• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,199 - $21,576.

10/8.2

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

best vehicle ever

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "great price,fun to drive,wife loves it"

"owned 1500 miles really like vehicle gets 32mpg on highway and 29 avg. just like they said it would, handles great ,rides great, quiet, no problems, really nice dealer"

great car

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "great price,great looking car,save money in gas."

Cons: "NONE"

"I went from a BMW 328xi to this nice mazda cx-5 my car payment went down, my MPG went up saving so much money and still have a great looking car a lot of more room ,best decition I have made."

Totally Impressed Grand Touring FWD

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"The more I drive it, the more I love it. A smooth ride, quiet, dashboard layout awesome, electronic console easy to use, comfortable front seats, enough space in the back with the seats down for two labrador retrievers, very stylish. I have other drivers on the interstate following and looking, people stop me in the parking lot to ask about the car. Great car!!"

Great car

By on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pros: "Best MPG for an AWD model"

Cons: "Not the quickest"

"Bought the Touring Awd model after looking at the Jeep Liberty, Chevy Equinox and the Outback. I narrowed my choice down to the CX-5 and the Outback, they both had good MPG numbers and I felt they both would hold their value and be above average for reliability. I went with the Mazda for a few reasons one it was a few thousand less than the Outback and I have a 2007 Mazda 6 with 105,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems over the last 5 years. I made the right choice the car is great to drive and so far my mileage has been about 30 combined. The only problem I have is it's so new not a lot of aftermarket accessories are available such as a trailer hitch. I' ve ordered it from 2 different manufactures both times being told it would ship only to find out they were manf back ordered. A few things to take note of both I found out after I bought the car, it uses a synthetic oil pushing the recommended oil change to 7,500 miles which is good as the oil is 9.00 a quart. Then if you need to replace the key you are looking at 250.00 tax for a new key. I needed a third key as we had a remote start installed and they needed the key for the installation. The dealer charged me a 145.00 for the fob 49.00 for the metal key and 55.00 to program it. I contacted my local locksmiths and a few online listings only to be told they had no listing for a 2013."

Amazing SUV

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, amazing mpg and impressive styling!!"

"I bought my Grand Touring CX-5 towards the end of March and have roughly 5,000 miles already. It never fails, my mpg is always 31-32 mpg!! I drive 70 miles round trip through Dallas traffic daily and I can't believe the gas mileage! I was used to driving a cavalier for 7 years so I thought the transition to an SUV would take a bit to get used to. Let me tell you, this SUV drives amazing and rides just like a car. I am in LOVE with everything about this car. The backup camera is awesome, plus there are blind spot monitors on the side mirrors which light up if somebody is in your blind spot and beep at you if you put your blinker on. The radio is HD and the Bose speakers sound amazing! If you are thinking about purchasing this car, go test drive it and your mind will be made up! LOVE IT!"

I Like My Car!

By on Friday, June 08, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Nice Styling, Great Performance"

Cons: "Seats Uncomfortable"

"I looked at a number of cars before settling on the CX5 Touring (Jeep,Equinox,Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, Rav4,CRV). The CRV and CX5 are very close together, the others are not close in MPG. I am currently getting right around 37 MPG Average which has surprised the heck out of me! The car is very basic with no frills other than the backup camera and I added Homelink as an option. If you want real frills get the Grand Touring model. I bought the Sand/Black cloth interior and am concerned about it getting dirty and staining over time. The one major concern I have about the car is the seat comfort. My wife is sitting on a pillow to help with comfort. She says the seats are hard. I am getting used to the seat comfort so it does not bother me as bad (well see about a long trip). Other than the 2 concerns mentioned above we love the car. It is a little under powered, but I would expect that from a 2.0L engine. Mazda really has done a very good job with the engine size/transmission combination. If you want pep you really have to put your foot into it to get it. We are going to tow a PWC behind this vehicle, so we will see what happens to the MPG and performance when we get on the road. The CX5 has the largest towing capacity compared to the other vehicles we looked at. We are happy with the car and glad we bought it. Mazda has done a good job on this vehicle (except for the seat comfort, they need to work on that a little). I would buy the car again in a heart beat."

The car does it all

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Pros: "Handles well in the curve"

Cons: "Motor a little noise"

"Bought the car two weeks ago and left on vacation. Did 2200 miles in eight days with 2 adults and 2 children. My wife and I are over 6 feet and the kids just behind, had plenty of room. This was one of the main reasons we bought the car. Blue tooth works great with all three phones and easy to setup. Everything is right there and easy to use. Love the blind spot indicators in side view mirrors. The CX-5 handles like a car and easy to drive. The motor is a little slow but likes to rev. On vacation got 32.6 mpg, averaged 56 mph. Driving 80mph and still was getting 30mpg. Love the CX-5."

Impressed

By on Friday, June 01, 2012

Pros: "MPG, Handling, Size"

Cons: "Not enough power, Bose speakers"

"Husband and I decided we only needed one car but had a hard time choosing one. We wanted something fuel efficient, dog friendly and would be good for a family. We gave up a Mustang and a Charger for the CX5. We miss the power but can't believe the mpg. I drive in NYC traffic everyday and get over 27 mpg. It handles really well. We have a lot more room in a much much smaller package. Parking is so easy. I won't say I am in love with this car but it is definitely great and I am happy with our choice. This is my first non-American made car and I am truly impressed. This summer we plan to use it to cross the country and I can't wait to see the mpg. My only complaint is that I hate Bose speakers and you are forced to purchase them if you want a moonroof."

