2008 Mazda CX-7

7.8

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Love this car!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Nothing, everything is great!"

"I recently bought this car. I love everything about it! It gets really great mpg, it is comfortable to drive. It rides really smooth and the turbo is a great bonus!"

Luv it!

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, good visibility, comfortable"

Cons: "Road noise too loud, low gas mileage"

"Just the right size, comfortable. Handles the road well, exterior stylish looking, quality interior with great features."

great vehicle

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Cons: "road noise, but sound system takes care of that"

"I like this suv more now than when I bought it 6 yrs ago. It is a great mountain car, alot of fun on mountain trails where I live. Truely did not expect to keep it this long. I have no intentions of getting rid of it."

Kept this car longer than any car ever! Love it!

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Just the right size - fun to drive - dependable"

Cons: "No temperature or compass on my car :("

"I have enjoyed this car for over 5 years, the longest I've ever owned a car! It has been dependable, with consistent gas mileage of 20 - 21mpg around town. Love the exterior styling."

I hate this vehicle

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

"Everything that can go wrong has...new battery and front brakes before one year of ownership; new transmission at 60,000K, wheel bearing issues within two years of ownership, everything that needs repair is never the simple "on-the-surface" repair, i.e. a headlight out is really a wiring issue resulting in replacement of entire casing. What seemed to be an excellent value has cost me more than any two of my previously owned vehicles put together. I loved the looks and the ride but definitely all for show."

Big upside surprise for a former Lexus owner

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cons: "Rear shldr belt conn to roof so visible in mirror"

"I had decided that I was tired of big car payments and overpaying for Lexus cars (my previous 4 cars were Lexus). I did a lot of looking (found the seats on the Sorrento and Hyundai version very uncomfortable), the smaller SUVs from Toyota and Nissan to be uninspiring and luckily found the Mazda CX-7. I got an incredible deal on the Sport version, paying $2,500 less than MSRP along with zero percent financing for 60 months. Afer owning this for >2 months I have to say I am very pleased. Climate control, rear camera, moonroof, power driver's seat, and lots of little things make this car a very good ride and good value for the money. The mpg's are a bit lower than expected but I have done mostly city driving so that is expected (22 mpg but 25.5 mpg when I did a long hwy stint). I am not a fan of the tires so in this case I am glad the tires on new cars all wear out quickly. But having owned an RX300, RX330, GX470 and more recently an RH400 I fully expected to not be happy with whatever I got. Could it use a bit more pep? Yes. DO I wish the pasenger's seat was power, sure as my wife would appreciate it. But a lot of things just work with this car. It is fun to drive, handles pretty well and I love the fact that it is $20-25,000 LESS than the RX350. And that is before the zero percent financing. I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle."

Love our CX-7

By on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pros: "Fast, Fun Ride"

Cons: "a bit loud on the HWY"

"Lets just say we are a family who travels a lot. Since we bought her back in 2010 our CX-7 has been nothing but fantastic!! We have not had any issues and have kept up on all the maintenance! The ONLY thing I may have to say is that can be a somewhat loud ride on the highway but def. nothing to stop me from buying another Mazda!!"

Fun Driving Crossover!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Appearance, price, value, sportiness"

Cons: "A little underpowered"

"I've now had this car for a little over a year, this is my second Mazda. It is so much fun to drive! My girlfriend has a CRV, and I can't stand the sloppy steering, my CX is nimble with great road feedback. I love the sportshift on mountain and hilly roads. Gas mileage has been pretty decent, I drive mostly freeways and average 26 mpg, not so good around town, but a recent trip to Vegas got me almost 30! I do wish there was a little more power out of the 4cyl, but 95% of the time, it's plenty adequate. Love the Bluetooth and back up camera. I plan on doing what I did with my last Mazda, and driving it for ten years and racking up the miles! My protege only required oil, brakes, tires, belts, and a muffler in 150k miles, and I think my CX will do the same!"

Replaced my minivan!!

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "none yet!"

"I just bought this car in June. It has about 4500 miles on it and I love it. The only problem has been that we've already had to have the rotors smoothed - the brakes were pulsating at 60 mph. Other than that, I've got no complaints. I looked at alot of other cars before buying my CX7 and the CX7 had the most options at the best price."

