2008 Mazda CX-7

7.8

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Fun, sporty and practical

By on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Have had this CX7 for 2.5 years (29k miles). Bought it new and it has been a source of fun driving experience, sporty handling and extremely practical. Did replace worn out tires at 25k miles with Bridgestone Blizzaks for the snow in the Reno area. These new tires are great. The CX7 does everything I need it to: haul lumber and tools at times, go on long trips, go safely through snow in the mountain passes, accelerate very well, etc. The AC works very well too. Bose sound system is very adequate. Would have liked an IPod interface though. The heated seats are great and very comfortable. Enough room for all the passengers. Good cargo volume with rear seat up or down. Not a single mechanical problem. Very reliable. The local dealer is great. Oil changes in the same morning with shuttle service to my office. Did add fog lights and splash guards which were worth the money. Can't think of anything major to critize. Yes, it uses premium, but it is worth the little extra expense for the driving fun it provides. Would have liked to get two additional things: a rear view camera or proximity sensor, but it was not available for this model and some driver input control over when it goes into 4WD, ie: a button on the dash to engage 4WD. It is a great nimble, fun and practical car at a very good price."

By on Friday, April 23, 2010

"The Turbo is very powerful & ready whenever you need it!"

Solid performer

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"This is the first vehicle that I have ever own that I actually want to keep driving after putting 42K miles in the rear view mirror. Oil changes are not an easy thing on this car; the mechanic at Jiffy Lube allways seems to have a problem with the oil filter. Besides that, the car is a solid vehicle with great handling and accelation characteristics. It is a blast to drive, I can honestly say this because my previous vehicle was a Mazda RX-8."

Love it

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"I bought my vehicle in Nov06, and have had only minor issues with it. I enjoy driving it everyday. Yes, I agree Mazda should have done a better job on the wind noise. I wonder if the people who said it only has one charger up front, have found the one in the center console."

absolutely love

By on Thursday, March 26, 2009

"I love the power of this vehicle. It out performed all the v-6 engines I test drove and I'm always the first off the light. I LOVE THIS CAR. My only complaint is that the roof is low and not a comfortable ride for anyone over 5'8."

Best Car I ever owned Ne or used !

By on Saturday, March 07, 2009

"I have only had this vehicle for 3 month's (Winter month's) and it has far surpassed my expectations for a vehicle in the price range I got it for. It had one owner a busines 2-year lease or owner who followed the suggested servicing rules layed out by Mazda. As far as I am concerned I got a brand new 32k CX-7 grand Touring SUV for 20k with no strings attached. I got moe than I paid for. I'll let you know in two years how I feeel then. I would not wast your time for my 2-year evaluation when I know without a doubt I got the best. This is my 3rd Mazda, a B4000 truck, a CX-5 Crosover, and now the CX-7. Take it for me your in the right place if your looking for your money's worth in a vehicle"

great car

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Only compromise with this car is towing capability, because of the 4 cyl and low torque. Other than that, it gets better gas mileage than my wife's RX8 which only gets 19mpg and the cx7 usually feels like it runs better because the turbo kicks in pretty quick. People complaining about the gas mileage probably have it revving in the turbo range a lot, or drive a lot of hills or stop and go. On the highway you can get about 24 mpg, but in the city and when you are doing a lot of quick starts and hard stops it can drop as low as 15 or so because the turbo really sucks gas. The manual mode shift is awesome for highway passing, just drop it down to 4th or 5th and pass pretty much anybody in the way. This car is comparable to most vehicles several thousand dollars more expensive."

I hate this car!

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"My husband and I both leased this vehicle in February of 08'. Both of us HATE this car! Our main complaints are: Not fuel efficient at all... At a minimum I drive 40 miles a day (To and from work) thats a quarter tank of gas right there! Plus the car requires Premium fuel for the best torque results. Pick up: There about a 3-4 second delay for any pick up. You have to floor it to get any results. I use three highways , twice a day and quick pick up is a must.. Not with this car! I had a Nissan Murano and I kick myself on a daily that I didnt keep the car. What a difference in pick up, noise and fuel. The engine in the CX7 is soooo loud and you feel each shift in gears. When you try to slow down gradually, you feel the car rock back and fourth. Needless to say we are trying to get out of our leases. When you test drive this vehicle, take it out on the highway dont make our mistake and test it on the street. There's a big difference!"

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Overall decent vehicle. Real world MPG is about 21 combined. Had a great lease deal, so no regrets. A few cons to consider would be: An initial "thunk" sound when the front windows are put down... they go down a quick inch, pause, then continue down. The other minor annoyance is the sound the AC compressor makes when you're sitting still or idling. You can hear it very audibly turning on and off every 10 seconds or so. Other than that, LOTS of room in the back, rear seats go down flat and easily. Good entry level crossover, with lots of standard options."

Dont buy!!!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I am not a huge fan of my '07 CX-7 Grand Touring. First, I am getting AWFULL fuel economy. 15-17 mpg in the AWD. I worked for Mazda, and internally they know there are flaws with this vehicle. Ride is a little rough, but great performance. But, with the rising cost of gas, and the fact it takes premium, not worth the investment. Also, over this year, it took a huge hit as far as resale. Bought for $32,000 8 months ago, now worth $24,000."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-7 near Honolulu. See local deals