A jaded New Yorker is truly impressed

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "simple yet lux interior, fun to drive, steering"

Cons: "merging onto fast highways from standstill in nyc"

"At only 3 inches longer then our old and loved 2006 mazda3 We are amazed by the comfort and ride quality and fun of the cx-5. The road noise was always an issue for me with the 3 and I think if the road noise was a 7-8 out of 10 on the 3 this would be a 3-4. The shocks are firm but you don't feel jarred. the cx-5 corners beautifully. The electronics are very good. I am never super impressed by the bose car systems .. i give this a 7 or 8 out of 10 for sound but a 9 for ease of use. The seats are so comfy and the lumbar and adjustably in the grand touring is awesome. I love this car so much that I am writing a review. My only issue is the acceleration from 0-20 mph or so.. after 2 or 3rd gear it really torques nicely but from a standstill trying to merge onto a nasty nyc highway could use a bit more power.. but honestly everything else is just amazing. we hope to have this car a long time ( or at least till the diesel comes ) ;) thanks mazda for a winner . we love you!"

Very well designed,excellent city/ highway avg mpg

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, outstanding design, suberb mpg"

Cons: "No option for automatic lift hatch"

"I have owned this Mazda CX 5 for about 3 months and have been very impressed with the overall quality and outstanding driving characteristics. The CX 5 handles and feels very nimble, much like a sports car. I do a lot of in town and highway driving and this CX 5 averages almost 31 mpg. This is a very high average for non-hybrid models. On long highway trips I often get 34-35 mpg with an automatic transmission. This is a great, roomy, versatile crossover that gently sips fuel."

Excellent Vehicle For The Money.

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pros: "Great versatile vehicle."

Cons: "A lot of black in most trims."

"Well I took delivery two weeks ago and really was anticipating a very sluggish vehicle. Coming from a 2011 Ford Fusion(which I loved)with a 2.5 liter with a bit of pep, I was little apprehensive. I had to have a vehicle that was easier to get a toddler out of the car seat though and my Ford /Mazda dealer just got in the Mazda CX 5. I test drove the Sport Model with front wheel drive and A/T. Peppy enough and certainly more ergonomic for my situation. Literally as I was about to walk off the lot there sat a Touring with the Moonroof/Bose and AWD upgrade that just came off the car hauler. The dealership either through loyalty, advertisement,or pity gave 1600.00 more for what I paid for the Fusion last year, said it was because it was a Fusion and had low miles(5638). By the way did I state how much I loved the Fusion?! Long and not so short of it. I LOVE IT. It's a fun to drive experience. The vehicle is excellent on fuel. The Moonroof/Bose and AWD package actually made me feel like I was getting a little extra out of the deal as the Fusion did not have either. I wrote the check for the 2683.30 difference with a bit of pain similar to ripping off a band aid. I can assure you though for this humble Dad/Driver enthusiasts it was a short lived sting. After these two weeks I can tell you that yes this car will not win the Grand Prix but it will get you across the finish line in admirable time with the pleasure of you driving it there. I am not going to make excuses for the engine and don't feel I have to. From what I've researched it is Mazda's answer to efficiency and drivability and IMHO they scored big. Pardon the vernacular, but it does most certainly lend itself to the zoom-zoom characteristics as well as very good fuel economy. I can't argue with that."

This is an amazing car.

By on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pros: "luxury, design (great looking car), and drive"

Cons: "none yet."

"This is an amazing car. I have previosuly owned an Acura TL Type S, which was about 42k. I have the Grand Touring with tech package that at 30k has comparible design and luxury elements that is remarkable for the price point (there a quite a few really great features not listed on the website). It is very fuel efficient (info feature shows what mpg I get at every moment) but with a very fast 4 cylinder engine that is quite sporty in the way it drives and handles."

Solid

By on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, gas mileage, sufficient power"

Cons: "I want built in quarter holders"

"This thing drives like a car. Very responsive. Great handling and maneuverability. Talk about awesome gas mileage. Enough power to haul four adults, one child, and trunk full of bags, up a steep grade without a problem."