Driving it until the wheels fall off

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Great cargo, styling, fun and comfy to drive"

Cons: "brakes, premium gas, no MP3 plug"

"This is my 9th car.... I have had it almost the longest of any car I have driven. I love it. It is zippy, good in snow, people think it is a Lexus. It has great cargo room for the class of 07 smaller SUVs. We take it everywhere. We pile in our two medium/large sized dogs and put the bikes on the back and go. I drive regionally as a sales rep and this car has been from Philly to Maine and back to CT in a week. We live 600 hundred feet in elevation over our town and having AWD is a necessity in the winter. I never worry about getting stuck. Things I would change. Original tires wore out fast... brakes are garbage and have to be fix/replaced early and often but I understand that is the Chinese steel everyone is making them from these days. Not great storage for stuff out of site. Wish it had a cargo rack and it takes premuim gas and the mileage isn't so wonderful."

Fun, sporty and practical

By on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Have had this CX7 for 2.5 years (29k miles). Bought it new and it has been a source of fun driving experience, sporty handling and extremely practical. Did replace worn out tires at 25k miles with Bridgestone Blizzaks for the snow in the Reno area. These new tires are great. The CX7 does everything I need it to: haul lumber and tools at times, go on long trips, go safely through snow in the mountain passes, accelerate very well, etc. The AC works very well too. Bose sound system is very adequate. Would have liked an IPod interface though. The heated seats are great and very comfortable. Enough room for all the passengers. Good cargo volume with rear seat up or down. Not a single mechanical problem. Very reliable. The local dealer is great. Oil changes in the same morning with shuttle service to my office. Did add fog lights and splash guards which were worth the money. Can't think of anything major to critize. Yes, it uses premium, but it is worth the little extra expense for the driving fun it provides. Would have liked to get two additional things: a rear view camera or proximity sensor, but it was not available for this model and some driver input control over when it goes into 4WD, ie: a button on the dash to engage 4WD. It is a great nimble, fun and practical car at a very good price."

By on Friday, April 23, 2010

"The Turbo is very powerful & ready whenever you need it!"

Solid performer

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"This is the first vehicle that I have ever own that I actually want to keep driving after putting 42K miles in the rear view mirror. Oil changes are not an easy thing on this car; the mechanic at Jiffy Lube allways seems to have a problem with the oil filter. Besides that, the car is a solid vehicle with great handling and accelation characteristics. It is a blast to drive, I can honestly say this because my previous vehicle was a Mazda RX-8."

Love it

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"I bought my vehicle in Nov06, and have had only minor issues with it. I enjoy driving it everyday. Yes, I agree Mazda should have done a better job on the wind noise. I wonder if the people who said it only has one charger up front, have found the one in the center console."

absolutely love

By on Thursday, March 26, 2009

"I love the power of this vehicle. It out performed all the v-6 engines I test drove and I'm always the first off the light. I LOVE THIS CAR. My only complaint is that the roof is low and not a comfortable ride for anyone over 5'8."

Best Car I ever owned Ne or used !

By on Saturday, March 07, 2009

"I have only had this vehicle for 3 month's (Winter month's) and it has far surpassed my expectations for a vehicle in the price range I got it for. It had one owner a busines 2-year lease or owner who followed the suggested servicing rules layed out by Mazda. As far as I am concerned I got a brand new 32k CX-7 grand Touring SUV for 20k with no strings attached. I got moe than I paid for. I'll let you know in two years how I feeel then. I would not wast your time for my 2-year evaluation when I know without a doubt I got the best. This is my 3rd Mazda, a B4000 truck, a CX-5 Crosover, and now the CX-7. Take it for me your in the right place if your looking for your money's worth in a vehicle"

great car

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Only compromise with this car is towing capability, because of the 4 cyl and low torque. Other than that, it gets better gas mileage than my wife's RX8 which only gets 19mpg and the cx7 usually feels like it runs better because the turbo kicks in pretty quick. People complaining about the gas mileage probably have it revving in the turbo range a lot, or drive a lot of hills or stop and go. On the highway you can get about 24 mpg, but in the city and when you are doing a lot of quick starts and hard stops it can drop as low as 15 or so because the turbo really sucks gas. The manual mode shift is awesome for highway passing, just drop it down to 4th or 5th and pass pretty much anybody in the way. This car is comparable to most vehicles several thousand dollars more expensive."

