2011 Mazda CX-7

7.7

Based on 327 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Reliable, comfortable, fun to drive, mileage OK

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "reliability and styling"

Cons: "MPG"

"Two years into this car and I have only had oil changes and windshield wiper replacements (and I live where we have had more than 100 days of 100f weather since I got the car, so I understand the wiper blade replacement). The MPG is much better on the Freeway than in the city, but it is still O.K. 22/29 average."

Excellent Value

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Handling is superior. Fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish it had a little more power. I came from a V8"

"I drove the Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRV. This CX7 was better in ride comfort , handling and blew them away on style. I haveonly changed my oil and nothing else. This Mazda is the best car I have ever owned. The only thing bad is everyone wants to hitch a ride with you."

Luxury Lemon

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"This cross-over looks sporty and sleek, it has a great looking first impression. However, get a couple thousand miles on it and that completey changes. Tire wear, check engine lights, bad turbo lag, and did I mention that this vehicle only take Super Unleaded fuel, bring your credit card to the pump! This vehicle has unlimited potential, but the 2007 model is a bust. I think Mazda did a lot of fixing and tweaking with newer models, but 2007 is such a lemon!"

AWD great in Snow

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Turbo Power is good & Stable in Snow"

Cons: "Expensive to drive, Not reliable"

"I bought the AWD model of the '07 CX7 while living in snow country. It was great in the snow, but that's where Great ends with this car. It is now a burden, and cost a ton of money to drive and maintain. Having to use 91 Octane hurts the back, especially with the poor MPG (Avg. 16). The tires cost a fortune to replace and it seems there is always a repair needed when taking it in for an oil change. Have had numerous electrical issues with warning lights, CD not working and power window issues."

Disappointments

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cons: "Overpriced & Overrated."

"This Mazda cx7 with Turbo costs way too much in fuel considering other vehicle types on the market in this price range and trim package. Cannot use standard 87 octane gasoline and you can only use synthetic oils. You must also remember to idle the vehicle after each trip prior to turning off the engine. The technologies afforded this touring model are difficult to understand even with the owners manual and quick start guide. Road noise is highly prevalent and the interior finish collects dust daily during normal operation. It's back up camera gives an image that is squatty. Of course, these are my observations and opinions. It would be more fuel efficient for anyone considering to purchase a vehicle and more cost effective to buy an older model vehicle and not on credit. 'Buy an old one. Fix it up and keep it running.'"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-7 near Honolulu. See local deals