2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,887 - $23,049.

Transaction data

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

10/8.2

Based on 186 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Good Rental Car Experience

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive and good acceleration."

Cons: "Underwhelmed by gas mileage and chipped paint."

"I had a 2 day out of town business trip and was given this car by the rental agency. Here are my thoughts after driving it for about 460 miles. PROS: Good acceleration and engine noise isolation in the passenger compartment. Handles road bumps well. Good interior materials and build quality. Seats are stiff, but not uncomfortable. CONS: Touch screen radio is set about 2.5" into the upper dashboard causing me to bend to reach it each time I wanted to use it. It got annoying after a while. I drove about 95% highway miles at about 70 mph with a lot of cruise control and little air conditioner use, because of cooler weather lately and averaged just under 27 mpg, calculating it at the gas pump. The trip meter was consistently pegging it in the low 30s mpg, so it was way off from actual mileage. I know this is AWD, but I was a little disappointed after seeing so many TV commercials touting this car to hit up to 35 mpg. I saw several areas with chipped paint, but no dents. I know this is a rental car, but I wonder how thin the paint is? Overall, I enjoyed it as a rental and would probably request one again."

Fun, good fuel efficiency, great value

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "fun handling, LED lights, infotainmnt system"

Cons: "no rear vents, backseats don't recline"

"needed a comfotable, yet well-handling AWD vehicle and this CX-5 hits the sweetspot in terms of value for the price. nice looks, handling, updated interior for 2016 with better infotainment system sold it for me. "upgraded" from a 2011 Lexus, and yes, i mean upgraded in terms of features for convenience and safety. road noise is not as bad as feared (but i'm sure could be better). some minor things i wish it had: rear vents, rear seats that recline, odd cubbyhole in left dash (left of steering wheel) that serves no real purpose (could've made it into a change holder or something). But all in all, i was and still am impressed. i look forward to every drive in my new car!"

Top of the segment.

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, beautiful looks and well equipped."

Cons: "center armrest could be longer. no powerlift gate."

"After driving the Toyota Rav4 and the Honda CRV, there is no comparison with styling and performance of the CX-5.I purchased the GT model... It is by far the most fun to drive.And it looks beautiful. The Soul Red with parchment interior is awesome. Only have about 500 miles on it, so still testing MPG's."

Efficient,smart designed Mazda

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

"She's only a week old, but very happy with the cx-5. Great visibility and comfort, fun to drive. I only liked the Kia sx turbo more, but the cost & mpg made the difference. The Mazda also looks a bit nicer."

Great car, just not for people with short legs.

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

"I enjoy all of the features of this car except for the elongated seats. I have short legs and the middle section of the seat extends about 3 inches longer than the sides of the seat. I bought this car when I had a heavy winter clothes and coat and didn't notice until the warmer weather came. Now I have a great car with seats that don't fit me..."