2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,525 - $21,660.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 05/05/2016

10/9.5

Based on 194 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Really enjoying it

By on Monday, October 26, 2015

Pros: "comfort, mpg, fun to drive"

Cons: "right side blind spot"

"As that guy who never wanted an SUV and only had bad things to say about them, i am surprised and pleased how much I'm enjoying the CX-5. When you suddenly have 2 kids and live in a high mountain town in a poor country with bad roads, an SUV starts to make more sense. Coming from a small sporty hatchback, the CX-5 is easy and fun to drive, not truck like, not a gas hog, roomy, and looks great. So far only 1 complaint and 1 concern: complaint - the lane change view over your right shoulder is pretty bad, big blind spot there although the right side mirror is quite good; concern - the manual trans is good but sometimes it feels like the gearbox might be headed for trouble, there's just something there in the way it enters the gear slot that feels like its not as clean as it should be brand new. other than that all positive, i would easily recommend it."

love love this car

By on Monday, December 21, 2015

Pros: "drives smooth, good gas mileage"

Cons: "brakes sometimes can be not sensitive"

"I absolutely love this car. It drives like a sedan, extremely smooth and was torn between the CR-V and this car rated the top in its class and I haven't had any problems with it, although only had it for about a year but I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I had a sedan before this and now I absolutely love this car, would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a small crossover."

Very attractive elegant car!

By on Sunday, March 06, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks very beautiful and luxurious"

"Ever since I saw the Mazda CX-5 it was very beautiful and luxurious. The look reminds me of a BMW. I couldn't be happier for the purchase I have made! I received the AMD touring with the tan/sand cloth interior and titanium flash exterior!! Extremely gorgeous in all types of light! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a compact crossover SUV. It is not big but not small either, its just perfect. The seats are very comfortable and the steering is firm but user friendly. The cabin noise is a lot better than I the reviews I have seen on youtube. I would recommend not taking the cons on youtube reviews very serious!The only way to see for yourself is to actually go to a car dealership and look at the car. You will be very surprised on how amazing this car is. The back seat leg room and space is more than enough for this kind of car."

Excellent Excellent Automobile

By on Saturday, January 09, 2016

Pros: "# os airbags-backup camera-blind spot mirror"

Cons: "I have no cons"

"Excellent Small SUV...Can find nothing negative to report...but then I have only 3590 miles on it in 7 months ownership"

Has been a great car.

By on Saturday, April 02, 2016

Pros: "great gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "quality of carpet & seats need to be upgraded"

"Other than some minor cosmetic issues with trim, it has been a very reliable and fun to drive vehicle. Has great get up and go and handles very well. A gasket around the drivers door has let loose and it hangs down. (Actually talked to another CX5 owner with the same problem.) Front passenger seat has upholstery fabric ends popping out of the side of the seat. Wish they offered more interior color options. Disappointed in the carpeting, as it seems like more of a heavy felt than carpet and is hard to remove dirt."

Nice and Nimble Vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pros: "Road handling, navigation/audio system, and more"

Cons: "Needs more leg room on the backseat."

"I bought the 2016 CX-5 GT version with all options it can have (4 miles on it). After driving a little over hundred miles, I must say, this vehicle is great. Although it lacks power compare to my V-6 SUV, IMHO, it handles itself on the road really well, especially on cornering, passing, and stopping, it's pretty stable. Body configuration is nice. I learned from other websites that Mazda worked on decreasing wind noise, but I believed there's room for improvement in this area. Tire rims very appealing, Navigation system's easy to operate with its 7" interactive screen, audio system's sounds great with the 9-speaker Bose system. Kids under 5 feet can sit comfortably on the back seats, but a little tight for a full grown adult."

So Far, So Good!

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Value for the money, fun to drive, good mileage"

Cons: "Rearward visiblity"

"I knew I wanted to replace my 2011 Mini Cooper with an SUV. I did a lot of shopping/test driving of small SUVs, and eventually came to the conclusion that the CX-5 was the best value for the $$$. I bought a fully loaded AWD GT Tech package version. I bought the Mazda because it is not as common as the RAV4, CRV, Escape & Equinox. I felt that it handled better, looked better, and was overall more fun to drive. My mileage is spot on as to what the EPA estimates are. Also, the AWD system is top notch. It was put to good use over the tough winter of 2014."

