2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,954 - $27,647.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/9.5

Based on 210 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Best small CUV on the market

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "pleasure to drive."

Cons: "GPS system voice recognizition is "iffy""

"I researched and drove many of the other small CUVs on the market - Chev, Ford, Honda, Toyota - my opinion, the CX-5 is by far the best. I own the "14" GT with Touring package, the majority of my driving is city - about 80% city and 20% hway. MPG over 1,500 miles is 30.1 - not just from the trip computer but using the "old fashioned" method (miles traveled/gal). The vehicle is well built, no rattles or other distracting noises. Accl. is smooth and exceeds expectations for a 2.5 4-cyl. Seating is comfortable."

Disappointed

By on Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pros: "Adequate power, great brakes, nice looking."

Cons: "Very uncomfortable seats, wind noise"

"After exhaustive research, I purchased a 2016.5 CX-5 with high expectations. I have no fault with the look, gas mileage, brakes or power. However, the seats are the worst I have ever sat in, by far, and even with power adjustment, cannot find a comfortable driving position. 9 speaker Bose system leaves a lot to be desired as does the navigation system. Lots of wind noise at interstate speed from both a-pillars. I really wanted to love this car, but it is not going to happen. Would be hesitant to recommend this car to anyone, sadly."

Best Value for $32,000

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pros: "Sport mode, GT Tech package, excellent price"

Cons: "no power rear lift-gate, not available in blue"

shiny black-on-black 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT

"I have loved the Mazda CX-5 design since the first pictures were released pre-production. I wanted one in 2012 but waited until June 2015 to purchase a newly redesigned '16 GT in Black Mica with black leather and black wheels. In the just over 1100 miles I have put on it in less than a month there is nothing to complain about. The sticker was $31,910 but the dealer took $1500 off MSRP plus the additional $750 for Mazda loyalty gave me this vehicle for under $30k. This CX-5 is my 3rd Mazda since 2008. I previously owned 2008 and 2010 Mazda 3 Touring hatches. The only tech feature I had was Bluetooth in the '10. This blows those out of the water with the GT Tech package, heated leather seats, rear-view camera with cross traffic monitoring, Navigation, 7" touchscreen, voice activated text recognition, blind-spot monitoring and lane departure warning, Smart-City braking, XM and Pandora radio, and I'm sure more features that I have no discovered yet. Also, if you are looking to have some fun on the back country roads, Sport mode is a lot of fun especially when used with the Manual mode. It does not drive or feel like an SUV. The only negatives I have is no power rear lift-gate like some of the competing models have. Also, I really love the Aurora Blue Mica (38J) paint from 2008 and have heard of a similar color being offered in Canada on the new CX-3 and MX-5 as Electric Blue Mica. I hope in the future they bring this color to the United States and offer it on the CX-5. Overall, this vehicle is an excellent value for the price with a great design and reputation. I am a loyal Mazda owner and supporter."

shiny black-on-black 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT

So far a joy to drive the Grand Touring

By on Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pros: "Great ride; feels solid and luxe for the price"

Cons: "radio control touchscreen is os so; trunk access"

"We have had ours for 3 weeks now - handles great in the busy city, on a highway with steep hills, and especially nice on some winding country roads I got to drive. On steep highway hills, performed very well for teh most part, especially in cruise control...occasional downshifts around 70-75 mph, but basically rock solid. Heavily loaded down, AWD running about 70-75 mph average 25mpg on hilly highway drive. Fun to drive on curvy West Virginia roads. AWD handled well in slick and steep conditions. Comfortable 5-hour drive as passenger and driver. Blind spot warnign system is really excellent luxe feature, al;eady miss it in my other car. Cargo space is decent...trunk access button seems to be limited to the key fob? Not a huge fan of push button start gimmick, takes some getting used to. Loading trunk in heavy rain, considerable water ran off the car onto me and the trunk when I opened the hatch. Potential buyers should note that if you are interested in the Touring trim and want to add the bose/moonroof package and tech options, it pays to look into the Grand Touring as well - the prices become comparable trading a few options (nav, xenon, brake system) in the touring for others (leather, satellite radio, etc) in the grand touring. Overall really enjoying driving this."

2013 CX-5: Grinning

By on Monday, May 6, 2013

Pros: "Great value; drives like a dream"

Cons: "Bluetooth needs a little work to upload contacts"

"Needed to upgrade from my two-seat truck to a vehicle with more passenger room to shuttle kids around, and also to head up to the mountains and hold kids and camping gear. My previous vehicles were all pretty basic so I also wanted some upgrades (Bluetooth being the biggest). I really like manual transmissions, however only the Sport model had it and only in FWD - non-starter here in CO. I test drove the AWD Touring model, and immediately smiled when they showed me the "manual" mode. It's the best of both worlds - Automatic for city driving, manual for mountain roads. Still early, but it has plenty of pep when asked for. The Bluetooth package is pretty good, though it has a few bugs - it only picked up about 1/3 of my phones contacts - found an app for my phone to fix it though, so that was a little disappointing. Other than that, it was really easy to pair my phone to the car. The Navigation package and moon roof are nice extras. The Bose speakers are a nice perk too (Kashmir by Led Zeppelin sounds really good). I love the blind spot monitor and the rear view monitor (especially with kids around the neighborhood). Overall, it drives like a car with the utility and space of a larger SUV. Absolutely the right mix for me plus a few extras that make it a blast to drive."