2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,179 - $21,668.

10/8.2

Based on 148 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

I love this vehicle!

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"I have owned 2 Grand Cherokees and I love those! I was going to buy a new Grand Cherokee but they are so much larger now and they have built them to be so complicated with so many extras--too much to study! The gas mileage was also not as good as I wanted. I test drove all of the mid-sized SUVs or Crossovers. The Mazda CX5 beat all of them! It is smaller, which is what I wanted and it drives great with great gas mileage! It also has all of the bells and whistles of all of the new vehicles but I don't have to constantly check the manual to find out how something works!! It is fun to drive! I feel like I am driving a sports car! The price is really great, too! I got everything I wanted in a vehicle and more!!!"

Great vehicle. Very pleased.

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Value, ride, look and feel, safety features"

"Looked at many SUV's. Really like RDX, but in the end bought the CX-5. FWD, Grand Touring model is a great vehicle. Solid feel, handles well, good gas mileage ( about 28 mpg), many nice features. I have owned Mazda's previously and they are very dependable. Overall just feel like I got a really nice vehicle for my money. Nice car inside and out!"

Worst mistake ever

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "looked good at first"

Cons: "Paint. Power. Fuel efficiency. Worst service."

"I have 9000 miles on it. Can't get MPG any higher than 25 - on interstate driving with cruise control. Floor panel on center console keeps falling out. Heater doesn't warm the car well even after 20 minutes. The front fascia, bumper, and forward hood are riddled with white pock marks (over dark blue paint). The paint is so thin that my fingernails scratch it. The dealer won't stand behind the paint, Mazda Customer service closed my complaint after altering the facts. The service manager accused me of sandblasting the paint by "following construction vehicles." It looks like sandpaper on the front end and not a year old. FORGET MAZDA. I'll take my Jeep or Honda again any day."

Good Rental Car Experience

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive and good acceleration."

Cons: "Underwhelmed by gas mileage and chipped paint."

"I had a 2 day out of town business trip and was given this car by the rental agency. Here are my thoughts after driving it for about 460 miles. PROS: Good acceleration and engine noise isolation in the passenger compartment. Handles road bumps well. Good interior materials and build quality. Seats are stiff, but not uncomfortable. CONS: Touch screen radio is set about 2.5" into the upper dashboard causing me to bend to reach it each time I wanted to use it. It got annoying after a while. I drove about 95% highway miles at about 70 mph with a lot of cruise control and little air conditioner use, because of cooler weather lately and averaged just under 27 mpg, calculating it at the gas pump. The trip meter was consistently pegging it in the low 30s mpg, so it was way off from actual mileage. I know this is AWD, but I was a little disappointed after seeing so many TV commercials touting this car to hit up to 35 mpg. I saw several areas with chipped paint, but no dents. I know this is a rental car, but I wonder how thin the paint is? Overall, I enjoyed it as a rental and would probably request one again."

good everyday suv

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

"Very good vehicle for everyday driving. We have average 30 plus mpg since owning this vehicle for two years, most of our driving involves very little stop and go driving. It meets most of our everyday needs. We drove it to Florida and I found the driver seat to be uncomfortable after long driving periods. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a small suv."

Awesome

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive!!! Zoom zoom!"

Cons: "Does not sit up as high as previous SUV I owned."

"CX-5 is very peppy and fun to drive. Back up camera provides wider view of rear objects that others I've seen. Love it!!!"

Love it!

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage, stylish, edgy, fun to drive"

Cons: "no light in trunk"

"I am a third time Mazda owner, actually fourth! I got my first Mazda when Mazda6 first came out. This one is a 2014 and I have had it since May. I love it. It is great. There are certainly a few things I would change, but nothing major. The biggest thing that irks me on this car is that there is no light in the trunk. Other than that everything is pretty much to my liking. There is a ton of place in the car and it's very comfortable."

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "great for the price and rides good"

Cons: "A/C controls are poor"

"Great car only negative is the A/C is manual and difficult to maintain a comfortable temp. other than that it is wonderful on gas and ride is good. the collision avoidance mirrors are great."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "handeling, gas mileage"

Cons: "Navigation doesn't hear voice commands accurately"

"Proud owners of a new 2013 Mazda CX-5. We have logged 400+ miles in the last week and are very pleased. Probably the greatest features for us have been the handeling and the gas mileage. The seats don't seem to be the most comfortable however we haven't found a newer vehicle that has comfortable seats. Looked in a couple of stores for the 0w-20 synthetic oil and only found 2 quarts! Looks like we will have to use the dealership for oil changes which will mean $$$$$$."

Best vehicle that I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Great performance, style and technology."

Cons: "Honestly can't think of any."

"I got the top of the line with the I-ActiveSense and the radar cruise control is fantastic. I have not tried out the Smart Braking due to fear if it didn't work as advertised. I'll wait until it's needed and see how that works. The auto headlights and wipers work as advertised. Unbelievably nimble and fun to drive. The car has as much performance as I need without sacrificing fuel economy which is very important to me. I have about 3000 miles on it already. Makes driving fun. The knob on the console is very convenient and the infotainment system works very well with the 7" screen."