2011 Mazda CX-7

7.7

Based on 327 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Reliable, comfortable, fun to drive, mileage OK

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "reliability and styling"

Cons: "MPG"

"Two years into this car and I have only had oil changes and windshield wiper replacements (and I live where we have had more than 100 days of 100f weather since I got the car, so I understand the wiper blade replacement). The MPG is much better on the Freeway than in the city, but it is still O.K. 22/29 average."

AWD great in Snow

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Turbo Power is good & Stable in Snow"

Cons: "Expensive to drive, Not reliable"

"I bought the AWD model of the '07 CX7 while living in snow country. It was great in the snow, but that's where Great ends with this car. It is now a burden, and cost a ton of money to drive and maintain. Having to use 91 Octane hurts the back, especially with the poor MPG (Avg. 16). The tires cost a fortune to replace and it seems there is always a repair needed when taking it in for an oil change. Have had numerous electrical issues with warning lights, CD not working and power window issues."

Excellent Value

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Handling is superior. Fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish it had a little more power. I came from a V8"

"I drove the Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRV. This CX7 was better in ride comfort , handling and blew them away on style. I haveonly changed my oil and nothing else. This Mazda is the best car I have ever owned. The only thing bad is everyone wants to hitch a ride with you."

Luxury Lemon

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"This cross-over looks sporty and sleek, it has a great looking first impression. However, get a couple thousand miles on it and that completey changes. Tire wear, check engine lights, bad turbo lag, and did I mention that this vehicle only take Super Unleaded fuel, bring your credit card to the pump! This vehicle has unlimited potential, but the 2007 model is a bust. I think Mazda did a lot of fixing and tweaking with newer models, but 2007 is such a lemon!"

Disappointments

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cons: "Overpriced & Overrated."

"This Mazda cx7 with Turbo costs way too much in fuel considering other vehicle types on the market in this price range and trim package. Cannot use standard 87 octane gasoline and you can only use synthetic oils. You must also remember to idle the vehicle after each trip prior to turning off the engine. The technologies afforded this touring model are difficult to understand even with the owners manual and quick start guide. Road noise is highly prevalent and the interior finish collects dust daily during normal operation. It's back up camera gives an image that is squatty. Of course, these are my observations and opinions. It would be more fuel efficient for anyone considering to purchase a vehicle and more cost effective to buy an older model vehicle and not on credit. 'Buy an old one. Fix it up and keep it running.'"

Quality that feels like a Luxury vehicle

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Attractive Exterior and Interior, Spacious, Smooth"

Cons: "Front Wheel drive (not full)"

"Move over Lexus. This SUV is beautiful and worth every penny. We have our first baby expected in May and it feels great to have a safe reliable vehicle. And...I love the look and gadgets."

I lease this vehicle and have approximately 21,000

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive. Stands up to the ZOOM ZOOM name!!!!"

Cons: "All listed in my review."

"Before I begin, believe me, I am an overall Mazda Zoom Zoom lover. The vehicle is beautiful and is indeed a nice ride. I have some suggestions for the powers that be. I had a Mazda 3 prior that had fog lights, however the CX-7 does not have that option, and should be standard for all vehicles. I have been told by the sales reps that daytime running lights is NOT an option for any Mazda vehicles and I thing it should be, which would save me a few dollars with the insurance company. Also, the AC level is not up to par and should be reevaluated. The interior has a very low grade look to it. I love the heated front seats, which should also be an option for the rear seats. The CX-7 has the space for the sun glass holder, yet it is just left there as an empty shell. This option is built into the CX-9. It would also be nice to have the mute button for the radio same as my Mazda 3 had. Believe me, I love Mazda through and through, I just had a few suggestions to improve the fleet."

Turbo Problem

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Drives perfect, smooth ride, beautiful vehicle."

Cons: "Short turbo life. expensive to replace."

"Beautiful vehicle. Leather heated seats, Great sound system, etc. Turbo went out with only 100,000 miles on it and had to purchase and replace it. I've heard many reports on this happening to people with even less mileage on vehicle. Very expensive to get repaired. Warranty did not cover. If no problems with turbo I would suggest to any and everyone."