I hate this car!

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"My husband and I both leased this vehicle in February of 08'. Both of us HATE this car! Our main complaints are: Not fuel efficient at all... At a minimum I drive 40 miles a day (To and from work) thats a quarter tank of gas right there! Plus the car requires Premium fuel for the best torque results. Pick up: There about a 3-4 second delay for any pick up. You have to floor it to get any results. I use three highways , twice a day and quick pick up is a must.. Not with this car! I had a Nissan Murano and I kick myself on a daily that I didnt keep the car. What a difference in pick up, noise and fuel. The engine in the CX7 is soooo loud and you feel each shift in gears. When you try to slow down gradually, you feel the car rock back and fourth. Needless to say we are trying to get out of our leases. When you test drive this vehicle, take it out on the highway dont make our mistake and test it on the street. There's a big difference!"

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Overall decent vehicle. Real world MPG is about 21 combined. Had a great lease deal, so no regrets. A few cons to consider would be: An initial "thunk" sound when the front windows are put down... they go down a quick inch, pause, then continue down. The other minor annoyance is the sound the AC compressor makes when you're sitting still or idling. You can hear it very audibly turning on and off every 10 seconds or so. Other than that, LOTS of room in the back, rear seats go down flat and easily. Good entry level crossover, with lots of standard options."

Dont buy!!!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I am not a huge fan of my '07 CX-7 Grand Touring. First, I am getting AWFULL fuel economy. 15-17 mpg in the AWD. I worked for Mazda, and internally they know there are flaws with this vehicle. Ride is a little rough, but great performance. But, with the rising cost of gas, and the fact it takes premium, not worth the investment. Also, over this year, it took a huge hit as far as resale. Bought for $32,000 8 months ago, now worth $24,000."

The CX-7 rocks!!

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I love my car. The '07s had a couple kinks that got fixed and I've had no problems with my '08. It looks awesome, drives great, is very comfortable, it's great. I got it to hold my family of four better than my last car and it has exceeded every expecation. My kids love it, we love it, it does everything with Zoom-Zoom while looking great and at the best price. Get one, you'll love it!"

I like it, buttttt

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I have owned the CX-7 since Oct. 2007. I don't know what all these people are talking about regarding mileage! I consistently average 23-25 mpg on the freeway and just last month got 27 mpg on a long trip! My only complaint is the ride. The suspension is a little too tight for me. I too had the engine light problem in the beginning but the third time was a charm when I took it to the dealer. They were always extremely nice and always gave me a free car to drive. Some of the interior is a little cheesy (the fake nickel trim) but overall the car drives extremely well and you couldn't ask for better brakes! For the price it is an excellent value."

Worth the money

By on Sunday, February 17, 2008

"Just past one year of ownership. The commercials do not live up to the vehicle, it's racy, stylish, fun to drive. Would purchase all over again !!!!It definitly has ZOOM ZOOM"

35000 miles

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"I have had this carnow for 19mos. It was one of the first batch out of my dealership. After 35000 miles still love the car I have had some problems though...all were addressed and taken care of by dealer. Some of the problems repeated in the beginning ie Eng warning light...trie pressure warning....computer shifting problem ...gas cap...gas filler. As far as safety it was hit in an intersection by 2006 Honda accord in the driverside fr wheel area. approx 2500 damage to honda.....135.oo...(a scratched wheel) on Mazda. Love the car..."

dont buy

By on Sunday, January 20, 2008

"we have leased this vehicle for a year on a 2 year lease and will be getting rid of it soon has good and bad qualities but the bad out way the good. The milage is not good 18 in town 21 on the road takes premium gas, road noise on freeway is unexceptable plows real bad on snow covered roads rides rough navigation takes a 4 year degree to understand even the dealer counld not show us!! the owners manual for the nav is small print and as clear as mud!!great looking car though we get lots of comments handles good good power"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-7 near Honolulu. See local deals