2009 Mazda CX-7

7.7

Based on 327 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Reliable, comfortable, fun to drive, mileage OK

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "reliability and styling"

Cons: "MPG"

"Two years into this car and I have only had oil changes and windshield wiper replacements (and I live where we have had more than 100 days of 100f weather since I got the car, so I understand the wiper blade replacement). The MPG is much better on the Freeway than in the city, but it is still O.K. 22/29 average."

Luxury Lemon

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"This cross-over looks sporty and sleek, it has a great looking first impression. However, get a couple thousand miles on it and that completey changes. Tire wear, check engine lights, bad turbo lag, and did I mention that this vehicle only take Super Unleaded fuel, bring your credit card to the pump! This vehicle has unlimited potential, but the 2007 model is a bust. I think Mazda did a lot of fixing and tweaking with newer models, but 2007 is such a lemon!"

AWD great in Snow

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Turbo Power is good & Stable in Snow"

Cons: "Expensive to drive, Not reliable"

"I bought the AWD model of the '07 CX7 while living in snow country. It was great in the snow, but that's where Great ends with this car. It is now a burden, and cost a ton of money to drive and maintain. Having to use 91 Octane hurts the back, especially with the poor MPG (Avg. 16). The tires cost a fortune to replace and it seems there is always a repair needed when taking it in for an oil change. Have had numerous electrical issues with warning lights, CD not working and power window issues."

Excellent Value

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Handling is superior. Fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish it had a little more power. I came from a V8"

"I drove the Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRV. This CX7 was better in ride comfort , handling and blew them away on style. I haveonly changed my oil and nothing else. This Mazda is the best car I have ever owned. The only thing bad is everyone wants to hitch a ride with you."

Disappointments

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cons: "Overpriced & Overrated."

"This Mazda cx7 with Turbo costs way too much in fuel considering other vehicle types on the market in this price range and trim package. Cannot use standard 87 octane gasoline and you can only use synthetic oils. You must also remember to idle the vehicle after each trip prior to turning off the engine. The technologies afforded this touring model are difficult to understand even with the owners manual and quick start guide. Road noise is highly prevalent and the interior finish collects dust daily during normal operation. It's back up camera gives an image that is squatty. Of course, these are my observations and opinions. It would be more fuel efficient for anyone considering to purchase a vehicle and more cost effective to buy an older model vehicle and not on credit. 'Buy an old one. Fix it up and keep it running.'"

Quality that feels like a Luxury vehicle

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Attractive Exterior and Interior, Spacious, Smooth"

Cons: "Front Wheel drive (not full)"

"Move over Lexus. This SUV is beautiful and worth every penny. We have our first baby expected in May and it feels great to have a safe reliable vehicle. And...I love the look and gadgets."

I lease this vehicle and have approximately 21,000

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive. Stands up to the ZOOM ZOOM name!!!!"

Cons: "All listed in my review."

"Before I begin, believe me, I am an overall Mazda Zoom Zoom lover. The vehicle is beautiful and is indeed a nice ride. I have some suggestions for the powers that be. I had a Mazda 3 prior that had fog lights, however the CX-7 does not have that option, and should be standard for all vehicles. I have been told by the sales reps that daytime running lights is NOT an option for any Mazda vehicles and I thing it should be, which would save me a few dollars with the insurance company. Also, the AC level is not up to par and should be reevaluated. The interior has a very low grade look to it. I love the heated front seats, which should also be an option for the rear seats. The CX-7 has the space for the sun glass holder, yet it is just left there as an empty shell. This option is built into the CX-9. It would also be nice to have the mute button for the radio same as my Mazda 3 had. Believe me, I love Mazda through and through, I just had a few suggestions to improve the fleet."

Turbo Problem

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Drives perfect, smooth ride, beautiful vehicle."

Cons: "Short turbo life. expensive to replace."

"Beautiful vehicle. Leather heated seats, Great sound system, etc. Turbo went out with only 100,000 miles on it and had to purchase and replace it. I've heard many reports on this happening to people with even less mileage on vehicle. Very expensive to get repaired. Warranty did not cover. If no problems with turbo I would suggest to any and everyone."

Love this car!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Nothing, everything is great!"

"I recently bought this car. I love everything about it! It gets really great mpg, it is comfortable to drive. It rides really smooth and the turbo is a great bonus!"

bad gas miles for a 4cy

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "not all the goodies on this veh as what is on the"

Cons: "not all the goodies on dash what shown bad"

"thegas rating is not up to book facts the most i get is 20 mpg its a 4cy"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-7 near Honolulu. See local deals