Love this car!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Nothing, everything is great!"

"I recently bought this car. I love everything about it! It gets really great mpg, it is comfortable to drive. It rides really smooth and the turbo is a great bonus!"

bad gas miles for a 4cy

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "not all the goodies on this veh as what is on the"

Cons: "not all the goodies on dash what shown bad"

"thegas rating is not up to book facts the most i get is 20 mpg its a 4cy"

Luv it!

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, good visibility, comfortable"

Cons: "Road noise too loud, low gas mileage"

"Just the right size, comfortable. Handles the road well, exterior stylish looking, quality interior with great features."

great vehicle

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Cons: "road noise, but sound system takes care of that"

"I like this suv more now than when I bought it 6 yrs ago. It is a great mountain car, alot of fun on mountain trails where I live. Truely did not expect to keep it this long. I have no intentions of getting rid of it."

Kept this car longer than any car ever! Love it!

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Just the right size - fun to drive - dependable"

Cons: "No temperature or compass on my car :("

"I have enjoyed this car for over 5 years, the longest I've ever owned a car! It has been dependable, with consistent gas mileage of 20 - 21mpg around town. Love the exterior styling."

I hate this vehicle

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

"Everything that can go wrong has...new battery and front brakes before one year of ownership; new transmission at 60,000K, wheel bearing issues within two years of ownership, everything that needs repair is never the simple "on-the-surface" repair, i.e. a headlight out is really a wiring issue resulting in replacement of entire casing. What seemed to be an excellent value has cost me more than any two of my previously owned vehicles put together. I loved the looks and the ride but definitely all for show."

Big upside surprise for a former Lexus owner

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cons: "Rear shldr belt conn to roof so visible in mirror"

"I had decided that I was tired of big car payments and overpaying for Lexus cars (my previous 4 cars were Lexus). I did a lot of looking (found the seats on the Sorrento and Hyundai version very uncomfortable), the smaller SUVs from Toyota and Nissan to be uninspiring and luckily found the Mazda CX-7. I got an incredible deal on the Sport version, paying $2,500 less than MSRP along with zero percent financing for 60 months. Afer owning this for >2 months I have to say I am very pleased. Climate control, rear camera, moonroof, power driver's seat, and lots of little things make this car a very good ride and good value for the money. The mpg's are a bit lower than expected but I have done mostly city driving so that is expected (22 mpg but 25.5 mpg when I did a long hwy stint). I am not a fan of the tires so in this case I am glad the tires on new cars all wear out quickly. But having owned an RX300, RX330, GX470 and more recently an RH400 I fully expected to not be happy with whatever I got. Could it use a bit more pep? Yes. DO I wish the pasenger's seat was power, sure as my wife would appreciate it. But a lot of things just work with this car. It is fun to drive, handles pretty well and I love the fact that it is $20-25,000 LESS than the RX350. And that is before the zero percent financing. I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle."

Fun Driving Crossover!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Appearance, price, value, sportiness"

Cons: "A little underpowered"

"I've now had this car for a little over a year, this is my second Mazda. It is so much fun to drive! My girlfriend has a CRV, and I can't stand the sloppy steering, my CX is nimble with great road feedback. I love the sportshift on mountain and hilly roads. Gas mileage has been pretty decent, I drive mostly freeways and average 26 mpg, not so good around town, but a recent trip to Vegas got me almost 30! I do wish there was a little more power out of the 4cyl, but 95% of the time, it's plenty adequate. Love the Bluetooth and back up camera. I plan on doing what I did with my last Mazda, and driving it for ten years and racking up the miles! My protege only required oil, brakes, tires, belts, and a muffler in 150k miles, and I think my CX will do the same!"

Replaced my minivan!!

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "none yet!"

"I just bought this car in June. It has about 4500 miles on it and I love it. The only problem has been that we've already had to have the rotors smoothed - the brakes were pulsating at 60 mph. Other than that, I've got no complaints. I looked at alot of other cars before buying my CX7 and the CX7 had the most options at the best price."

