2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,197 - $21,497.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/25/2016

10/9.5

Based on 210 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

JUST DRIVE ONE ALREADY

By on Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pros: "radio bose, fun, quiet, everything really"

Cons: "nothing"

"Just drive one. I drove the Honda CRV both the wife and I felt like when you were driving it you shimmied in the seat. Soft suspension. Drove the Escape with 1.6l eco boost. was not impressed with drive and feel. I really think they missed the mark with the front end styling on the Escape. Then drove the mazda. comfortable, quiet, great handling and good looks. went back and drove the others the same day back to back. (the dealers were all within a 1/2 mile) just wanted to make sure. We went back and bought the Mazda cx-5 that day. Just drive one, you'll see."

This car is absolutely perfect!

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pros: "Blind spot detection, great price, great mpg!"

Cons: "Not the Grand Touring :("

"After comparing SUV's for weeks my options were this car and A Rav 4 I was torn. The Rav 4 cost a lot less, but after driving Mini Coopers for the past eleven years, I was apprehensive about driving a bigger vehicle. The thing that sold me at the time was the blind spot detection! Since purchasing the car I keep coming across so many more benefits of owning this car over other brands. It doesn't burn oil Subaru is known to, takes regular unleaded gas, and is built like a tank! My only regret is that I didn't get the Grand Touring model."

Zoom Zoom!

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Great price for value, features, mpg, and FUN!"

Cons: "Bigger cup holders and dedicated 4WD. No big deal!"

"Absolutely love my CX-5. The only things I wish it had was a little more horsepower when accelerating, especially when hauling my trailer, and I wish it had a different 4 wheel drive where you can actually put it into dedicated 4 WD Hi and Low settings. Is it a deal breaker, absolutely not! The rest of the things I can say are it gets fantastic gas mileage! The worst mileage I had was 24.2mpg in the winter when the whole week was below zero (I live in Minnesota) and I remote started it and let it run for almost 10 minutes before I would drive it. The best was 33.1 this fall when I took it on the highway for a week of training, where every day I drove 50 miles away, all highway driving. Amazing! The blind spot indicator is fantastic! I didn't even care when the salesman talked about the feature initially but now I am sold. Seats were a little stiff to begin with but are getting more comfortable as they break in. Absolutely love the headlights that turn when the car goes into a turn! The car is incredibly quiet until you get up to very high highway speeds and that is to be expected. My wife is jealous and now wants to trade in her older honda, I won't let her drive the CX-5 I'm afraid she will steal it every day and leave me with the accord, which by the way gets poorer gas mileage! First Mazda I've ever owned and I've had Chevy, Ford, Jeep, Audi, Toyota and Nissan products before. In addition to all the aforementioned car companies I did my research with their product line as well as Hyundai; Kia; Honda; Subaru; and VW. The Mazda was by far the best in almost every category and was real close when another company was rated better in my book. Overall value is fantastic, at least so far we'll have to see how it does in the long haul. Using the synthetic oil should help in that regard too! Great vehicle!!!!!"

Great car- very good MPG!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Great pricing compared to comparable vehicles."

Cons: "Needs larger diameter cup holders"

"Traded in our '06 Prius for a CX-5. Lost 14 MPG in the trade, but gained so much more - much less road noise,much more comfort, fun to drive, better handling, blind-spot warning,much better ground clearance, really a good looking vehicle, much better sound system,bluetooth. Recommend this vehicle highly. MPG since driving it off lot is 30.2 on about 50/50 highway and city driving. Plenty of power when asked for."

Perfect for my needs. 2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "MPG, handles like a sedan, simple but high tech"

Cons: "Who forgot to put a light in the rear cargo area?"

"I love my Mazda! I've worked with a car rental company and have driven pretty much all the competition. I love the interior. It's simple, clean, and high tech without a million touch buttons like the new Ford Escape. (my Dad always said, "Keep it simple, Stupid.") I get MPG in the mid 20's around town and in the low 30's on the highway. The blind spot monitors, rear view camera, and bluetooth have already been life savers. The standard sound system in the Touring has been impressive as well (I get much better sound quality through my mp3 player than the radio). The handling really is awesome. It corners like a sporty sedan. The steering feels great and there isn't any tire squeal if you have to make a fast left turn (Who doesn't go faster to make a yellow turn signal?). This SUV is silent around turns my old Corolla would be squealing through. The AWD has been surefooted in the snow as well. The inside really is bigger than it looks from the outside. I'm 6'2" and fit comfortably (but a person needs to be shorter to sit comfortably behind me). There's tons of room for cargo with the seats down. I just moved a washing machine with plenty of room to spare. I love the materials and layout but my only dislike is about the interior lighting. Who forgot to put a light in the rear cargo area? Everything else is awesome except that it can be hard to see your cargo in the dark. If you fold the seats down, the light over the middle seats is enough to see the back. That said, I love my Mazda. Its a nearly perfect machine that's perfect for my needs :)"