Fun to drive, especially the stick shift

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Pros: "good price, really fun to drive, good mpg,"

Cons: "hardly any so far"

"Bought it about a week ago, CX-5 sport FWD manual, the very basic model (21490 MSRP). I like to drive stick, and especially liked the 35mpg of the manual. First impression: really fun to drive, got good low RPM torque, impressive acceleration, in 2nd and 3rd gear it feels like a 200hp engine... Probably because it's lightweight... The 6th gear is just for cruising at constant speed, need to go down to 5th or 4th to get some acceleration. I owned a Mazda6 2004, 3.0 liter, 220hp. Well this CX-5 is more sprinty. Nice the uphill break hold feature, very useful in San Francisco: in other words, you stop, keep your foot on the break, then while moving your foot to the gas pedal, the break is kept held for 2 seconds, so the car does not roll back. Nice features. I like the simple air conditioning and climate control, good onboard computer (average speed, average mpg, range), nice rpm/mpg gauges. Good speaker system (has aux input, which I use with my android phone). Plus it has a USB for charging your phone. The only bad thing, it does not come with a trunk cover, it's an optional accessory, but i guess for the price, it's not a big deal. Still can't talk about reliability, I'll write another review in one year. Anyway, overall it's a very good car for the price, can't find anything as cheap on the market."

nice car

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "great price, great millage really ZOOM ZOOM"

Cons: "not yet"

"I bought this car a month ago and ~ 1200km on it (GT trim). I was looking for compact SUV for my wife since last november. I am happy that finally I bought a good car which gives me value for money and peace of mind. I test drove so many CUV but nothing compare to this. It stands out in a bunch of CUV. Excellent millage, I am getting ~ 8.9-9.1lit/100km mostly city driving. very low insurance than Honda and Toyota . six speed auto is excellent. On the top my wife likes it very much."

I Love my Mazda CX5 Grand Touring

By on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, stereo system, TomTom, everything!"

Cons: "Gets a lot of fingerprints on smooth surfaces!"

"I've had my CX5 for almost two months now. I wish it had a little more horsepower but then again that might get me in trouble! As the other reviewers have said it is more like a sports car and I feel the same. I'm a very picky person and one thing I do not like about the interior is the smooth finishes along the console and the radio/navigation. The smooth areas where you touch leave fingerprints and I hate fingerprints. Really the horsepower and smooth surfaces are little things compared to the 26mpg that I am currently getting in town. The stereo system is awesome except when I had the sunroof open, I couldn't hear the stereo! So I had to get the sunroof visor. Once the visor was installed no more problem with the noises and I can hear my stereo!!! I just love the look and feel of my CX5!!! I've had a lot of compliments. When I was searching for my new car I wanted something smaller then the 3rd row seating I had and a little better gas mileage. I tried the Juke and it had no power seats??? And no spare!! I tried the Soul and the same, no power seats and no spare. The thing was they wanted about the same kind of money that the Mazda Grand Touring was. Once I tried the CX5 that's all she wrote!!! DID I TELL YOU???? I LOVE MY CX5!!!!"

Excellent

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Driving dynamics, overall design, fuel economy"

Cons: "No cons for me"

"I've owned the CX-5 for over a month and 1,100 miles and while that's only a short period of time it's really been excellent across all areas. I wanted more utility than my Mazda6 but didn't want to sacrifice driving dynamics and fuel economy and I couldn't be happier with the CX-5. It has the safety and convenience features I wanted at a reasonable price along with a decent styling inside and out. I enjoy driving the CX-5 and am more impressed the more I drive it."

Need a little bit more horsepower

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

"my fwd cx-5 avg mpg is 30.7M/G over 1000mi combined driving."

Drive it to believe it

By on Friday, April 06, 2012

Pros: "Incredibly awesome to drive"

Cons: "No light in glove box. No analog temp gauge"

"I started many months ago looking into a vehicle purchase. I wanted a vehicle that was a car like with good handling, four wheel drive, and storage capability. I did not want a station wagon. I believe the many smaller listed SUVs are really station wagons. I drove many of the highly reviewed mini SUVs. However, when driving these units they seemed truck like. I then test drove the Mazda CX-5. I was really blown away by the driving experience. Here was a SUV that handled like a sporty car. I was able to easily make turns and had a live feel I of the road. The appearance of the CX 5 is spot on with its definitive lines. I especially like how the rear looks with its integrated tail lights. The seats are really comfortable and provide excellent support. The Bose sound system really rocks with its surround sound technology. The 19 inch tires are another cool touch….look awesome. I simply say if you are in the market for a small SUV drive this puppy and you will not let it go. I bought this bad-boy and its been a heck of great ride so far. Mazda put a lot of thought into every part of this car and they looked at it from the driver’s view out and not the engineers view in. Drive safe out there"

Drive it to believe it

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "This car was fun, fun, fun to drive."

Cons: "Needs a light in glove compartment"

"I started many months ago looking into a vehicle purchase. I wanted a vehicle that was a car like with good handling, four wheel drive, and storage capability. I did not want a station wagon. I believe the many smaller listed SUVs are really station wagons. I drove many of the highly reviewed mini SUVs. However, when driving these units they seemed truck like. I then test drove the Mazda CX-5. I was really blown away by the driving experience. Here was a SUV that handled like a sporty car. I was able to easily make turns and had a live feel I of the road. The appearance of the CX 5 is spot on with its definitive lines. I especially like how the rear looks with its integrated tail lights. The seats are really comfortable and provide excellent support. The Bose sound system really rocks with its surround sound technology. The 19 inch tires are another cool touch….look awesome. I simply say if you are in the market for a small SUV drive this puppy and you will not let it go. I bought this bad-boy and its been a heck of great ride so far. Mazda put a lot of thought into every part of this car and they looked at it from the driver’s view out and not the engineers view in. Drive safe out there."

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next