2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,221 - $21,702.

10/8.2

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Efficient,smart designed Mazda

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

"She's only a week old, but very happy with the cx-5. Great visibility and comfort, fun to drive. I only liked the Kia sx turbo more, but the cost & mpg made the difference. The Mazda also looks a bit nicer."

very good gas consumptio if you use optimum speed.

By on Thursday, June 18, 2015

Pros: "good gas milage. BPM is very helpfull"

Cons: "sets are not comfotable"

"This is a very reliable SUV we had. very good gas mileage when you use optimum speed. very helpful blind point monitor(BPM).have enough cargo space and leg space. only thing I dont like here is the comfortability. seats are not much comfortable. for long drives it is painful."

good everyday suv

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

"Very good vehicle for everyday driving. We have average 30 plus mpg since owning this vehicle for two years, most of our driving involves very little stop and go driving. It meets most of our everyday needs. We drove it to Florida and I found the driver seat to be uncomfortable after long driving periods. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a small suv."

What's not to like? This car almost has it all!

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, great car!"

"Some may think it's a little premature to review a vehicle after only about 200 miles, but this car is great! I've been researching this car and the competition since before the CX-5 was even available. Bought the 2014 Grand Touring w/Technical Package. Got a great deal, and the salesman/dealership were fantastic to work with. Traded-in a 1991 Mazda, so not too concerned with long-term reliability of a Mazda. Also have a 2004 Mazda (133,000 mi) that has been no trouble at all. The CX-5 drives like a dream; handles very well, and according to the on-board computer, mileage ratings are right-on (so far). Haven't had to fill-up yet, so can't do an actual calculation. It rides nice and is very comfortable. The voice-controlled Bluetooth works well. Just haven't found anything to complain about this car. I do think the cargo cover should be standard on the Grand Touring, but I got the dealer to throw it into the deal. I'll try to come back with a new review in about 6 months or so, but for now, if you're looking for a small SUV, you need to try the CX-5."

Worst mistake ever

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "looked good at first"

Cons: "Paint. Power. Fuel efficiency. Worst service."

"I have 9000 miles on it. Can't get MPG any higher than 25 - on interstate driving with cruise control. Floor panel on center console keeps falling out. Heater doesn't warm the car well even after 20 minutes. The front fascia, bumper, and forward hood are riddled with white pock marks (over dark blue paint). The paint is so thin that my fingernails scratch it. The dealer won't stand behind the paint, Mazda Customer service closed my complaint after altering the facts. The service manager accused me of sandblasting the paint by "following construction vehicles." It looks like sandpaper on the front end and not a year old. FORGET MAZDA. I'll take my Jeep or Honda again any day."

Good Rental Car Experience

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive and good acceleration."

Cons: "Underwhelmed by gas mileage and chipped paint."

"I had a 2 day out of town business trip and was given this car by the rental agency. Here are my thoughts after driving it for about 460 miles. PROS: Good acceleration and engine noise isolation in the passenger compartment. Handles road bumps well. Good interior materials and build quality. Seats are stiff, but not uncomfortable. CONS: Touch screen radio is set about 2.5" into the upper dashboard causing me to bend to reach it each time I wanted to use it. It got annoying after a while. I drove about 95% highway miles at about 70 mph with a lot of cruise control and little air conditioner use, because of cooler weather lately and averaged just under 27 mpg, calculating it at the gas pump. The trip meter was consistently pegging it in the low 30s mpg, so it was way off from actual mileage. I know this is AWD, but I was a little disappointed after seeing so many TV commercials touting this car to hit up to 35 mpg. I saw several areas with chipped paint, but no dents. I know this is a rental car, but I wonder how thin the paint is? Overall, I enjoyed it as a rental and would probably request one again."

I love this vehicle!

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"I have owned 2 Grand Cherokees and I love those! I was going to buy a new Grand Cherokee but they are so much larger now and they have built them to be so complicated with so many extras--too much to study! The gas mileage was also not as good as I wanted. I test drove all of the mid-sized SUVs or Crossovers. The Mazda CX5 beat all of them! It is smaller, which is what I wanted and it drives great with great gas mileage! It also has all of the bells and whistles of all of the new vehicles but I don't have to constantly check the manual to find out how something works!! It is fun to drive! I feel like I am driving a sports car! The price is really great, too! I got everything I wanted in a vehicle and more!!!"

Great vehicle. Very pleased.

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Value, ride, look and feel, safety features"

"Looked at many SUV's. Really like RDX, but in the end bought the CX-5. FWD, Grand Touring model is a great vehicle. Solid feel, handles well, good gas mileage ( about 28 mpg), many nice features. I have owned Mazda's previously and they are very dependable. Overall just feel like I got a really nice vehicle for my money. Nice car inside and out!"

Deal breaker

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "responsive drive experience, lane change audible b"

Cons: "useless back up camera"

"I read reviews on line and was excited to test drive the Mazda CX5 touring model. Handled great on Connecticut pot holed roads and the highway. Peppy. Loved the blind spot warning beeps and flashing dash lights. Small turning radius. But, my heart sank when in an empty parking lot I tried using the back up camera. I have 20/20 vision with glasses. the image on the screen was murky. We tried to adjust contrast and color. The sales person admitted she could not discern what was behind us. We own a Honda 2013 Accord. The back up camera image is crystal clear. I will test the Honda CRV to see if it's back up camera is more effective. Shame, I was so impressed by the Mazda's drive experience. If the back up camera was adequate I would have put a deposit today. After some tough negotiations."

Awesome

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive!!! Zoom zoom!"

Cons: "Does not sit up as high as previous SUV I owned."

"CX-5 is very peppy and fun to drive. Back up camera provides wider view of rear objects that others I've seen. Love it!!!"