2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,168 - $21,485.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/9.5

Based on 210 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Great all purpose vehicle and fun to drive

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Handling, gas mileage, reliability, looks"

Cons: "rear seat fold down issues, dust collecting dash"

"I purchased the 2014 touring model at the end of 2014. I drive about 40000 miles per year with most of the miles on the highway. I was considering the CRV and the Ford Escape. I ruled the Escape out when my neighbor told me about 3 long recalls he had. The CRV didn't have the pep or road handling of the CX5 but the back laid down better than the CX5. The gas mileage rating was slightly better than the others and with more power it seemed like a good deal for my long trips and drives in the mountains. Actual mileage is significantly affected by speed around 32 at 65, 30-31 at 70 and around 35 at 55mph. This is likely because of the relatively high profile(wind resistance). When I make many short trips with startups I get about 25mpg. Reliability is great, handling amazing for an SUV and economy very good. I carry a lot of camping gear and it has great cargo space. I like the dark windows in the rear. It cloaks the stuff in the back a bit. The blind spot monitor is great and I like the backup camera, though an backup proximity alarm would be good. I put a rubber mat in the back and really don't notice the road noise people mention. A couple minor items is the top of the dash seems to be a dust magnet and is hard to clean. The passing visibility is ok but could be better. The ride is a bit hard over bumps because of the relatively tight suspension. The back seat cannot fold down when the front seat is fully back and the rear headrests are on. I will look at similar cars in another 2 years but there is a high probability I will buy another CX5"

Drive it to believe it

By on Friday, April 6, 2012

Pros: "Incredibly awesome to drive"

Cons: "No light in glove box. No analog temp gauge"

"I started many months ago looking into a vehicle purchase. I wanted a vehicle that was a car like with good handling, four wheel drive, and storage capability. I did not want a station wagon. I believe the many smaller listed SUVs are really station wagons. I drove many of the highly reviewed mini SUVs. However, when driving these units they seemed truck like. I then test drove the Mazda CX-5. I was really blown away by the driving experience. Here was a SUV that handled like a sporty car. I was able to easily make turns and had a live feel I of the road. The appearance of the CX 5 is spot on with its definitive lines. I especially like how the rear looks with its integrated tail lights. The seats are really comfortable and provide excellent support. The Bose sound system really rocks with its surround sound technology. The 19 inch tires are another cool touch….look awesome. I simply say if you are in the market for a small SUV drive this puppy and you will not let it go. I bought this bad-boy and its been a heck of great ride so far. Mazda put a lot of thought into every part of this car and they looked at it from the driver’s view out and not the engineers view in. Drive safe out there"

Very good

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Grips road great, nothing cheap, reliable so far"

Cons: "Not enough pickup (but great gas mileage makes up)"

"Have had this car for 7 months and glad to have purchased. Fun to drive, no problems so far! WILL UPDATE! Since 15,000 doesn't say much about reliability I will be checking back in!"

13' CX-5

By on Friday, September 7, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage , air conditioning, zoom-zoom"

Cons: "Tom Tom navigation system a bit primitive to use."

"What an awesome little SUV. just got done taking my new CX-5 on a road trip up to Northern Arizona with my wife and two boys (pre teens). Got up the Mtn roads with ease. Auto wipers worked great! Suv hugged the road gracefully. Got an avg of 31 mpg after only having vehicle a week. Got the touring model with electronics & nav pkg. dials easy to use. Plenty of room and having three power outlets came in handy to power up the IPods/IPhones & Nintendo DS's. The A/C works great! Cools down quickly and blows enough to easily cool the rear seat passengers quickly. Traded in my Mazda 3 (2008) which I truly loved also but with two boys needed more room for all of us. Plus bottom line, it's fun to drive!"

Great car

By on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pros: "Best MPG for an AWD model"

Cons: "Not the quickest"

"Bought the Touring Awd model after looking at the Jeep Liberty, Chevy Equinox and the Outback. I narrowed my choice down to the CX-5 and the Outback, they both had good MPG numbers and I felt they both would hold their value and be above average for reliability. I went with the Mazda for a few reasons one it was a few thousand less than the Outback and I have a 2007 Mazda 6 with 105,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems over the last 5 years. I made the right choice the car is great to drive and so far my mileage has been about 30 combined. The only problem I have is it's so new not a lot of aftermarket accessories are available such as a trailer hitch. I' ve ordered it from 2 different manufactures both times being told it would ship only to find out they were manf back ordered. A few things to take note of both I found out after I bought the car, it uses a synthetic oil pushing the recommended oil change to 7,500 miles which is good as the oil is 9.00 a quart. Then if you need to replace the key you are looking at 250.00 tax for a new key. I needed a third key as we had a remote start installed and they needed the key for the installation. The dealer charged me a 145.00 for the fob 49.00 for the metal key and 55.00 to program it. I contacted my local locksmiths and a few online listings only to be told they had no listing for a 2013."