only complaint is I need a ladder to wash it. Love the vehicle."

Good car but has issues

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Good driver for a big car"

Cons: "Getting in and out on all four seat not good"

"I have two negative issues 1. The drivers seat goes back to fully recline each time you unlock the car. 2. The passenger seat is too high and the angle of the windshield is too short. A lot of power, pretty good mileage on the highway! Sound system great , good lines Blind side is a great feature"

Love Hate Relationship with this car

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Reason: Constant Repairs

Pros: "Great Style and Interior"

Cons: "Mechanically not sound!"

"So I owned the 2007 Mazda CX-9 I loved my car but it kept going into the shop. Once this vehicle hit's 100k you will begin having massive issues! In a 9 month spread we dumped $7,180.00 dollars into repairs. Finally had enough at what point does repairing not make since? This vehicle has a very stylish body and apart from changing the front Grill and headlight's Mazda has not changed the overall appearance. So it still looks like a new car 7 years latter. The fit and finish on the interior is done very well! The seating lay out easily fits not just little kids but full sized adults in every seat nicely. The cargo space with the third row up is ample enough for Football Moms. Put the third row down and you can start putting bikes in for the kids! The third row down cargo is the best design in it's class, throw a blow up bed in there and you can easily camp in your car! (we did that) Be careful buying one of these if it has 100k miles plus though because buyer be ware! We traded to a new Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD this vehicle is great. The CX-9 beats it in the back row but that's about it. Best luck on your buying decision and I hope this was helpful. Overall I loved my CX-9 but was heart broken when it became a money pit."

I really like this car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Great sized car - tons of room."

Cons: "Wish it got better gas milage. Tires."

"A Mommy Car with attitude. Drives nice, lots of room for friends or stuff. I even carried a full size washer in the box, in the back of the car. Only complaint was had to put tires and brakes on the car at 25K. Seemed early to me to spend this kind of money. I would recommend this car."

brings a smile to my face

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

"never heard of the CX 9 before I got it . Went down to the dealership because of a flyer that came to the house . So far it has met and exceeded my expectations"

Great car

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, fast,comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage, console too large, no auto door locks"

"I bought this car as pre owned after losing my toyota camry in a flood. I wanted something large and reliable. I never even thought of buying a Mazda but the used car inventory was very limited in my area at the time because of the flood. I was fortunate to find this car which was just turned in from a lease and fell in love with it. I drove it and could not believe how fast and how easy it was to handle, very comfortable even on long trips . I get many compliments on the car. It looks just as good as the more expensive SUV's around. My only complaints are that it is not as roomy inside as I had hoped because of the very large center console in the front and the doors do not automatically lock ,you have to remember to lock the doors when you get in the car . I would buy one again."

Totally repair-free auto...my first. Beautiful

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, drives/rides like a car. Trouble-free."

Cons: "no programmable garage door opener."

"This auto has never been to any shop for any repairs...I should probably keep it until it dies. Excellent appearance that still draws favorable comments. Outstanding for golf trips...holds our luggage, clubs and plug-in cooler with ease. Ride is exceptional...exactly like a car. Lack of programmable remote garage opener is a negative....using a garage door opener is so 1970's."

Great Car!!!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

"Great family vehicle. Handles well and has plenty of interior space. Also, the vehicle is visually attractive for those of us who must have the room to haul kids and their stuff around but still desire a car that looks good."

Best SUV value on the market today!

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics design practicality reliability"

Cons: "Gas mileage, interior material quality"

"Have owned the CX-9 for 6.5 years since new. Comparison shopped it against all the competition and there was no competition. I am an avid car enthusiast and have owned a lot of high performance vehicles. This is one of my favorite vehicles of all time. Can do all the practical day-to-day missions of an SUV but does them with all the joys of a performance car. Handles like a vehicle 1000 pounds lighter. How does Mazda defy the laws of physics? My wife drives this car every day and even after 6.5 years does not want a new car (except maybe another CX-9). Bulletproof reliability, great design and looks inside and out and a very rewarding driving experience. Ours is the blue mica and we still get compliments on the color. Overall, one of the best car ownership experience I've ever had, strongly recommend this vehicle!"