2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,393 - $21,594.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/04/2016

10/9.5

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Best car in its Class

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Pros: "Power, ride, style, value."

Cons: "Minor stuff like unlit Homelink buttons on mirror."

"Bought the 2016 Grand Touring version with Tech package. Most power and torque in its class. Sport mode gives a real boost when needed. Great ride and handling, an amazing combination. Very comfortable for my 6'4" body. Great that they have a beautiful 6 speed transmission instead of the sorry CVTs in other cars."

Much better than I expected

By on Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, gas saver, nice style, quite"

Cons: "tight interior space, not as convenient as others"

"I have been interested in Mazda for a while. However, last year I bought a Honda CRV 2014 because reliability is my top priority. The car was mediocre at every aspects. It has too much of road noise inside the cabin. I can hardly feel the acceleration. The stereo is below average even when I got the premium sound system. The only thing I liked about the CRV is its space. Then I had an accident and totaled the CRV. I decided to get the Mazda Cx-5. Best decision ever! This car handling is like a dream. The acceleration and steering are superb. Moreover, it is very quite and its interior is nice. It also come with keyless entry, Bose sound system, blind spot monitor...etc and is just a little bit more expensive than the Honda CRV. The Mazda is like 10 times better than the CRV in my opinion. The downside is it is not as spacious as the CRV."

Excellent Vehicle For The Money.

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pros: "Great versatile vehicle."

Cons: "A lot of black in most trims."

"Well I took delivery two weeks ago and really was anticipating a very sluggish vehicle. Coming from a 2011 Ford Fusion(which I loved)with a 2.5 liter with a bit of pep, I was little apprehensive. I had to have a vehicle that was easier to get a toddler out of the car seat though and my Ford /Mazda dealer just got in the Mazda CX 5. I test drove the Sport Model with front wheel drive and A/T. Peppy enough and certainly more ergonomic for my situation. Literally as I was about to walk off the lot there sat a Touring with the Moonroof/Bose and AWD upgrade that just came off the car hauler. The dealership either through loyalty, advertisement,or pity gave 1600.00 more for what I paid for the Fusion last year, said it was because it was a Fusion and had low miles(5638). By the way did I state how much I loved the Fusion?! Long and not so short of it. I LOVE IT. It's a fun to drive experience. The vehicle is excellent on fuel. The Moonroof/Bose and AWD package actually made me feel like I was getting a little extra out of the deal as the Fusion did not have either. I wrote the check for the 2683.30 difference with a bit of pain similar to ripping off a band aid. I can assure you though for this humble Dad/Driver enthusiasts it was a short lived sting. After these two weeks I can tell you that yes this car will not win the Grand Prix but it will get you across the finish line in admirable time with the pleasure of you driving it there. I am not going to make excuses for the engine and don't feel I have to. From what I've researched it is Mazda's answer to efficiency and drivability and IMHO they scored big. Pardon the vernacular, but it does most certainly lend itself to the zoom-zoom characteristics as well as very good fuel economy. I can't argue with that."

Drive it to believe it

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "This car was fun, fun, fun to drive."

Cons: "Needs a light in glove compartment"

"I started many months ago looking into a vehicle purchase. I wanted a vehicle that was a car like with good handling, four wheel drive, and storage capability. I did not want a station wagon. I believe the many smaller listed SUVs are really station wagons. I drove many of the highly reviewed mini SUVs. However, when driving these units they seemed truck like. I then test drove the Mazda CX-5. I was really blown away by the driving experience. Here was a SUV that handled like a sporty car. I was able to easily make turns and had a live feel I of the road. The appearance of the CX 5 is spot on with its definitive lines. I especially like how the rear looks with its integrated tail lights. The seats are really comfortable and provide excellent support. The Bose sound system really rocks with its surround sound technology. The 19 inch tires are another cool touch….look awesome. I simply say if you are in the market for a small SUV drive this puppy and you will not let it go. I bought this bad-boy and its been a heck of great ride so far. Mazda put a lot of thought into every part of this car and they looked at it from the driver’s view out and not the engineers view in. Drive safe out there."

From good to GREAT!

By on Friday, August 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, good looking and VERY fun to drive!"

Cons: "None!"

"This is my second CX5. The first one was already a very good SUV but the engine had no power which made it almost painful to drive in the highway. Thousands of customers complaint about this, Mazda took note and equipped the CX5 with a more powerful engine (more HP and better torque). The difference is impressive. Now this car feels and drives amazingly! The steering feels as if you were driving a BMW, it is simple PERFECT! Very comfortable car, nicely equipped in the Touring version, good quality materials and mechanically, 100% reliable. Great value for your money. Get one! You'll love it."