2008 Mazda CX-7

7.7

Based on 327 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

I lease this vehicle and have approximately 21,000

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive. Stands up to the ZOOM ZOOM name!!!!"

Cons: "All listed in my review."

"Before I begin, believe me, I am an overall Mazda Zoom Zoom lover. The vehicle is beautiful and is indeed a nice ride. I have some suggestions for the powers that be. I had a Mazda 3 prior that had fog lights, however the CX-7 does not have that option, and should be standard for all vehicles. I have been told by the sales reps that daytime running lights is NOT an option for any Mazda vehicles and I thing it should be, which would save me a few dollars with the insurance company. Also, the AC level is not up to par and should be reevaluated. The interior has a very low grade look to it. I love the heated front seats, which should also be an option for the rear seats. The CX-7 has the space for the sun glass holder, yet it is just left there as an empty shell. This option is built into the CX-9. It would also be nice to have the mute button for the radio same as my Mazda 3 had. Believe me, I love Mazda through and through, I just had a few suggestions to improve the fleet."

Only thing good is its fun to drive

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Too many to list!"

"54,000 miles and here are the problems. Ticking at start up and while cold. Air conditioner not cold. These are the third set of tires! Mpg is not good. Replaced fuel sensor and the CD player does not work. Service much below par."

overall very satisfied

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pros: "comfortable front and back. like the storage"

Cons: "large blind spot on right."

"have the four cyl version. very good for highway driving, except if windows get put down loud noise."

Best Car I ever bough

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Great price, easy to drive and handle, very roomy"

Cons: "No moon roof on mine, no child locks,"

"I drove this car from Iowa to Oregon which is like 1800 miles and I had no problems with it. I got great gas mileage while driving and I had my car packed to the roof. I loved this car since I test drove it. It doesnt have as much a blind spot as others I have test driven and It was decently priced. The only think I wish it did was lock the doors once you start driving and I wish it had a mooon roof but thats what I get for getting the cheapest one. If I trade it in, its gonna be for the same make and model but just newer. I am forever a Mazda lover. I have had this car for a year and love all of it. The only down side is that I wish it could have had more towing power."

Worst vehicle ever!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "none"

Cons: "total money pit and dont expect mazda to help.."

"As long as you don't mind 10/mph to the gallon, replacing the turbo, transmission, VVT, and timing belt sometimes multiple times than this is the car for you.. paid 17k for it used and have had 14k in repairs and it still runs terrible.. stay away.. you've been warned."

Good car for those transitioning from cars to SUVs

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cons: "Weak engine for the size of the car"

"I bought this car in December 2011. I've had it for 4 months now. It is a nice car, although I have to say the engine is a little too weak for it. It sounds just like mom's old Protege. I guess when you but an SUV you are expecting a little more manly sound under the hood. But I can't complaint too much because I'm getting good mileage in the city (about 21 MPG). Not much highway driving done yet. So far I've had no mechanical issues. The interior scratches easily, and I chose black exterior that also scratches easily. This is my first black car and my last one. Every little scratch shows in white! Inside it is very comfortable. The ride is smooth and fairly quiet. The bluetooth feature is awesome, I'm never again buying a car that doesn't have it. I also added the optional mirror with homelink, a must to keep the interior clean of loose accessories. If I could go back and make my selection again I would definitely add a cold weather package. Here in Chicago during the winter is nice when your mirrors stay dry even when it is snowing. I did not get the 4x4 and I have to say so far I do not regreat it. The car handles well in the snow as is and the fuel efficiency of this model is nice. Overall I'm satisfied with the car. My previous vehicle was a car (Passat) and I think my next one will also be a car. I guess I like cars better than SUVs, and aside from the occacional snow I do not really need an SUV."

Awful blind spot if you are short!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"I really love my CX-7 however there is one major thing I wish I realized before I bought the car. I am very short (under 5 feet) and the drivers side mirror is directly in my view when taking left hand turns, or even looking in that direction. With the seat at it's highest or lowest it is an awful blind spot for me and I wish I realized this when I test drove it. I have never had this problem with any other vehicle I have owned."

It is a great car, I love to drive this car.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

"Wonderful car, great value, a wonderful car to drive. Zoom Zoom lives up to the words."

Very haapy drive

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive"

Cons: "hated dealing with service department"

"We live in the D.C. area and drive in heavy traffic. Great highway driver. Good gas mileage (compared to '04 Murano traded-in. Great looks (Black Cherry/beige leather)"

By far one of the best cars I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, extensive options list"

Cons: "Poor fuel economy"

"I've had this car for just over a year and, apart from some somewhat glitchy electronics, there are no issues to date. When we bought this car, we actually went to look at a Subaru Forester. The price on the Mazda, however, beat it. It was a leftover from the previous model year and had many more options than the mid-level Forester. It's the S Grand Touring model with AWD, which comes standard with leather, heated mirrors and seats, blind spot monitoring system, auto-dimming rearview mirror with homelink, rain sensing wipers, a six disk in-dash CD/MP3 changer, navigation, smart key, rear-view camera, and the list goes on. We also added a Whispbar roof rack and cargo box that have thus far not affected the fuel economy. My only complaints are that the keys have freaked out a couple of times and has either not locked the car, unlocked the car, or allowed us to start the car. Other than that, we had to have the stereo head unit replaced under the warranty as it was constantly fading in and out."

