2008 Mazda CX-7

7.8

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Maintenance Costs have been ridiculous!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "great driving vehicle. sporty and comfortable"

Cons: "low mileage and too many breakdowns!"

"I own a 2007 Cx-7. At 30,000 miles the AC Compressor burnt up. Was told this is common in this vehicle. At 38,000 I am having to replace the timing belt at $1500 /_ Very unhappy with my car at this time. I am looking into trading ASAP. Very disappointed and will not buy another Mazda product."

Driving it until the wheels fall off

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Great cargo, styling, fun and comfy to drive"

Cons: "brakes, premium gas, no MP3 plug"

"This is my 9th car.... I have had it almost the longest of any car I have driven. I love it. It is zippy, good in snow, people think it is a Lexus. It has great cargo room for the class of 07 smaller SUVs. We take it everywhere. We pile in our two medium/large sized dogs and put the bikes on the back and go. I drive regionally as a sales rep and this car has been from Philly to Maine and back to CT in a week. We live 600 hundred feet in elevation over our town and having AWD is a necessity in the winter. I never worry about getting stuck. Things I would change. Original tires wore out fast... brakes are garbage and have to be fix/replaced early and often but I understand that is the Chinese steel everyone is making them from these days. Not great storage for stuff out of site. Wish it had a cargo rack and it takes premuim gas and the mileage isn't so wonderful."

Fun, sporty and practical

By on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Have had this CX7 for 2.5 years (29k miles). Bought it new and it has been a source of fun driving experience, sporty handling and extremely practical. Did replace worn out tires at 25k miles with Bridgestone Blizzaks for the snow in the Reno area. These new tires are great. The CX7 does everything I need it to: haul lumber and tools at times, go on long trips, go safely through snow in the mountain passes, accelerate very well, etc. The AC works very well too. Bose sound system is very adequate. Would have liked an IPod interface though. The heated seats are great and very comfortable. Enough room for all the passengers. Good cargo volume with rear seat up or down. Not a single mechanical problem. Very reliable. The local dealer is great. Oil changes in the same morning with shuttle service to my office. Did add fog lights and splash guards which were worth the money. Can't think of anything major to critize. Yes, it uses premium, but it is worth the little extra expense for the driving fun it provides. Would have liked to get two additional things: a rear view camera or proximity sensor, but it was not available for this model and some driver input control over when it goes into 4WD, ie: a button on the dash to engage 4WD. It is a great nimble, fun and practical car at a very good price."

By on Friday, April 23, 2010

"The Turbo is very powerful & ready whenever you need it!"

Solid performer

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"This is the first vehicle that I have ever own that I actually want to keep driving after putting 42K miles in the rear view mirror. Oil changes are not an easy thing on this car; the mechanic at Jiffy Lube allways seems to have a problem with the oil filter. Besides that, the car is a solid vehicle with great handling and accelation characteristics. It is a blast to drive, I can honestly say this because my previous vehicle was a Mazda RX-8."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-7 near Honolulu. See local deals