2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,221 - $21,702.

10/8.2

Based on 163 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Love it!

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage, stylish, edgy, fun to drive"

Cons: "no light in trunk"

"I am a third time Mazda owner, actually fourth! I got my first Mazda when Mazda6 first came out. This one is a 2014 and I have had it since May. I love it. It is great. There are certainly a few things I would change, but nothing major. The biggest thing that irks me on this car is that there is no light in the trunk. Other than that everything is pretty much to my liking. There is a ton of place in the car and it's very comfortable."

Best Value for $32,000

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pros: "Sport mode, GT Tech package, excellent price"

Cons: "no power rear lift-gate, not available in blue"

shiny black-on-black 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT

"I have loved the Mazda CX-5 design since the first pictures were released pre-production. I wanted one in 2012 but waited until June 2015 to purchase a newly redesigned '16 GT in Black Mica with black leather and black wheels. In the just over 1100 miles I have put on it in less than a month there is nothing to complain about. The sticker was $31,910 but the dealer took $1500 off MSRP plus the additional $750 for Mazda loyalty gave me this vehicle for under $30k. This CX-5 is my 3rd Mazda since 2008. I previously owned 2008 and 2010 Mazda 3 Touring hatches. The only tech feature I had was Bluetooth in the '10. This blows those out of the water with the GT Tech package, heated leather seats, rear-view camera with cross traffic monitoring, Navigation, 7" touchscreen, voice activated text recognition, blind-spot monitoring and lane departure warning, Smart-City braking, XM and Pandora radio, and I'm sure more features that I have no discovered yet. Also, if you are looking to have some fun on the back country roads, Sport mode is a lot of fun especially when used with the Manual mode. It does not drive or feel like an SUV. The only negatives I have is no power rear lift-gate like some of the competing models have. Also, I really love the Aurora Blue Mica (38J) paint from 2008 and have heard of a similar color being offered in Canada on the new CX-3 and MX-5 as Electric Blue Mica. I hope in the future they bring this color to the United States and offer it on the CX-5. Overall, this vehicle is an excellent value for the price with a great design and reputation. I am a loyal Mazda owner and supporter."

shiny black-on-black 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "great for the price and rides good"

Cons: "A/C controls are poor"

"Great car only negative is the A/C is manual and difficult to maintain a comfortable temp. other than that it is wonderful on gas and ride is good. the collision avoidance mirrors are great."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "handeling, gas mileage"

Cons: "Navigation doesn't hear voice commands accurately"

"Proud owners of a new 2013 Mazda CX-5. We have logged 400+ miles in the last week and are very pleased. Probably the greatest features for us have been the handeling and the gas mileage. The seats don't seem to be the most comfortable however we haven't found a newer vehicle that has comfortable seats. Looked in a couple of stores for the 0w-20 synthetic oil and only found 2 quarts! Looks like we will have to use the dealership for oil changes which will mean $$$$$$."

Great car, highway mileage below expectations

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"I tried every car out there before buying this SUV (traded in a 2014 Accord) and thought that this was the best value out there. I even liked it better than the BMW and Acura. I was impressed with the quality of the ride and the smooth transmission. It is really fun to drive, it has a relatively quiet interior, and uses regular gas. The drivers seat is very comfortable. What I don't like is that I'm only getting 27 mpg highway driving at 70 with cruise control most of the way. I expected at least 30 mpg. In the city, I'm getting about 26.0, paying attention to upcoming stop lights and using all the tricks available to increase mileage. I bought the Grand Touring model without the Nav/tech package since I'm happy with my 6" portable unit. Black interior--the beige was not offered with my color exterior. A few things they should change-- the instrumentation panel (really too small and slow, put the clock where you can see it, add lumbar support and electronic controls on the front passenger seat, add a subwoofer and small upper tweeter to the sound system (which is pretty good anyway), redesign the back headrests (I had to remove them to be able to see out the back window). Offer the beige interior with more exterior colors. Put a bit more soundproofing material in the doors/floor. That said, I love driving this car and am really happy I bought it."