2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,081 - $22,658.

10/8.3

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Fun, good fuel efficiency, great value

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "fun handling, LED lights, infotainmnt system"

Cons: "no rear vents, backseats don't recline"

"needed a comfotable, yet well-handling AWD vehicle and this CX-5 hits the sweetspot in terms of value for the price. nice looks, handling, updated interior for 2016 with better infotainment system sold it for me. "upgraded" from a 2011 Lexus, and yes, i mean upgraded in terms of features for convenience and safety. road noise is not as bad as feared (but i'm sure could be better). some minor things i wish it had: rear vents, rear seats that recline, odd cubbyhole in left dash (left of steering wheel) that serves no real purpose (could've made it into a change holder or something). But all in all, i was and still am impressed. i look forward to every drive in my new car!"

Best vehicle that I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Great performance, style and technology."

Cons: "Honestly can't think of any."

"I got the top of the line with the I-ActiveSense and the radar cruise control is fantastic. I have not tried out the Smart Braking due to fear if it didn't work as advertised. I'll wait until it's needed and see how that works. The auto headlights and wipers work as advertised. Unbelievably nimble and fun to drive. The car has as much performance as I need without sacrificing fuel economy which is very important to me. I have about 3000 miles on it already. Makes driving fun. The knob on the console is very convenient and the infotainment system works very well with the 7" screen."

Top of the segment.

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, beautiful looks and well equipped."

Cons: "center armrest could be longer. no powerlift gate."

"After driving the Toyota Rav4 and the Honda CRV, there is no comparison with styling and performance of the CX-5.I purchased the GT model... It is by far the most fun to drive.And it looks beautiful. The Soul Red with parchment interior is awesome. Only have about 500 miles on it, so still testing MPG's."

Fantastic - A Driver's CUV

By on Friday, April 10, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, economical, options available"

Cons: "No seat position memory or heated steering wheel"

"I've only had this a short time and only 1000 miles, but the initial quality is great and it's really a blast to drive. I'm a tall guy and there is plenty of room for the kids and cargo. The technology is on par with vehicles $10k more expensive and it seems almost everything is customizable. The only things I wished it had is the heated steering wheel and memory positions on the driver's seat. Apparently the rest of the world can get that in the CX-5 - just not North America."

Lots of bang for the buck.

By on Thursday, April 09, 2015

"Quick, versatile, comfortable, easy to park, attractive, good gas mileage."

excellent automoble 40,000 trouble free miles

By on Thursday, April 09, 2015

Pros: "great price fun to drive."

Cons: "could use a slightly higher arm rest"

"Have the first cx5 excellent car. traded from cx9 and do not miss the larger car . excellent gas mileage."

Great small SUV. It drives like a car.

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Pros: "Handling, parking, interior, exterior look."

Cons: "No powered automatic tailgate. No 360 view camera."

"Just bought CX5 Grand Touring With Techno Package 2 days a go. My daughter is learning to drive and going to college soon. I drive a Tundra PU truck, so it's hard to teach her. So, we went shopping for her car. I don't want her to drive small car for safety reason and I want to buy the vehicle with the highest safety rating. It's hard for her to park my PU truck. We decided to buy a small and saftest SUV. We have test drove the Honda CRV, Nissan Rogue, Toyota RAV4, and CX5. After she drove all other cars, as soon as she drove the CX5, she said this is it. CX5 is the one. She has had big problem parking the Rogue, but CX5 she can park on one try. Honestly, I want to drive this car too!LOL. So, we purchased the 2016 CX5 even it gave little discount compare to the other car and the 2015 model year of the CX5. If the new learner driver can drive and loves this car, then anyone can drive it!"

Great car but doesn't meet mileage expectations

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "great to drive, stylish, blindspot warnings"

Cons: "mileage results, tech interface"

"I love this car. Tried out all the mid-price and luxury models and ended up with the Mazda. It drives great and is ultra-comfortable, at least in the front seat (my back is very finicky). My only problem is that I can't get the promised mileage on my grand touring version, although I have a very light foot and pay attention to the mileage gauges. The best I get is about 29 highway and 26 city. The tech interface is slow and cumbersome, but the speakers improve over time and I get decent bass out of them"

What is so great about the CX5? Everything!

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage, lots of cargo space"

Cons: "smaller towing capacity"

"I am truly happy with the CX5. It does everything I need it to do. I love how it drives (drives like my Miata), rides, and looks. I have owned it for 1 1/2 years and expect to own it for a very long time. It has out performed the previous Escape by far. Here in Michigan during the winter months my CX5 goes when other non 4 wheel drive vehicles don't. I didn't buy it for the features but I love them. The backup camera is nice, the navigation is awesome, and the blind spot monitor is very nice. I don't use the city stop feature so I cannot comment on that. I have taken it down dirt/mud roads, loaded it with all my camping gear, towed kayaks and a canoe, and bikes, and taken it on road trips. Excellent gas mileage. The only issue I really had was that I could not get the roof top carrier bars to match the vehicle color but they match the interior so its ok."

Just bought 2016 and Loving so far!

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, nice interior, looks sporty"

Cons: "none so far!"

"This is for the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring. I relied heavily on reviews before making a final decision, so I wanted to return the favor. While I've only had the car a short time, I am really enjoying it! It is fun to drive, has great acceleration, handling, & braking. The interior is very nice and seats are comfy (got the Parchment color which I love). The screen is easy to read and I really like the "mouse" control feature. Overall a really good value if you are looking for a compact crossover that has a sporty look and feel. Was also looking at RAV4, but didn't compare as far as handling and interior. RAV interior felt cheap and wasn't nearly as fun to drive, although it does have a bit more cargo space."