2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,219 - $21,696.

10/8.2

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

good everyday suv

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

"Very good vehicle for everyday driving. We have average 30 plus mpg since owning this vehicle for two years, most of our driving involves very little stop and go driving. It meets most of our everyday needs. We drove it to Florida and I found the driver seat to be uncomfortable after long driving periods. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a small suv."

Great car, just not for people with short legs.

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

"I enjoy all of the features of this car except for the elongated seats. I have short legs and the middle section of the seat extends about 3 inches longer than the sides of the seat. I bought this car when I had a heavy winter clothes and coat and didn't notice until the warmer weather came. Now I have a great car with seats that don't fit me..."

Nothing wife and I did not like about this car

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great feel driving- stable, surefooted, spirited"

Cons: "Passenger seat could use power seat ajustability"

Wifes new zoom zoom next to hubbys pickup in drive

"Purchased the Fwd Touring model, wife use to cars with some giddy up and go, this delivers. Sport model test drive felt sluggish, get the touring or grand- the extra hp is worth it. Decided on Fwd vs Awd- pretty flat around here so just some snow too deal with and better long term fuel mileage. Touring came with the extras most want- bigger motor, backup camera, hands free for cellular and Pandora link for smart phone and other little touches. Passed on the big extras like moon roof and nav system. Wife is 5'4", I'm a tall 6'6" and we both fit comfortable in either seat. Time will tell if we get the expected use/mileage out of it but so far so good. Fuel mileage 24ish in town, 30 or so hwy with her driving (she a tad heavy on the pedal and not use cruise enough)."

Wifes new zoom zoom next to hubbys pickup in drive

O.K. but did not love it.

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Reason: uncomfortable drivers seat configuration, road noise

"Pros: Reasonably good gas mileage for that size SUV; good interior room, did well in snow and bad road conditions, handled well on back roads, etc. Cons: Lots of road noise "roar" heard inside of cabin with all windows closed; Drivers seat never stayed adjusted and was very uncomfortable-would fit a 6 foot tall man better than a 5'3" woman by far; Bose sound system was a real letdown; Interior fabric was not impressive, looked cheap; Found the backup camera and screen on dashboard to be more of an annoyance than anything else. Only ever hit 28 MPG tops even on long trips. Average was consistently 27, so not quite as good as what they tell you. I had previously driven a Jeep Liberty for 9 years and ended up trading a 2014 Mazda for a 2012 Jeep Liberty. I sacrificed the gas mileage for my own physical comfort."

Perfect for my needs

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "best value, ability to customize add-ons"

Cons: "road noise, lack of bass, body color"

"I was searching for a vehicle with more space than a sedan but still with excellent gas mileage. The Mazda CX-5 delivers on that! I chose to upgrade to the Bose sound system and moon roof, and loved that I had the option to pay for those without paying for the entire tech package. The ride is wonderful as well, and gas mileage is on par with expectations. There are a few negatives to the vehicle however. There is a lack of base in the upgraded sound system as well as high road noise (which is said to be typical of vehicles in this class). Both the interior and exterior seem to scratch fairly easily, and I don't love that the bumper and bottom exterior features of the car are not body-colored like other Mazda vehicles. Other than that, this is by far the best vehicle I've owned, and I still believe it is the best value in its class!"