Wonderful value for the price

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "rear seat room"

"quite surprised with over all comfort and quality. purchased with 15k miles after one owner and am very pleased. gas mileage so far isnt impressive but acceptable and rear seat a bit small for 3 adults. no surprises yet."

Wonderful value for the price

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "rear seat room"

Fun Car, Handles Great... Falls Apart.. JUNK

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Sporty, Looks Awesome"

Cons: "Breaks, Cheap Parts, Multiple Recalls, Money Eater"

"Well... We bought this car for our small family of 3, it is really fun to drive and it's sporty! Great car! Or so we thought, unfortunately we found out once this car is out of warranty everything breaks! :( The engine itself makes strange ticking noise, our A/C went out, the car has "died" randomly, the engine smokes from the tailpipes, turbo dies... All of these issues we found out were common problems which mazda issued recalls for... Unfortunatly once your car is out of warranty Mazda will not repair any of the recalled issues - a real bummer. (Go do some research on the CX-7 and reviews, you will find many people HATE this car solely due to the fact that the CX7's are plagued with MAJOR mechanical problems, especially the 2007 CX7's. All that said, I wish I hadn't paid what I did for this car... Fun to drive - Zoom Zoom! But a pain in the wallet, unfortunately I will never own or keep a Mazda that does not have an active warranty after I rid myself of this car - due to my problems with this car and Mazda not honoring known recalls... Anyway steer clear of this car unless you have deep pockets or the previous owner has already done work to correct the known issues."

Excellent performance, fast, stylish

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "fast, fun to drive, good power, roomy, utility goo"

Cons: "could be quieter"

"Great acceleration; Good ride; stylish; average interior road noise; local dealer could be better; low cost maintenance; good creature comforts."

It's okay

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "reliable engine, good cabin size"

Cons: "no AUX input, no V6, poor mileage, high octane req"

"In March 2011, I bought a used CX-7, after my previous car was totaled in an accident. I knew that I needed something bigger so I opted for the crossover styling of the CX-7. The interior features seem somewhat cheap. It's reliable, which is good. I wish it had an AUX port for my iPod. I do not like the fact hat you are required to use high grade fuel. I also do not like the low gase mileage. The engine is a 4 cylinder and it only gets about 19 miles per gallon. My previous car was a V6 and got about 25 miles per gallon."

great vehicle

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "great speed, reliable"

Cons: "have to use premium gas only"

"I bought my cx-7 new in 2007 and I love it. I have not had any major problems with other than a recall on something. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. It is very reliable. The only bad thing about it is you have to use premium gas"

bad turbo timing chain with recall notice

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Cons: "TOO MANY TO LIST SEE MAZDA CX7 ON LINE ABOUT OTHER"

"Mazda had a recall on 2 items turbo leaking oil mine 1 qt every 500 miles also the timing components we recieved the notice 2 weeks ago it was only good to 70000 miles. They would not help in any way!!!! I maintain records for every oil change fillup ect. I called Mazda corprate"

Overall a good car. Some minor annoyances.

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Keyless entry is really fussy sometimes. The ABS on this car is really not good."

Powerful

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

"Powerful Engine Comfortable Smart Design Reliable"

nice vehicle, but paid too much

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "looks nice inside and out"

Cons: "gadgets are not easy to access"

"interior leather is nice, but there is alot of plastic in this vehicle. i have always drove toyota's and regret that i downgraded to a mazda. i wanted an all wheel drive and thought this was all i could afford. i should have shopped around because i could have gotten a nicer vehicle for the price i paid for the cx 7"

Never had a single problem, mileage right on

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "very comfortable, reliable"

"No complaints at all"

Love this crossover!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"I have no complaints regarding this vehicle. Drives well in the snow, decent mileage, and comfortable ("

worst vehicle

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Nice leather and navigation"

Cons: "Mostly everything but the pros I wrote"

"bumpy,no pickup,hard to manage over 60mph"

I love this car

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, quick, comfortable"

Cons: "Have to use premium gas because it's got the turbo"

"I bought this car a few years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter. It has been a great car and I love it because it is super quick and very peppy. It's also a very good looking car. My husband has been trying to get me to trade it in and lease a vehicle to get rid of the loan but I just can't seem to part with this car. The only thing I don't care for is it doesn't have some features like my 2005 Ford explorer had, such as the temperature readings, doesn't tell me how many miles til empty for the gas and it only has one adapter outlet. Really wish I had two. Other than that the seats are super soft and comfortable and it's just spacious enough for everything I do with it. Overall I love my car and plan on having it for a few years longer."

Maintenance Costs have been ridiculous!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "great driving vehicle. sporty and comfortable"

Cons: "low mileage and too many breakdowns!"

"I own a 2007 Cx-7. At 30,000 miles the AC Compressor burnt up. Was told this is common in this vehicle. At 38,000 I am having to replace the timing belt at $1500 /_ Very unhappy with my car at this time. I am looking into trading ASAP. Very disappointed and will not buy another Mazda product."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-7 near Honolulu. See local deals