Maintenance Costs have been ridiculous!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "great driving vehicle. sporty and comfortable"

Cons: "low mileage and too many breakdowns!"

"I own a 2007 Cx-7. At 30,000 miles the AC Compressor burnt up. Was told this is common in this vehicle. At 38,000 I am having to replace the timing belt at $1500 /_ Very unhappy with my car at this time. I am looking into trading ASAP. Very disappointed and will not buy another Mazda product."

Driving it until the wheels fall off

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Great cargo, styling, fun and comfy to drive"

Cons: "brakes, premium gas, no MP3 plug"

"This is my 9th car.... I have had it almost the longest of any car I have driven. I love it. It is zippy, good in snow, people think it is a Lexus. It has great cargo room for the class of 07 smaller SUVs. We take it everywhere. We pile in our two medium/large sized dogs and put the bikes on the back and go. I drive regionally as a sales rep and this car has been from Philly to Maine and back to CT in a week. We live 600 hundred feet in elevation over our town and having AWD is a necessity in the winter. I never worry about getting stuck. Things I would change. Original tires wore out fast... brakes are garbage and have to be fix/replaced early and often but I understand that is the Chinese steel everyone is making them from these days. Not great storage for stuff out of site. Wish it had a cargo rack and it takes premuim gas and the mileage isn't so wonderful."

Fun, sporty and practical

By on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Have had this CX7 for 2.5 years (29k miles). Bought it new and it has been a source of fun driving experience, sporty handling and extremely practical. Did replace worn out tires at 25k miles with Bridgestone Blizzaks for the snow in the Reno area. These new tires are great. The CX7 does everything I need it to: haul lumber and tools at times, go on long trips, go safely through snow in the mountain passes, accelerate very well, etc. The AC works very well too. Bose sound system is very adequate. Would have liked an IPod interface though. The heated seats are great and very comfortable. Enough room for all the passengers. Good cargo volume with rear seat up or down. Not a single mechanical problem. Very reliable. The local dealer is great. Oil changes in the same morning with shuttle service to my office. Did add fog lights and splash guards which were worth the money. Can't think of anything major to critize. Yes, it uses premium, but it is worth the little extra expense for the driving fun it provides. Would have liked to get two additional things: a rear view camera or proximity sensor, but it was not available for this model and some driver input control over when it goes into 4WD, ie: a button on the dash to engage 4WD. It is a great nimble, fun and practical car at a very good price."

By on Friday, April 23, 2010

"The Turbo is very powerful & ready whenever you need it!"

Solid performer

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"This is the first vehicle that I have ever own that I actually want to keep driving after putting 42K miles in the rear view mirror. Oil changes are not an easy thing on this car; the mechanic at Jiffy Lube allways seems to have a problem with the oil filter. Besides that, the car is a solid vehicle with great handling and accelation characteristics. It is a blast to drive, I can honestly say this because my previous vehicle was a Mazda RX-8."

Love it

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"I bought my vehicle in Nov06, and have had only minor issues with it. I enjoy driving it everyday. Yes, I agree Mazda should have done a better job on the wind noise. I wonder if the people who said it only has one charger up front, have found the one in the center console."

absolutely love

By on Thursday, March 26, 2009

"I love the power of this vehicle. It out performed all the v-6 engines I test drove and I'm always the first off the light. I LOVE THIS CAR. My only complaint is that the roof is low and not a comfortable ride for anyone over 5'8."

Best Car I ever owned Ne or used !

By on Saturday, March 07, 2009

"I have only had this vehicle for 3 month's (Winter month's) and it has far surpassed my expectations for a vehicle in the price range I got it for. It had one owner a busines 2-year lease or owner who followed the suggested servicing rules layed out by Mazda. As far as I am concerned I got a brand new 32k CX-7 grand Touring SUV for 20k with no strings attached. I got moe than I paid for. I'll let you know in two years how I feeel then. I would not wast your time for my 2-year evaluation when I know without a doubt I got the best. This is my 3rd Mazda, a B4000 truck, a CX-5 Crosover, and now the CX-7. Take it for me your in the right place if your looking for your money's worth in a vehicle"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-7 near Honolulu. See local deals