2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,074 - $21,585.

10/8.2

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

This car is absolutely perfect!

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pros: "Blind spot detection, great price, great mpg!"

Cons: "Not the Grand Touring :("

"After comparing SUV's for weeks my options were this car and A Rav 4 I was torn. The Rav 4 cost a lot less, but after driving Mini Coopers for the past eleven years, I was apprehensive about driving a bigger vehicle. The thing that sold me at the time was the blind spot detection! Since purchasing the car I keep coming across so many more benefits of owning this car over other brands. It doesn't burn oil Subaru is known to, takes regular unleaded gas, and is built like a tank! My only regret is that I didn't get the Grand Touring model."

Only had this veh. a short time, very satisfied.

By on Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pros: "Great handling, great looks, great quality"

Cons: "A little more power"

"We got a 2016 Grand Touring model in Soul Red color and great looking wheels. My wife wanted something sexy and it definitely is that. Lots of nice features with the Technology Package. I recommend the 2016 as Mazda upgraded the Nav. with bigger display and more user friendly. We looked at the other crossovers in this price range and all things considered feel this was #1. The 2.5 eng. with 184 HP gets the job done but a little more power would be nice. We love our CX-5"

THIS VEHICLE SURPRISED ME

By on Friday, August 14, 2015

Pros: "GREAT WINTER TRACTION, SPORTY DRIVING EXPERIENCE"

Cons: "SPACE FOR DRINKS AND OTHER SMALL THINGS"

"THE ALL WHEEL DRIVE WAS QUITE IMPRESSIVE IN THE UPSTATE NEW YORK SNOW THIS PAST WINTER. THIS DRIVES LIKE A SPORTY CAR, WITH LOTS OF PICK UP. PLENTY OF ROOM FOR PASSENGERS AND CARGO SPACE IN THE BACK. JUST NEEDS MORE ROOM FOR DRINKS AND OTHER THINGS. OVERALL I AM QUITE SATISFIED."

Great Car & and outstanding value

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

"I researched small suv’s for about 18 months before I made a purchase. I wanted to wait until all the 2013 models were out before making my final decision. I had a laundry list of amenities and technology that the car I purchased had to have. I also had a budget and wanted to stay under $30,000 on the list price. One of my must have options was the blind spot warning system. Relatively few manufactures offer this on anything other than their luxury level cars. I’ve been driving a CRV for the last nine years. Honda makes a good vehicle so a new CRV was on my list of potential new cars along with the 2013 Ford Escape, Rav4, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester. I also looked at KIA and Hyundai but they didn’t have all the options I wanted either I test drove all of them except the 2013 Rav4. The 2013 CRV didn’t offer the options I wanted and neither did the Subaru. The Escape had everything I wanted but listed for $33,000 and the RAV4 had a similar sticker price. The only car I found that offered all the options I wanted was the Mazda CX-5 and it listed for $27505.00 I have been very happy with my purchase. I’m averaging 29.2 MPG in town. I haven’t found anything about the car that I dislike. It’s a joy to drive, the seats are comfortable, it’s quiet, and the Boise sound system is terrific. I am confident that I made the right choice. The only hesitation I had in purchasing the Mazda was the 155 HP engine. I wanted a little more power than that, but the smaller engine hasn’t proven to be a problem. Most of my driving is in town so I don’t have a pressing need for a bigger engine and the better MPG is an intelligent trade off as far as I’m concerned. Now that I’ve purchased the car I’ve driven it on the interstate and it more than holds its own getting up to speed on the entrance ramp. So, the smaller engine hasn’t proven to be a problem."

JUST DRIVE ONE ALREADY

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "radio bose, fun, quiet, everything really"

Cons: "nothing"

"Just drive one. I drove the Honda CRV both the wife and I felt like when you were driving it you shimmied in the seat. Soft suspension. Drove the Escape with 1.6l eco boost. was not impressed with drive and feel. I really think they missed the mark with the front end styling on the Escape. Then drove the mazda. comfortable, quiet, great handling and good looks. went back and drove the others the same day back to back. (the dealers were all within a 1/2 mile) just wanted to make sure. We went back and bought the Mazda cx-5 that day. Just drive one, you'll see."