Great Car & and outstanding value

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

"I researched small suv’s for about 18 months before I made a purchase. I wanted to wait until all the 2013 models were out before making my final decision. I had a laundry list of amenities and technology that the car I purchased had to have. I also had a budget and wanted to stay under $30,000 on the list price. One of my must have options was the blind spot warning system. Relatively few manufactures offer this on anything other than their luxury level cars. I’ve been driving a CRV for the last nine years. Honda makes a good vehicle so a new CRV was on my list of potential new cars along with the 2013 Ford Escape, Rav4, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester. I also looked at KIA and Hyundai but they didn’t have all the options I wanted either I test drove all of them except the 2013 Rav4. The 2013 CRV didn’t offer the options I wanted and neither did the Subaru. The Escape had everything I wanted but listed for $33,000 and the RAV4 had a similar sticker price. The only car I found that offered all the options I wanted was the Mazda CX-5 and it listed for $27505.00 I have been very happy with my purchase. I’m averaging 29.2 MPG in town. I haven’t found anything about the car that I dislike. It’s a joy to drive, the seats are comfortable, it’s quiet, and the Boise sound system is terrific. I am confident that I made the right choice. The only hesitation I had in purchasing the Mazda was the 155 HP engine. I wanted a little more power than that, but the smaller engine hasn’t proven to be a problem. Most of my driving is in town so I don’t have a pressing need for a bigger engine and the better MPG is an intelligent trade off as far as I’m concerned. Now that I’ve purchased the car I’ve driven it on the interstate and it more than holds its own getting up to speed on the entrance ramp. So, the smaller engine hasn’t proven to be a problem."

What is so great about the CX5? Everything!

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage, lots of cargo space"

Cons: "smaller towing capacity"

"I am truly happy with the CX5. It does everything I need it to do. I love how it drives (drives like my Miata), rides, and looks. I have owned it for 1 1/2 years and expect to own it for a very long time. It has out performed the previous Escape by far. Here in Michigan during the winter months my CX5 goes when other non 4 wheel drive vehicles don't. I didn't buy it for the features but I love them. The backup camera is nice, the navigation is awesome, and the blind spot monitor is very nice. I don't use the city stop feature so I cannot comment on that. I have taken it down dirt/mud roads, loaded it with all my camping gear, towed kayaks and a canoe, and bikes, and taken it on road trips. Excellent gas mileage. The only issue I really had was that I could not get the roof top carrier bars to match the vehicle color but they match the interior so its ok."

Great all purpose vehicle and fun to drive

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Handling, gas mileage, reliability, looks"

Cons: "rear seat fold down issues, dust collecting dash"

"I purchased the 2014 touring model at the end of 2014. I drive about 40000 miles per year with most of the miles on the highway. I was considering the CRV and the Ford Escape. I ruled the Escape out when my neighbor told me about 3 long recalls he had. The CRV didn't have the pep or road handling of the CX5 but the back laid down better than the CX5. The gas mileage rating was slightly better than the others and with more power it seemed like a good deal for my long trips and drives in the mountains. Actual mileage is significantly affected by speed around 32 at 65, 30-31 at 70 and around 35 at 55mph. This is likely because of the relatively high profile(wind resistance). When I make many short trips with startups I get about 25mpg. Reliability is great, handling amazing for an SUV and economy very good. I carry a lot of camping gear and it has great cargo space. I like the dark windows in the rear. It cloaks the stuff in the back a bit. The blind spot monitor is great and I like the backup camera, though an backup proximity alarm would be good. I put a rubber mat in the back and really don't notice the road noise people mention. A couple minor items is the top of the dash seems to be a dust magnet and is hard to clean. The passing visibility is ok but could be better. The ride is a bit hard over bumps because of the relatively tight suspension. The back seat cannot fold down when the front seat is fully back and the rear headrests are on. I will look at similar cars in another 2 years but there is a high probability I will buy another CX5"