• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Mazda CX-9

Based on 247 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Truly great car...

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "trouble free,comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "I have yet to find a problem"

"I traded in my Mercedes for one of the first CX-7's, which was an outstanding car, but ended up being too small and my wife wanted the 3rd row. I have since purchased 3 CX-9s. I drive a lot throughout California and put a ton of miles on my car and after driving for six or seven hours, I do not feel tired or sore from sitting. It is fun to drive and has all the power I need for passing on long stretches of highway. I have not had ANY mechanical or other issues with any of these cars. In fact, I have an appointment in two days to buy my 4th CX-9.."

Love it, Love it, Love it!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

"Nice size, fun to drive."

I purchased new and it is a great vehicle

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "I can only say Mazda..... ZOOM ZOOM"

Cons: "Vehicle should come with side molding,for lights"

"The only thing I would have liked is a little better gas mileage.. The fit and finish is excellent, I just replaced my tires after 55,000. The ride is very good and has plenty of power when needed.. Only complaint is I need a ladder to wash it. Love the vehicle."

Good car but has issues

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Good driver for a big car"

Cons: "Getting in and out on all four seat not good"

"I have two negative issues 1. The drivers seat goes back to fully recline each time you unlock the car. 2. The passenger seat is too high and the angle of the windshield is too short. A lot of power, pretty good mileage on the highway! Sound system great , good lines Blind side is a great feature"

Love Hate Relationship with this car

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Reason: Constant Repairs

Pros: "Great Style and Interior"

Cons: "Mechanically not sound!"

"So I owned the 2007 Mazda CX-9 I loved my car but it kept going into the shop. Once this vehicle hit's 100k you will begin having massive issues! In a 9 month spread we dumped $7,180.00 dollars into repairs. Finally had enough at what point does repairing not make since? This vehicle has a very stylish body and apart from changing the front Grill and headlight's Mazda has not changed the overall appearance. So it still looks like a new car 7 years latter. The fit and finish on the interior is done very well! The seating lay out easily fits not just little kids but full sized adults in every seat nicely. The cargo space with the third row up is ample enough for Football Moms. Put the third row down and you can start putting bikes in for the kids! The third row down cargo is the best design in it's class, throw a blow up bed in there and you can easily camp in your car! (we did that) Be careful buying one of these if it has 100k miles plus though because buyer be ware! We traded to a new Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD this vehicle is great. The CX-9 beats it in the back row but that's about it. Best luck on your buying decision and I hope this was helpful. Overall I loved my CX-9 but was heart broken when it became a money pit."