2012 Mazda CX-7

7.8

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

I lease this vehicle and have approximately 21,000

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive. Stands up to the ZOOM ZOOM name!!!!"

Cons: "All listed in my review."

"Before I begin, believe me, I am an overall Mazda Zoom Zoom lover. The vehicle is beautiful and is indeed a nice ride. I have some suggestions for the powers that be. I had a Mazda 3 prior that had fog lights, however the CX-7 does not have that option, and should be standard for all vehicles. I have been told by the sales reps that daytime running lights is NOT an option for any Mazda vehicles and I thing it should be, which would save me a few dollars with the insurance company. Also, the AC level is not up to par and should be reevaluated. The interior has a very low grade look to it. I love the heated front seats, which should also be an option for the rear seats. The CX-7 has the space for the sun glass holder, yet it is just left there as an empty shell. This option is built into the CX-9. It would also be nice to have the mute button for the radio same as my Mazda 3 had. Believe me, I love Mazda through and through, I just had a few suggestions to improve the fleet."

Turbo Problem

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Drives perfect, smooth ride, beautiful vehicle."

Cons: "Short turbo life. expensive to replace."

"Beautiful vehicle. Leather heated seats, Great sound system, etc. Turbo went out with only 100,000 miles on it and had to purchase and replace it. I've heard many reports on this happening to people with even less mileage on vehicle. Very expensive to get repaired. Warranty did not cover. If no problems with turbo I would suggest to any and everyone."

Love this car!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Nothing, everything is great!"

"I recently bought this car. I love everything about it! It gets really great mpg, it is comfortable to drive. It rides really smooth and the turbo is a great bonus!"

bad gas miles for a 4cy

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "not all the goodies on this veh as what is on the"

Cons: "not all the goodies on dash what shown bad"

"thegas rating is not up to book facts the most i get is 20 mpg its a 4cy"

Luv it!

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, good visibility, comfortable"

Cons: "Road noise too loud, low gas mileage"

"Just the right size, comfortable. Handles the road well, exterior stylish looking, quality interior with great features."

great vehicle

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Cons: "road noise, but sound system takes care of that"

"I like this suv more now than when I bought it 6 yrs ago. It is a great mountain car, alot of fun on mountain trails where I live. Truely did not expect to keep it this long. I have no intentions of getting rid of it."

Kept this car longer than any car ever! Love it!

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Just the right size - fun to drive - dependable"

Cons: "No temperature or compass on my car :("

"I have enjoyed this car for over 5 years, the longest I've ever owned a car! It has been dependable, with consistent gas mileage of 20 - 21mpg around town. Love the exterior styling."

I hate this vehicle

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

"Everything that can go wrong has...new battery and front brakes before one year of ownership; new transmission at 60,000K, wheel bearing issues within two years of ownership, everything that needs repair is never the simple "on-the-surface" repair, i.e. a headlight out is really a wiring issue resulting in replacement of entire casing. What seemed to be an excellent value has cost me more than any two of my previously owned vehicles put together. I loved the looks and the ride but definitely all for show."

Big upside surprise for a former Lexus owner

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cons: "Rear shldr belt conn to roof so visible in mirror"

"I had decided that I was tired of big car payments and overpaying for Lexus cars (my previous 4 cars were Lexus). I did a lot of looking (found the seats on the Sorrento and Hyundai version very uncomfortable), the smaller SUVs from Toyota and Nissan to be uninspiring and luckily found the Mazda CX-7. I got an incredible deal on the Sport version, paying $2,500 less than MSRP along with zero percent financing for 60 months. Afer owning this for >2 months I have to say I am very pleased. Climate control, rear camera, moonroof, power driver's seat, and lots of little things make this car a very good ride and good value for the money. The mpg's are a bit lower than expected but I have done mostly city driving so that is expected (22 mpg but 25.5 mpg when I did a long hwy stint). I am not a fan of the tires so in this case I am glad the tires on new cars all wear out quickly. But having owned an RX300, RX330, GX470 and more recently an RH400 I fully expected to not be happy with whatever I got. Could it use a bit more pep? Yes. DO I wish the pasenger's seat was power, sure as my wife would appreciate it. But a lot of things just work with this car. It is fun to drive, handles pretty well and I love the fact that it is $20-25,000 LESS than the RX350. And that is before the zero percent financing. I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle."

Fun Driving Crossover!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Appearance, price, value, sportiness"

Cons: "A little underpowered"

"I've now had this car for a little over a year, this is my second Mazda. It is so much fun to drive! My girlfriend has a CRV, and I can't stand the sloppy steering, my CX is nimble with great road feedback. I love the sportshift on mountain and hilly roads. Gas mileage has been pretty decent, I drive mostly freeways and average 26 mpg, not so good around town, but a recent trip to Vegas got me almost 30! I do wish there was a little more power out of the 4cyl, but 95% of the time, it's plenty adequate. Love the Bluetooth and back up camera. I plan on doing what I did with my last Mazda, and driving it for ten years and racking up the miles! My protege only required oil, brakes, tires, belts, and a muffler in 150k miles, and I think my CX will do the same!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-7 near Honolulu. See local deals