2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,762 - $24,417.

10/8.3

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

best vehicle ever

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "great price,fun to drive,wife loves it"

"owned 1500 miles really like vehicle gets 32mpg on highway and 29 avg. just like they said it would, handles great ,rides great, quiet, no problems, really nice dealer"

Impressed

By on Friday, June 01, 2012

Pros: "MPG, Handling, Size"

Cons: "Not enough power, Bose speakers"

"Husband and I decided we only needed one car but had a hard time choosing one. We wanted something fuel efficient, dog friendly and would be good for a family. We gave up a Mustang and a Charger for the CX5. We miss the power but can't believe the mpg. I drive in NYC traffic everyday and get over 27 mpg. It handles really well. We have a lot more room in a much much smaller package. Parking is so easy. I won't say I am in love with this car but it is definitely great and I am happy with our choice. This is my first non-American made car and I am truly impressed. This summer we plan to use it to cross the country and I can't wait to see the mpg. My only complaint is that I hate Bose speakers and you are forced to purchase them if you want a moonroof."

Great Car & and outstanding value

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

"I researched small suv’s for about 18 months before I made a purchase. I wanted to wait until all the 2013 models were out before making my final decision. I had a laundry list of amenities and technology that the car I purchased had to have. I also had a budget and wanted to stay under $30,000 on the list price. One of my must have options was the blind spot warning system. Relatively few manufactures offer this on anything other than their luxury level cars. I’ve been driving a CRV for the last nine years. Honda makes a good vehicle so a new CRV was on my list of potential new cars along with the 2013 Ford Escape, Rav4, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester. I also looked at KIA and Hyundai but they didn’t have all the options I wanted either I test drove all of them except the 2013 Rav4. The 2013 CRV didn’t offer the options I wanted and neither did the Subaru. The Escape had everything I wanted but listed for $33,000 and the RAV4 had a similar sticker price. The only car I found that offered all the options I wanted was the Mazda CX-5 and it listed for $27505.00 I have been very happy with my purchase. I’m averaging 29.2 MPG in town. I haven’t found anything about the car that I dislike. It’s a joy to drive, the seats are comfortable, it’s quiet, and the Boise sound system is terrific. I am confident that I made the right choice. The only hesitation I had in purchasing the Mazda was the 155 HP engine. I wanted a little more power than that, but the smaller engine hasn’t proven to be a problem. Most of my driving is in town so I don’t have a pressing need for a bigger engine and the better MPG is an intelligent trade off as far as I’m concerned. Now that I’ve purchased the car I’ve driven it on the interstate and it more than holds its own getting up to speed on the entrance ramp. So, the smaller engine hasn’t proven to be a problem."

LOVE LOVE LOVE

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, sporty look, interior"

Cons: "none!"

"I was searching for a crossover.. coming from a Mazda 3I. I needed more space.. but didn't have the budget to afford a big SUV nor did I want the low gas mileage that the bigger SUVs offered. I looked at the Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Hyundai SanteFe, Ford Explorer and the Kia Sorento. I wasn't crazy about any one them and found them to be mediocre. I didn't like that I had to buy 2-3 levels up either to get some of the options I wanted. I loved my Mazda 3 and never had any problems with it.. So I went to the Mazda dealership and test drove the 2013 CX-5. I fell in love with it immediately. It had all the features I wanted and were looking for and the gas mileage was simply unbeatable by any other manufacturer. I love the sporty look and the interior. I ended up purchasing the Touring with the Bose/sunroof package. I have never been happier with my decision and look forward to driving every day now. I would highly recommend test driving this car... I also plan on going back to purchase the Navi. Not sure why I turned it down originally but the price is decent, and I shall be going back shortly to get it installed."

Can't beat it!

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "Styling, interior quality/layout, MPG, handling"

Cons: "Would like touch-handle entry, lumbar adjustment."

"I have had the gray AWD Touring model CX5 for 2 months and driven in 7 snow storms already! Traded in an '09 Mazda6, which I loved, due to longer commute in Utah winters and a steep driveway the 6 couldn't get up in snow. After test driving the Subaru Crosstrek and Kia Sportage, chose the CX5 because of its eye-catching sportier styling, high-quality interior finishes, and how it handles on the road. The interiors of the other two I drove felt cheap in comparison, and the Crosstrek was much nosier on accelaration, and more sluggish. I love the CX5 so far! I average 31mpg on a 60 mile commute at 65mph. I have absolutely no problem getting through heavy snow, even on steep inclines. I traded in 272 hp for this, as well as the luxury features (leather, rain-sensing wipers, touch-handle entry). But the trade off was worth it because I feel safer in the bad weather, and I prefer the size of the CX5 better. For the hp, it accelerates just fine to highway speeds, has fantastic braking, and handles the road wonderfully. I didn't want to pay 4K more for the Grand Touring because I preferred cloth, and you still get plenty for the money. There are automatic daytime running lights (just not the full set of headlights).I have no issue with blind spots and rely soley on the side-view mirrors and BSM system for excellent view of the other lanes. I watched plenty of YouTube videos and read as many critic and consumer reviews as I could find, which helped with my decision. I added black (with silver accent) rims and love it!"