2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,204 - $24,445.

Transaction data

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

10/8.2

Based on 187 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Nice and Nimble Vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pros: "Road handling, navigation/audio system, and more"

Cons: "Needs more leg room on the backseat."

"I bought the 2016 CX-5 GT version with all options it can have (4 miles on it). After driving a little over hundred miles, I must say, this vehicle is great. Although it lacks power compare to my V-6 SUV, IMHO, it handles itself on the road really well, especially on cornering, passing, and stopping, it's pretty stable. Body configuration is nice. I learned from other websites that Mazda worked on decreasing wind noise, but I believed there's room for improvement in this area. Tire rims very appealing, Navigation system's easy to operate with its 7" interactive screen, audio system's sounds great with the 9-speaker Bose system. Kids under 5 feet can sit comfortably on the back seats, but a little tight for a full grown adult."

Really enjoying it

By on Monday, October 26, 2015

Pros: "comfort, mpg, fun to drive"

Cons: "right side blind spot"

"As that guy who never wanted an SUV and only had bad things to say about them, i am surprised and pleased how much I'm enjoying the CX-5. When you suddenly have 2 kids and live in a high mountain town in a poor country with bad roads, an SUV starts to make more sense. Coming from a small sporty hatchback, the CX-5 is easy and fun to drive, not truck like, not a gas hog, roomy, and looks great. So far only 1 complaint and 1 concern: complaint - the lane change view over your right shoulder is pretty bad, big blind spot there although the right side mirror is quite good; concern - the manual trans is good but sometimes it feels like the gearbox might be headed for trouble, there's just something there in the way it enters the gear slot that feels like its not as clean as it should be brand new. other than that all positive, i would easily recommend it."

love love this car

By on Monday, December 21, 2015

Pros: "drives smooth, good gas mileage"

Cons: "brakes sometimes can be not sensitive"

"I absolutely love this car. It drives like a sedan, extremely smooth and was torn between the CR-V and this car rated the top in its class and I haven't had any problems with it, although only had it for about a year but I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I had a sedan before this and now I absolutely love this car, would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a small crossover."

Excellent Excellent Automobile

By on Saturday, January 09, 2016

Pros: "# os airbags-backup camera-blind spot mirror"

Cons: "I have no cons"

"Excellent Small SUV...Can find nothing negative to report...but then I have only 3590 miles on it in 7 months ownership"

So Far, So Good!

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Value for the money, fun to drive, good mileage"

Cons: "Rearward visiblity"

"I knew I wanted to replace my 2011 Mini Cooper with an SUV. I did a lot of shopping/test driving of small SUVs, and eventually came to the conclusion that the CX-5 was the best value for the $$$. I bought a fully loaded AWD GT Tech package version. I bought the Mazda because it is not as common as the RAV4, CRV, Escape & Equinox. I felt that it handled better, looked better, and was overall more fun to drive. My mileage is spot on as to what the EPA estimates are. Also, the AWD system is top notch. It was put to good use over the tough winter of 2014."